''There will be a new Star Wars movie every summer starting in 2015''

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by python490 View Post
    I think a new film every year seems kind of over doing it, but I like the idea of what Disney is trying to do. Expand on the star wars universe that most mainstream folk don't know about(I bet many here have read books/comics or played games in different parts/era's of the star wars universe). Old republic stuff, formation of the Order, Rule of two etc.
    Good take on it. But that's hoping they do their research into the different parts of the star wars universe.

Comment

Originally posted by djackson1234 View Post
      Good take on it. But that's hoping they do their research into the different parts of the star wars universe.
      I hope for the above but fear the below...
      Originally posted by rushy View Post
      Some years from now, people will know Star Wars as a long, boring series of crappy B-movies...

Comment

Over saturation is something I would like to avoid.

Instead of a movie each year why not put the money into the 'proposed' live action series?
        "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
        Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
        Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
        Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
        I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
        To thy own self... Be true
        May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
          Over saturation is something I would like to avoid.

Instead of a movie each year why not put the money into the 'proposed' live action series?
          Agreed. But movies will generate more profit than a television series. Movie series can last a long time and be very profitable in theatres but as we can see how great television shows plummet due to a small drop in ratings... I sort of wonder if people become too impatient to sit-in to watch show weekly and resolve to watch them all online or o DVD.

Comment

Do not forget that LOTR came out each year and was filmed in one year, if my memory is correct. And those films did well. And so far the Hobbit looks like it will do just as well.
            Perhaps, this is the trend nowadays.

But, I do agree with the 'saturation' or 'star wars'd out'. Could it be that they may just do 3 SW films then pause a year or two before the next wave of films?

As for the live action tv series, I would rather see a one or two tv movies a year instead.

Comment

the one movie i wanna see is an obi-wan one set during the 20 year gap between Sith and a New Hope.

Comment

So they did not say it would be a live action movie every year... If some of them was like what was made for The Old Republic game I could live with that my self.

Link: http://youtu.be/rPdJdEFilaU
                Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

I like this idea I hope the stories are good until I see it I will optimistic about this
                  sigpic
                  My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                  poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Doze View Post
                    So they did not say it would be a live action movie every year... If some of them was like what was made for The Old Republic game I could live with that my self.

Link: http://youtu.be/rPdJdEFilaU
                    Interesting idea. I'd love more exploration of that era!
                    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                      the one movie i wanna see is an obi-wan one set during the 20 year gap between Sith and a New Hope.
                      Spoiler Alert...he lives alone in a cave and the locals think of him as a hermit old wizard. Not a very exciting film
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X