Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Babylon 4 and it's Cost.

Hi there all,
    I've been thinking lately about the legality issues that would arise if the Earth Alliance found out about the temporal translocation of the station and the fate of those that "re-purposed" it. Most of them are now diplomat's for the ISA.
    But what about the accountants?? Due to the initial massive cost of construction, size, high price to rent a square footage of space and the thousand years of the station being in the possession of the Minbari Federation.
    Would the Earth Alliance issue a bill to the Minbari Federation for the full cost of the station as compensation for its theft and 1000+ years of back rent+ compound interest??
    I think they would and request the return of the station and the credits.
    What are your thoughts about this.

Well given that B4 was taken back to a time a thousand years before the Earth Alliance existed I'm fairly sure the station would have been destroyed or dismantled. However I don't doubt that if Earth knew what happened that they'd forward the bill to either the Minbari or the ISA.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Time travel changes all the rules. Just as well Earth never learned about the fate of B4. Or at least that's always been my assumption.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
        Time travel changes all the rules. Just as well Earth never learned about the fate of B4. Or at least that's always been my assumption.
        Someone always spills the beans. Im sure EA finally found out.
        A crafty politican would put a spin on the issue such as claiming B4 was built to help the Minbari win the war.
        That way Earth can claim they played their part without actually being in the war.

Correct me if I am wrong, but didnt the Minbari and perhaps other alien governments help pay for the cost of one or many of the other Babylon stations?

Comment

They did. I'm not sure about the Vorlons, but I'm pretty sure the other main races contributed. Earth and Minbar paid for most of it though. AFAIK the Babylon project was meant to ensure that the Earth-Minbari war never happened again.
          sigpic

Comment

B4 did survive Valen's Shadow War. It ended was moved to a remote planet. From what I remember reading years ago, an alien race called the Tak'cha (one of the the races that helped defeat the Shadows in Valen's war) watched over the station for 900 years. The station eventually burned up in the atmosphere of the planet it was orbiting.

As far as Earth Alliance "billing" the Minbari Federation or the Interstellar Alliance, I'm sure either group took steps to make sure the EA never found out about the original heist. I mean, the only people who knew where the station was going were Sheridan, Delenn, Lennier, Ivanova, Marcus, Garibaldi, Sinclair/Valen, and Zathras. I don't think any of them are going to be notifying EA about B4's fate.
            sigpic

Comment

The Zathras that was would certainly not tell the Zathras that is yet to be
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X