• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Angry Fuchsbau (217)

GRIMM - SEASON TWO
    ONE ANGRY FUCHSBAU
    EPISODE NUMBER - 217
    Rosalee asks Hank, Nick and Monroe for help when a defense attorney tries to use Wesen wiles to overturn a murder case; memories rush back to Juliette when she returns to the trailer. (Zap2It)

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 20 April 2013, 07:53 PM.

that was a good episode. I loved the scene with them all celebrating (to bad that guy had to come an ruin it). And the part when Nick and Hank were trying to distract the lawyer was great lol. And Bud! always great to see him. The email from Nick's mom was great too.

As for Juliette, that would be scary to have all your memories come back at once like that.

Overall, great episode. Next week looks good too.

oh and Bud gets the quote of the week "She gave it to me for my birthday. Last Christmas. My birthday's on Christmas. Like Jesus. Bye"
    sigpic

Comment

That was hilarious I LOVED all of them working together like this. It was nice to see to have them fun for a change, instead of some life/death situation.
      There were so many great scenes - Rosalee walking into the shop and there Monroe, Nick and Hank standing together
      Also, I liked the small hints - they mentioned coins and Nick´s mum, also Renard telling them about the guy from last week´s episode (which was actually only a day before so the timing of S2 is definitely in months at best, not a long year), the Spanish woman appeared.

I think they finally realized that we are annyoed by them not telling Juliette so I see what they are doing. Tell her now, all at once, would probably drive her crazy. I just hope she won´t just be back in love with Nick forget everything that happened to her, being a happy couple again.

Nick stopping Monroe in the end, that was a change (it usually works the other way round). I liked how Monroe can be angry and dangerous when his loved ones are in danger. That is something I want to see more. Him and Nick fighting a battle side by side? That would be great to watch.

But this was, most of all, a team episode. I loved it

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

I enjoyed this episode.

The Good:
        Everyone in on the plot. I cheered when I realized even Bud was in on it.
        I liked that the DA returned. Grimm is building a nice corpus of reoccurring characters.
        Monroe. I appreciated that we saw his "big, bad" side.
        The scene with the captain was also nice.
        I also liked the return of a familiar Wesen.

The Bad:
        The end in the shop did bother me a small bit because Nick being a Grimm or the Wesen Code was not invoked. They didn't harm an innocent man, but he needed to be informed why his powers were destroyed.

Inconsistent Writing and Juliette. 1. She finally talks to the old woman. About time. Frankly, it's too little to late for me. When I heard her journey was just beginning, I groaned. I would prefer she travel far, far away. I agree that the writers seem to be trying to provide explanations for this slow plot, but so far, I remain unconvinced. 2. When does this woman work? Juries only hear evidence M-F unless sequestered, so this episode has to occur during the week. Juliette has had lots of these random days off that fight with her job. Monroe has a job where can work as he chooses, but Juliette doesn't. It was worse two episodes ago when she endured two-day hallucinations without moving or apparently needing to use the bathroom. I don't blame the actress. I blame the writers for crafting a weak, inconsistent character, who is passive at best and constantly whiny, teary, and helpless at worst.

An 8/10 because the flaws are a bit big.
        "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

My guess is that Juliette could have met the woman on her lunch break or maybe she owns her own practice? because than she could take personal days with out upsetting the boss, since she is the boss. But the two days where she didn't move is definitely a goof. That still doesn't make sense to me.
          sigpic

Comment

True, but I meant when she went with Monroe. Perhaps that is part of the problem, Juliette chunks don't feel integrated with the rest of the show.
            "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

I liked this episode a lot! The "sting" they pulled on goat-guy was great! Funny and complicated, yet it still made sense.

I must say I'm really liking this new dynamic where almost everyone is in on what's going on. It lets all the characters have so much more to do without seeming stupid. Wu's going to be really mad, though, when he finds out he's the last one in on the secret. (Although, he should be happy to finally figure out why there are big holes in his carpet and sofa.)

Comment

I'm wondering if, once this whole big bad royal conspiracy is over, if they move or dig into 'wesen control' with Renard's blessing. We leave you alone if you're being good, but if you're not, we're gonna control you.

There are ways to enforce the wesen code without killing people, which seems to be the main way so far.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I think it was good that Renard was rather open to Nick AND Hank about last week's guy being from the Verrat.

Nick's wearing a red shirt at Monroe's? Thought that red was a problem for Monroe .... or is it only if it is a kid wearing it?

Monroe losing temporarily the toad? priceless; and Hand and Nick trying to distract the guy.

But finally did Monroe inject the correct toad or not? because you could still 'see' the pheromons emanate from that guy during his speech ...

and the guy asking for help exactly at Rosalee's spice shop and finding everyone there, including Bud was just great.

I loved it that they asked Bud's help in this. He's becoming part of the Grimm Team and finally we could again see Monroe woge.

let's say that I enjoyed this week's episode. I am not sure about next week's one though
                  Grimm returns October 24
                  sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                  Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Really enjoyed this episode.

Loved the scene with Nick and Hank questioning the lawyer and Monroe losing and chasing after the frog. I guess he got the right one; even though the lawyer could still project the fumes from his body they seemed to have been lost their abilities.

I was happy to see Bud again. I've always liked the little guy and I was glad to see him working with Nick and the others.

I agree with the others who are rather fed up with Juliette's story line. Enough is enough -- wrap it up and get her back on course, or send her off on a journey to find herself. Although I have the feeling that this may continue to go on into next season.

Do you think the writers will clue in Wu to what is going on? I like him and his rather dry sense of humor. I think he would take everything in stride.

And I totally loved the scene at the end where the gang was all together celebrating. And how, when the lawyer showed up, they all came out of the back room one or two at a time.

All in all, a really enjoyable episode.

Comment

I'm probably alone on this, but I hope they never (or not any time soon) get Wu in on it. I remember what happened in Chuck when everyone knew about him and the intersect and it was boring. There have been other shows that have fallen into the everyone knowing thing such as Roswell, they tried to fix it by having Isabel marry Jessie without telling him but ends up having to tell him anyway lol. I think that its best to have not so main characters remain out of it, so that way you can see the "normal" prospective instead of everyone being cued into the supernatural point of view.
                      sigpic

Comment

wasn't something big supposed to have happened to Adalind in this episode? i remember in the promo her screaming no.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                          wasn't something big supposed to have happened to Adalind in this episode? i remember in the promo her screaming no.
                          yeah, I was waiting for that too
                          Grimm returns October 24
                          sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                          Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                            Promos are often misleading and that scene is probably in an upcoming episode.

Grimm likes to add scenes for more than 1 episode into the promo videos
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
                              But finally did Monroe inject the correct toad or not? because you could still 'see' the pheromons emanate from that guy during his speech ...
                              Yes he did. The guy can still release the pheromones, they just don't work anymore.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X