Slightly absurd question on active Stargates and Supergates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slightly absurd question on active Stargates and Supergates

If a Supergate was activated and a Stargate were activated at the same time and if the active Stargate was sent through a Supergate with a team going through the smaller Stargate itself, then where would the team end up? Would they reach the Ori's galaxy or a nearby planet in the smaller Stargate network...or somewhere else entirely?

You cant have two active gates in proximity, one always takes priority iirc..

Comment

Originally posted by Novus View Post
      If a Supergate was activated and a Stargate were activated at the same time and if the active Stargate was sent through a Supergate with a team going through the smaller Stargate itself, then where would the team end up? Would they reach the Ori's galaxy or a nearby planet in the smaller Stargate network...or somewhere else entirely?
      An interesting question.
      It's true that it has been said in the show of 1 gate taking precedence like with the Antarctic gate on Earth, but we have seen situations where 2 gates do exist in close proximity also. ie where 2 gates are in space and the puddle jumper came out one and into the other(in SGA).

Also it's worth noting that the super gate is of Ori construction, not Ancient, so could work slightly differently. I have a horrible feeling that if the fail-safe's don't prevent it then the result could just be one massive explosion.
      Last edited by Railgun; 04 May 2013, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Railgun View Post
        An interesting question.
        It's true that it has been said in the show of 1 gate taking precedence like with the Antarctic gate on Earth, but we have seen situations where 2 gates do exist in close proximity also. ie where 2 gates are in space and the puddle jumper came out one and into the other(in SGA).

Also it's worth noting that the super gate is of Ori construction, not Ancient, so could work slightly differently. I have a horrible feeling that if the fail-safe's don't prevent it then the result could just be one massive explosion.
        actually in Midway there's just one gate active at a time, not 2.

I also do not believe it's a technical thing but a physics thing: two huge subspace events that close would likely interfere and cause both gates to shut down.

I also do not believe one can time a team going through a gate going through a gate. Once the gate is going through the supergate one can't enter it, and if the team goes through the gate it hasn't been through the supergate.

Comment

I don't think it's Midway, but I can't remember which episode it was, but from memory the puddle jumper goes through the gate and comes out in space with a second gate present in close proximity. It then travels through the second gate to it's final destination.

Were the 2 gates open at the same time? I can't say for sure without re-watching.
          Anyone know the episode?

Comment

No the gates were not open at the same time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DWkT36ZT08- see at about 15 seconds

Comment

That's Mckay's bridge still.

The episode I am talking about there were 2 gates in space in orbit. I think we followed the Wraith there. Maybe I'm just dreaming it. It's a while since I watched SGA.

Comment

Working...
              X