No announcement yet.

The Rains of Castamere (309)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm personally liking the divergence with the books. I was fine with the large number of characters and simultaneous plots and settings. But starting with A Feast for Crows, I started feeling that GRRM had outstretched himself with the narrative. I'm actually liking what the producers have done to compress the narrative (like merging Gendry and the Edric Storm plotline) and make things more succinct.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
      I'm personally liking the divergence with the books. I was fine with the large number of characters and simultaneous plots and settings. But starting with A Feast for Crows, I started feeling that GRRM had outstretched himself with the narrative. I'm actually liking what the producers have done to compress the narrative (like merging Gendry and the Edric Storm plotline) and make things more succinct.
      I'm hoping for AFFC/ADWD they take the time to integrate chronology. For one, it would give Martin more time to finish the bloody books; for another, the comparatively boring material in AFFC will be offset by the vastly superior material in ADWD.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        I'm hoping for AFFC/ADWD they take the time to integrate chronology. For one, it would give Martin more time to finish the bloody books; for another, the comparatively boring material in AFFC will be offset by the vastly superior material in ADWD.
        I'm thinking three seasons to cover those two books adequately. The problem is definitely the chronology issue...Since his chapters can take a hour in the book universe or a month, it definitely gets confusing on what happens when. So hopefully they consult with him on that.
        sigpic

Comment

This was probably one of the best episodes I've seen in shock value. Never saw the end glad I didnt guess. I had to sit on the lounge staring at the credits to try and process what just happened. Really enjoyed the episode.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X