• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Climb (306)

Visit the Episode GuideGAME OF THRONES - SEASON THREE
    THE CLIMB
    EPISODE NUMBER - 306
    Jon and the Wildlings attempt a dangerous climb up the Wall, while Melisandre pays an unexpected visit to the Brotherhood. Theon must decipher the identity of his tormentor, Robb hears Lord Frey's terms, and Tywin attempts to convince Lady Olenna to agree to his plan.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 08 May 2013, 09:08 PM.

I liked this week's episode better than last week's. The scenes with Tywin and Olenna, Cersei&Tyrion, and Littlefinger/Varys were the highlights of the show for me.

Comment

There was a lot less action in this episode, but the dialogue was awesome. Clearly it is setting up for what should be some great final episodes.

The scene between Tywin and Olenna was fun to watch, she always has hilarious lines.
      "I don't deny a word of it, he's a sword swallower through and through"

Boy also pretty much summed up the entire series with a great quote:

"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention"
      sigpic

Comment

Did anyone else notice the ridiculously big clue that the show writers threw into the episode?

Spoilers for the books

Spoiler:
        In the scene with Jaime and Brienne with Roose, Roose's standard was clearly visible. Anyone who was paying attention would have been able to connect him with "the boy"

And yeah, Olenna's dialogue is worth watching each episode.
        sigpic

Comment

I liked a lot - but this seasons is a lot less Tyrion then we used to, I don't like that but the scenes with him and Cersei are always a pleasure to watch ! I have to admit - I kind of like the Lannisters more than the Starks these days, except for Arya of course she always rocks ! Only four episodes to go !
          sigpic

Comment

http://thenerdybomb.com/game-of-thrones-the-climb/

Wrote this review to sum up my feelings about the episode. Really enjoyed the episode and thought it had a good balance of dialogue and action with the climb of the wall.

Comment

"The Lysa Arryn of chairs."

BEST. Varys. Line. Ever. I have never laughed so hard while watching this show.
              GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
              The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
              Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                "The Lysa Arryn of chairs."

BEST. Varys. Line. Ever. I have never laughed so hard while watching this show.
                It was indeed a great line. None of the people I was watching with laughed at the joke, though...Made me sad.
                sigpic

Comment

Ok now I feel a little sorry for Theon and was cringing in pain while watching the torture scene.
                  I thought the effects of the wall crashing were quite good.
                  Olena was hilarious. Not enough Tyrion .
                  I'm also enjoying the Lanisster more than the Starks except Arya .
                  Little finger is beginning to show how nasty he can be.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pym View Post
                    I'm also enjoying the Lanisster more than the Starks except Arya .
                    That's the effect of great acting. Television's Tywin and Jamie are captivating to a degree they're not in the books. And the actor who plays Tyrion won Best Actor for a reason. :-) I love watching them all.

Comment

Working...
                    X