• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dark Wings, Dark Words (302)

Visit the Episode GuideGAME OF THRONES - SEASON THREE
    DARK WINGS, DARK WORDS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 302
    Lady Olenna quizzes Sansa about the King, while Margaery finds a way to gain Joffrey's attention. Arya and her companions encounter the Brotherhood Without Banners, and Jaime tests his boundaries with Brienne. In the North, Bran encounters two mysterious new traveling companions.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 10 April 2013, 11:02 AM.

Whoops, first one?
    Again, loved the episode, this time especially that scene between Catelyn and her daughter-in-law. That really was ... wow! Understandable and sad what she told her about her relatioship and feelings to Jon *sniff*.
    Also my dream-pairing Tyrion/Shae *sigh*. These two together always make me smile. And I love that Shae cares about Sansa. My, this woman is great! I so adore her humour and that she went all envious about Sansa when Tyrion mentioned her. So cute!
    Theon is still alive? Oh, come on! I thought he would be dead by now but now ... argh! Now I know why I avoid to read the books. I don't want to learn about him, he's my number 1 hate-guy on this show. Whiny little boy *wanna kick him right now*. It was somewhat interesting to see him tortured but I hope his new "helping hand" will turn out as a trap so he will finally get killed.
    At the end, the fight between Jaimie and Brienne was good choreographed. At the beginning a little slow but they are both good with handling the swords. It would be interesting to find out who's the better sword-fighter. I bet Jaimie would have a hard time in a serious fight .
    Another thing is about Bran and his dreams. Interesting, he's a sort of seer, right? I thought so before but ... mh, I'm curious to what this storyline with Jojen and his sister will lead. Seer usually rare in fantasy-worlds and precious to others. Will this storyline turn out as something already known or, as they seem to team up here, to something new. Definetely interesting enough to keep my interst

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
    Sig & Avi by Josi
    sigpic
    LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
    I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
      Another thing is about Bran and his dreams. Interesting, he's a sort of seer, right? I thought so before but ... mh, I'm curious to what this storyline with Jojen and his sister will lead. Seer usually rare in fantasy-worlds and precious to others. Will this storyline turn out as something already known or, as they seem to team up here, to something new. Definetely interesting enough to keep my interst
      They call people like Bran as warg or skinchanger, which describes someone with the ability to enter an animal's mind. It was also shown in the Wildlings camp in this episode when one of them was scouting by entering the mind of an eagle. He could actually control the animal's actions when he enters the mind, something which Bran is progressing towards. Bran's storyline will definitely lead to something interesting and unexpected.
      sigpic

Comment

Theon and Jamie and Brienne's story also will....not be forgotten in upcoming episodes

With Sansa and Margery, in teh books
        Spoiler:
        i recalled her towing the party line, not speaking openly. Unless I'm recalling wrong, but I remember her continuing with 'joff is great' but the grandmother knowing that she was lying and as much as saying so
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Grandma Tyrell was great and reminded me of the Dowager Countess on Downton Abbey. Sad there was no Danaerys in this episode, but it was nice to see Arya and the gang again. And the banter between Jaime and Brienne cracked me up.

Why is it that no one seems to see that Margaery is a gold digger besides Cersei?
          Last edited by boo1234; 08 April 2013, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boo1234 View Post
            Grandma Tyrell was great and reminded me of the Dowager Countess on Downton Abbey. Sad there was no Danaerys in this episode, but it was nice to see Arya and the gang again. And the banter between Jaime and Brienne cracked me up.

Why is it that no one seems to see that Margaery is a gold digger besides Cersei?
            She is much more than a gold digger. If you recall last season her conversation with Littlefinger, when he asks her about being queen. She answers him saying she doesn't just want to be a queen, she wants to be THE queen. I think the motivation of the Tyrells are clear and their conversation with Sansa only confirmed it.

I agree about Grandma Tyrell (Olenna), I think it was a great casting job. Looking forward to more of what the two of them have in store.
            sigpic

Comment

Diana Rigg I believe. was Granny Tyrell

And really Margery is no different from Cersei...she wants power. and is willing and able to manipulate her intended to get it and keep it. Which is what she was looking for from Sansa, knowledge is power, and how to handle her intended to stay alive while doing so. Joff is Henry the VIII on steroids, a sociopath with absolute power.

The part Cersei can't stand, if Margery is Joff's wife, Cersei will be sent home to Casterly Rock to be the proper Queen Mother, trotted out at ceremonial occasions a couple of times a year. If Joff is to marry anyone, Cersei wants her to be malleable and quiet and submissive, so Cersei can remain in charge. Margery will be none of that, which is why Cersei can't stand her.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

And really Margery is no different from Cersei...she wants power. and is willing and able to manipulate her intended to get it and keep it. Which is what she was looking for from Sansa, knowledge is power, and how to handle her intended to stay alive while doing so. Joff is Henry the VIII on steroids, a sociopath with absolute power.
                What you did there..I see it.
                sigpic

Comment

Isn't Cersei the Queen Regent until Joff comes of age, married or no? She's clearly losing control of him (or never really had as much as she wagered), but it seems like she's in charge until he gains a couple of years.

Then again, Joffrey is good at throwing his weight around and defying her when he wants to. I could see him forcing her out.

Margaery and Jojen are both reeeally intriguing characters I can't wait to see more of.
                  GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                  The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                  Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Theoretically she has some power, but it more comes from her Lannister background, I would imagine. No one is willing to cross her because of that.

Joffrey definitely holds the true power.
                    sigpic

Comment

Cersei thought her son would be an easy puppet, but when he defied her in season 1 with Ned's fate, he proved that he has no intention of following mommy. So she lost control of him almost as soon as she put the crown on his head. And I think she confessed as much to someone last season. Tyrion maybe? Her relationship with her brother goes back and forth, from total hate and disgust to her needing him as an ally in Jamie's absence. (you have to feel sorry for tyrion, being so hated and loathed simply because he was born)

I can honestly see Joff sending her away or installing a new regent...or declaring since he's married he doesn't need a regent.

Margery is, at the very least, practical. Telling her gay husband 'what tricks do we need to do to get you to get me pregnant?'....didn't care that her hubby liked boys better, just knew that she needed to have an heir and would do whatever it took to get it, and staying in power mattered more to her than anything.

She's probably what Cersei could have been had she not been a pawn in her father's game. Cersei was sold off in marriage by a father that wanted power, and she's learned to be that way to hold her own. (getting power is the family business anyway)

sigpic

Comment

Ok I loved the episode, but havent read the books so am a little confused,
                        Who has captured Theon and why are they torturing him ? But dont tell if it ruins a surprise.
                        I think Cersie is loosing control of Joffrey, I hope Margery can control him I think she got a little worried when he asked about her previous husband, but she knew just how to bring him back to her favor.
                        Jaimia and Brian story is starting to develop. That will be interesting to see how they end up.

Oh and also I agree with Hyndara totally . I hate Theon and dont mind seeing him cry.
                        sigpic

Comment

She's probably what Cersei could have been had she not been a pawn in her father's game. Cersei was sold off in marriage by a father that wanted power, and she's learned to be that way to hold her own. (getting power is the family business anyway)
                          Yea it will be interesting to see Cersei and Margaery clash heads in the upcoming episodes. Right now Margery is doing a lot of plotting but we know that Cersei is great at being devious too.

Originally posted by Pym View Post
                          Ok I loved the episode, but havent read the books so am a little confused,
                          Who has captured Theon and why are they torturing him ? But dont tell if it ruins a surprise.
                          So do you want to know the answer or not? Lol. Of course it will ruin the surprise. It is a book spoiler so I will tag it.

Spoiler:
                          In the books Theon is captured and tortured by Ramsay Bolton (Roose Bolton's bastard son). I'm not sure how they are doing it in on the show as they seem to have skipped over quite a bit already
                          sigpic

Comment

We are reaching the point in the show where what was in the books may or may not reflect what's on the screen. Whole storylines are skipped, others are tweaked, others are condensed.

sigpic

Comment

Cersei thought her son would be an easy puppet, but when he defied her in season 1 with Ned's fate, he proved that he has no intention of following mommy. So she lost control of him almost as soon as she put the crown on his head. And I think she confessed as much to someone last season. Tyrion maybe? Her relationship with her brother goes back and forth, from total hate and disgust to her needing him as an ally in Jamie's absence. (you have to feel sorry for tyrion, being so hated and loathed simply because he was born)

I can honestly see Joff sending her away or installing a new regent...or declaring since he's married he doesn't need a regent.

Margery is, at the very least, practical. Telling her gay husband 'what tricks do we need to do to get you to get me pregnant?'....didn't care that her hubby liked boys better, just knew that she needed to have an heir and would do whatever it took to get it, and staying in power mattered more to her than anything.

Yeah, bitterness definitely has had an effect on Cersei, but I think Margery is just wiser all the way around. Like you said, she's naturally practical, which is a trait I've only really seen in one Lannister: Tyrion. As soon as Margery was betrothed to Joffery in place of Sansa at the end of season 2, I knew I just had to see season 3 just for the fact that Margery is more than her match, imo. And it's little things, like her ability to be blunt without being blunt. Like when Cersei told her she might be in need of armor some day after Margery "complimented" her armor adorned dress. Margery very gracefully reminded them that the people were starving, and well, isn't it nice that we're bringing in, what is it, 100 wagons of food per day? She basically said "Shut up, we're feeding you (and your people) and we saved you from Stannis Baratheon." Joffrey, realizing he had more to gain from them than his mother, quickly jumped on that bandwagon and dismissed what his mother had to say.

I just loved it, because I was like, "Oh, you're not calling this one "little dove," now are you?"

Unlike Cersei, Margery realizes that it's in her best interest for her subjects to love and adore her, which means she'll at least be decent and fair with them, like she was with the orphaned children whose fathers died for their "King". I hope she sticks around for a long while.

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                              Yea it will be interesting to see Cersei and Margaery clash heads in the upcoming episodes. Right now Margery is doing a lot of plotting but we know that Cersei is great at being devious too.
                              I love Cersei, but I'm team Margery all the way. They will be a joy to watch. The casting for this series is just great.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X