Valar Dohaeris (301)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

I don't support any kickstarter. First, HBO has billions and are making billions off the show. Second, my bigger issue isn't missing 'every' scene but hoping they have a plan to finish the story should GRRM procrastinate finishing the story to the point that it never gets done.
    So you would support a form of kickstarter that literally kicks Martin into finishing the story?
    sigpic

Comment

Short of standing over him, it won't happen. I will believe him finishing the stories when I read them.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

By the way, the producers know the general idea of the rest of the series. Martin told them just in case he keels over. More importantly, they know how he intends to end the series.

So even if the book series somehow never was finished, the story would go on.
        sigpic

Comment

Very good episode. Felt like a set up for the rest of the season, in a good way. The translator bit was indeed pretty cool.

It would appreciated if people keep book spoilers, or any spoilers for that matter, out of episode thread.
          Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

the spoiler policy is: this episode can be spoken about freely within this thread. no tags needed. but future episodes do need to be tagged

For example, in the thread for episode 308 you can talk freely about episodes 301 - 308, but 309 - 312 must be tagged.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              the spoiler policy is: this episode can be spoken about freely within this thread. no tags needed. but future episodes do need to be tagged

For example, in the thread for episode 308 you can talk freely about episodes 301 - 308, but 309 - 312 must be tagged.
              What about spoilers using the books?
              Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Oh How I missed Game of Thrones. Really enjoyed the first episode cant wait for episode two tonight.
                Having not read the books I was like Gen Chris friends wondering why Sansa hadn't taken off when she had the chance to. But it now makes sense that she would think it a test. Thanks Gen Chris.
                sigpic

Comment

Let me refresh my memory by talking to the mods. I do know that things would get very confusing soon with books and show since the show is tweaking events and chronology so much....especially in a bit when I think book 4 and 5 - which were released a couple of years apart - but both take place at the same time. They divided it up by character not time, so you finish book 4, then start to read book 5 and have to remember that you're 'back in time' so tp speak.

sigpic

Comment

OK

Here it goes

The episode discussion threads are for what you see on the TV only. You want to bring up the books, feel free, but they gotta be tagged.

So let's say a thread is for episode 309, anything up to and including 309 is free game....anything in the book, must be tagged, anything for 310 + must be tagged.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X