• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nightmare in Silver (3313/713)

Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO - SERIES 33
    NIGHTMARE IN SILVER
    EPISODE NUMBER - 3313 (713)
    The Doctor and Clara take her young friends to a legendary intergalactic amusement park, only to find a platoon of soldiers and the last survivors of the war against the Cybermen -- freshly upgraded and with their eye set on the Doctor's mind.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 14 May 2013, 09:11 PM.

Is it just me or is Angie a tad obnoxious?

Wow, Herrick certainly fell on bad times.

New mini Cyber Mats?

Hmm, I'm liking the new Cybermen. Their movement seems reminiscent of RoboCop while their design has definite Iron Man cues.

"I'm not sure I'd go that far"

Cyber-Doctor... is really creepy.

Regeneration as weapon? Interesting...

Is Matt Smith channelling Jon Pertwee a bit in this episode?

Oh... detachable autonomous hands? Have the Cybermen been watching Red Dwarf, Or The Addams Family?

Wow, these Cybermen really are creepy - and clever.

Hmm, it's not The Doctor's Wife.
    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
    sigpic
    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Pretty good episode, but the kids were abit annoying, especially the girl...
      Interesting new concept for the Cybermen...

Next week though...
      Wow, looks like its going to be good!

Comment

A brilliant episode, the first time I actually enjoyed an return of an old doctor who enemy. I liked the mini cybermats. Gaiman borrow a few ideas from star trek borg and turn the cybermen into a true threat for once, the stuff growing out of the doctor face reminds me of Seven of nine.

Angie was obnoxious , but she no more obnoxious than the doctor. An I love it when us humans spot something or think something that the Doctor, and in this case the Cybermen both missed.

Personally I like the two kids and be happy to see them take a second journey.

Love seeing inside the mind of the Doctor, wish they showed us a few extra bits of information about his history through.
        Would love to see Warwick Davies return as emperor and see him and the Doctor join forces to battle cybermen. The emperor is the closest thing the doctor to a rival for destruction.

I think even Gaiman relies he made the Cybermen to powerful and tone them down at the end of the episode, they should have took that entire castle in a couple of seconds and slaughtered everyone.

May be Gaiman can do something with the Daleks to make them as watchable, though I don't think even he is a good enough writer to make that happen.
        Last edited by knowles2; 11 May 2013, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Sorry Gaiman, I think it felt like filler. After TCH it was definitely a drop back down. The rubbish troops were worse than awful, though the cyber-Doctor was worth seeing.

Comment

Woha, this was nailbiting (can you sai that?) Obnoxious? Oh, new word. Yeah, she definitly was. The troops were a littlebit rediculous but I realy liked the Jekyll&Hyde Doctor thing, though I got pretty confused when he was himself and when not (though it could be told from the camera angle).
            The doctor realising, hes having a cruch on Clara? Hm, personally I liked it, thou I can already here lots of people complaining. But I thinc, Coco was right with what she said last week about the Doctor getting a little too horny (doesen suit im) Too tight skirts?! But maybe there will we a reason for that change?

Am I the only one to realise, the ship of teh empora lookd like one of this minicyberthings? And am I the only one to think, Angie brought this little fellows back to earth? (we saw them scuttle other the phon, an in the very end the doctor handing it back to her) I did'nt watch the trailer for next week in fear of spoilers, so it might have been shown anyway, but I think we are going to see the Cyberman again.

The Timelords invented chess? Nice one.

Ow, and was it just be, or did the guy in the beginnig look like the Dreamlord from Series 5?
            Nobody asked me, if I wanted to live. So don't anyone tell me how I shoul lead my life.

Comment

Hmmm....

1. Oops Doctor, you arrived too late mate!

2. OK...exactly how did the Cybermen get reactivated?

3. OK...someone saw the humanoid Replicators on Stargate...

4. Did not call Porridge as emporer...

Solid ep but nowhere near the best this season.
              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Next week is the finale? These 7 episode "seasons" hurt the show, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                  Angie was obnoxious , but she no more obnoxious than the doctor. An I love it when us humans spot something or think something that the Doctor, and in this case the Cybermen both missed.
                  The Doctor's earned the right to be obnoxious (which I personally don't think he is), having lived for well over a thousand years, saved countless lives, done amazing things, risked his life innumerable times and been involved in major historical events, not to mention possessing a phenomenal brain. Angie... hasn't, and to me she takes typical teenage attitude a bit too far.

Then again, I've never liked kids.

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
                  Sorry Gaiman, I think it felt like filler. After TCH it was definitely a drop back down. The rubbish troops were worse than awful, though the cyber-Doctor was worth seeing.
                  Agreed on pretty much every point. The Doctor's Wife was always going to be a tough one to beat, but this just felt like he was phoning it in - though the new Cybermen are a nice development and a bit more scary, admittedly.

Originally posted by techs View Post
                  Next week is the finale? These 7 episode "seasons" hurt the show, imo.
                  Well technically the season began last year with Asylum of the Daleks, they just split it into two, but yes, I agree. I much prefer a single thirteen episode season. Hopefully after the 50th they can get back to doing exactly that.
                  And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Greenee View Post
                    The troops were a littlebit rediculous
                    I disagree... They were a Punishment Platoon... given a gash job... It's interesting to note in the real world that in operational environments (and I will admit, this is more the Americans - observation, not attack), you DO have your 'GI Joe' kinda characters, your every day kinda character, and finally you have your 'how the hell did you even pass training?!' servicemen. I recall in Kandahar there were some definitely obese US troops, and some US personnel who were so tall and skinny, I thought they'd break from the weight of their daysack....

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Did anyone catch the floating piece of beeping Cyber-tech at the end of the episode?

Does that mean that some knowledge discovered from the Doctor is now going to be used by the Cybermen?

*throw back to Rings of Ahkaten*

DOCTOR: ..and i know things, secrets that must never be spoken, knowledge that must never be shared ..

As for the new Cybermen, i found them somewhat lackluster. Personally, the inclusion of Human evisceration and harvesting was part of what made them scary. Just like the Borg they care nothing for the flesh, they will mutilate, eviscerate, remove, cut, burn, liquify etc etc as long as it is in the most efficient manner for whatever objectives they have prioritized.

N.C

Comment

starts in 10 minutes here
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post
                          Did anyone catch the floating piece of beeping Cyber-tech at the end of the episode?

Does that mean that some knowledge discovered from the Doctor is now going to be used by the Cybermen?

I sincerely hope so. I hope he let some small or big piece of essential knowledge slip through. We still don't know who constructed that Tardis, could be the first Cybermen attempt, an be may part of Moffat long term plan to have another time war, that we get to see this time.

But he lost almost half of his brain to the Cyber planner control, that mean almost certainly yes. Although I think it just another seed Guiman or Moffat planted that may be use sometime in the future, if they feel like it.

I thought it was a shame they didn't just show a single bug on a piece of rock, slowly making another copy of itself, instead of showing the head.

I like the way that Cybermen actually use some tactics in this episode also make a big change from gun hue enemies we usually encounter.
                          Last edited by knowles2; 11 May 2013, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                            I disagree... They were a Punishment Platoon... given a gash job... It's interesting to note in the real world that in operational environments (and I will admit, this is more the Americans - observation, not attack), you DO have your 'GI Joe' kinda characters, your every day kinda character, and finally you have your 'how the hell did you even pass training?!' servicemen. I recall in Kandahar there were some definitely obese US troops, and some US personnel who were so tall and skinny, I thought they'd break from the weight of their daysack....
                            Well I trust you there are, even without knowing anithing amout millitarystuff. But even than their behavior seem redicoulis, or rather because of that. And I'm not sure, if it was necessary to have so many charcters like this for this episode.

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post

*throw back to Rings of Ahkaten*

DOCTOR: ..and i know things, secrets that must never be spoken, knowledge that must never be shared ..
                            Yes I did. Though at first I thought it to be the emperors ship. hmm, interisting thought; might be. And by watching it again straight away again. I also have to recall what I said about the phone. I did'nt realise the Doctor gave her a new one, but thought he kind of fixed the ald one. But still? Might this be of any importance? Oh, can't wait for the final.
                            Nobody asked me, if I wanted to live. So don't anyone tell me how I shoul lead my life.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                              I sincerely hope so. I hope he let some small piece of essential knowledge slip through. We still don't know who constructed that Tardis.
                              That TARDIS?

The Cyber Doctor did point out that the database of the universe had a Doctor shaped hole in them and he could be identified by his absence.
                              People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Working...
                              X