This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Phantom Of The Opera

Who else has seen it and what did you think of the movie?

I thought it was great. I love the music!

Last edited by -Jules-; 12 February 2005, 01:41 PM.

*LTSS.T.A.K.S
    Christian Gaters Unite!|| One show down.... SAVE SGA!!!

saw the stage version in toronto in 90, but have not seen the movie....
    Thanks!
    Jordan

my page
    My LJ
    From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

I have seen the stage version twice, one of those times on Broadway. I absolutely loved it, loved it, loved it.

I went to see the movie intending to like it but not expecting it to be as special as the stage version. I was wrong. I loved it even more. Seeing the characters facial expresions added so much, not to mention the more in-depth story. The music is just wonderful. I cried several times and at the end struck up conversations with other Phantom lovers in the theater.

BTW, my husband and brother-in-law really enjoyed it as well and they're not the musical type.
      sigpic
      ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

I saw the stage show a bunch of times. I was kinda scared to see the movie, but it wasn't that bad. Phantom purists probably wouldn't like it that much, but I see the book, stage show, and movies as completely seperate things. Although I did enjoy seeing Wesley clones from the Princess Bride randomly show up during "Point of No Return"
        Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
        RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

i've seen the movie twice and i LOVE it the music is amazing and visually it's stunning

can't WAIT til it comes out on video

Comment

I wasn't expecting it to be as good as the stage version either, but it really is incredible...there's a lot of stuff in it that they can't do onstage, like the flashback (and flash-forward) scenes, that really help the plot. And the music, of course, is excellant.

Comment

Yaaaaaaaarrgh. Saw the movie. Still trying to forget that Boring pile of -breaks off it a fit of sullen muttering and swearing-

Extremely long draw out boring movie. Why the hell didn't that Guy just run the Phantaom through in the graveyard? How did the Phantom mangae to get well and truely tied that portcullis? He only threw a rope around him and suddenly hes bound solidly to the damn thing.

Very very veyr Bad movie....
              sigpic
              Banner By JME2

Comment

you must HATE the stage version then... the movie IMO is much more engaging than the play (same music, but visually much more exciting )

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
                  Yaaaaaaaarrgh. Saw the movie. Still trying to forget that Boring pile of -breaks off it a fit of sullen muttering and swearing-

Extremely long draw out boring movie. Why the hell didn't that Guy just run the Phantaom through in the graveyard? How did the Phantom mangae to get well and truely tied that portcullis? He only threw a rope around him and suddenly hes bound solidly to the damn thing.

Very very veyr Bad movie....
                  Come now. Tell us what you really think.
                  sigpic
                  ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Originally posted by emily_reich
                    you must HATE the stage version then... the movie IMO is much more engaging than the play (same music, but visually much more exciting )
                    Agreed. I'm going to see it again next weekend when my daughter comes home.
                    sigpic

Comment

yeah, I went to see it with some friends who are REALLY into that style music. more than I. I'm also not big into dramas. But I want to see it again. I'll probobly go with my grandma. She LOVES the stage production!

Originally posted by shelsfc
                      I wasn't expecting it to be as good as the stage version either, but it really is incredible...there's a lot of stuff in it that they can't do onstage, like the flashback (and flash-forward) scenes, that really help the plot. And the music, of course, is excellant.
                      I agree. I also liked how they would change from time to time. (b/w > color) lol At the beginning when the chandelier was raised and the phantom theme was playing I actually got chills!

*LTSS.T.A.K.S

Comment

i SO got chills there!! the music started up and i literally got goosebumps!! it was amazing!!

Comment

YES! lol That right there says it's a good movie!
                          And it did have some humor. Overall I found it very enjoyable.

So, what was everyone's favorite scenes?

I think my favs were the masquerade when the phantom enters the scene and everyone looks over at him and the very end when he's sitting down with the musicbox/monkey and he's kind of singing...that just broke my heart.
                          Last edited by -Jules-; 12 February 2005, 12:44 PM.

*LTSS.T.A.K.S

Comment

I want Sarah Brightman!

Comment

Originally posted by blueiris
                              Come now. Tell us what you really think.
                              Too be honest? I didn't like.. I'm not sure if it came across in my post.

In my defense, It's not my genre at all my parents decided it'd be a nice family trip so I got dragged along. And also Unexpectedly on a tuesday so I was mising Stargate. (Makes me very grumpy)

Did anyone else leave the cinema with their ears ringing? Eveey time the Phatoam appear it was: Let try our darnest to pop your ear drums time!

*beat*

Just me then?
                              sigpic
                              Banner By JME2

Comment

Working...
                              X