Cold War (3309/709)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
    I do believe that it is a Raytheon Sentinel. Essentially a converted Bombardier Global Express private civilian aircraft converted to a battlefield surveillance role. Hence the large torpedo shaped radar pod on the bottom and another oddly shaped bulge on its back near the cockpit.
    Cool looking plane.

Interesting also that the USA is still using the U2 after all these years
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
      Cool looking plane.

Interesting also that the USA is still using the U2 after all these years
      Well, you can't beat a classic.

Plus of course it'd be bloody expensive to design and built a replacement.
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
        Well, you can't beat a classic.

Plus of course it'd be bloody expensive to design and built a replacement.
        Not if you ask John Howard... Indeed, he didn't even mind helping finance the F15 Eagle's replacement, without any guarantee of being able to buy any...
        back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
        "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
        "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
        and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
          Not if you ask John Howard... Indeed, he didn't even mind helping finance the F15 Eagle's replacement, without any guarantee of being able to buy any...
          He was also a bit of an ass as a PM
          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

My thoughts on this episode...

'Cold War' was a lot better than the previous episodes. It grabbed my attention from the start. It was also great to see a familar genre actor in the show... And the re-introduction of a classic Who monster. I wonder if we'll see the Ice Warriors again?

And it was good to see the actors speaking with their own voices and not using a 'stylised' Russian/English accent.
            "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
            Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
            Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
            Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
            I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
            To thy own self... Be true
            May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Definitely a plus with the actors speaking in their own voices. I really enjoyed this one, very good.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X