2 Ideas for SG-1 Stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 Ideas for SG-1 Stories

I wasn't sure where to post this so please move if it's in the wrong place.

I had 2 ideas for what I think would have made great Stargate stories/episodes in the show and wondered what you think. I don't know what the full story would have been so these are just the general plot ideas set at some point in SG-1's time line.

Story 1: Tidus

An SG team (lets say SG-10) were asked to oversee a naquadah mining operation on P3X-411 and part of that process involved using powerful explosives to blast away deep rock so they could reach the naquadah. After several of these blasts the mining crew and SG-10 discovered a large sphere shaped object buried in the ground but upon examining it the object began breaking free from the rock and floated in the air. The object flew off in the direction of the stargate, activated the gate and went through.

Over the coming months after this event more of these objects were reported to do the same thing on other worlds and even witnessed by other SG teams who still had no idea what they were or where they went. A 304 heading back to Earth hits an object while travelling through hyperspace disabling the 304 and shaking up the crew. Although stranded in space with no way to move they were close to a planet with a stargate so a 302 was sent down to report to the SGC and tell them what happened but before the gate could be dialled an incoming wormhole is activated and as the pilot steps back 100's of these spheres interconnected come through the gate at an incredible speed and heads towards the 304 and completely destroys it. The pilot of the 302 obviously returns back to the SGC and tells them what has happened.

What is this thing?. Well when the Ancients first created the stargate and began placing gates on other worlds to travel to via a wormhole what they didn't know then was that a life form lived in the wormhole spectrum or whatever you want to call it. When the Ancients began opening wormholes all over the place it disrupted this life form and caused it to blow up/go out of phase and enter normal space with different pieces of it landing on different worlds. Now that the mining crew freed one of the pieces it set out to find the rest and it's extremely unhappy.....this thing is like the "worm" in a worm hole. Thats basically the basis of the story (fill in the blanks lol).

Story 2: Forgotten

Carter is running diagnostics and analysis on the gates operating system (I guess you could call it that lol it has to have one rite?) and playing around with the code trying to figure out what does what using some software she developed. When the analysis finished it displays a very large section of code that wasn't previously detected while running earlier analysis, code that is very large but doesn't appear to have anything to do with the running of the gate. After spending a few days going through the code trying to figure out what it is, Carter suddenly realises that it's not a gate function but a memory file and rushes to General Hammond to tell him what she found. Carter tells General Hammond that something is stored in the gate and that she thinks she can get it out..General Hammond gives her permission to try.

Carter creates a program that will activate the gate and initiate the memory code. General Hammond orders troops to the gate room weapons ready just in case and Carter runs the program, the gate activates and for a few moments nothing happens then a box shaped object (clearly Ancient in design) slowly emerges from the event horizon and drops to the floor..the gate deactivates. The box is taken to a secure lab where Carter and other scientist examine and open the box and inside find an Ancient tablet (like an Ancient version of the ipad) and a sample of some type of metal. Jackson being the Ancient expert is asked to look at and translate the information on the tablet and discovers it contains plans for a device and a 7 symbol gate address. They try dialling the address but fail to make a connection and ask a 304 to do a fly by at its calculated position but find nothing..no planet, no moon, nothing.

The device the plans show is for an inner ring that sits in the middle of the stargate and the sample of metal is the mineral they need to find in order to make it. The box was left and hidden in the gates memory by Moros (I think thats his name) the Ancient scientist who liked to hide things from the others in clever ways. The device is some type of key that would allow a connection to whatever was at the other end..or a decoder ring as O'neill would call it.

I have no idea what would be at the other end but I thought the idea of something stored/saved in a gate memory file would be cool. As we know from when Teal'c got stuck in the gate it stores the object/person in memory and its basically a computer and computers can store other files....its possible.

Originally posted by maxrpg View Post
    I wasn't sure where to post this so please move if it's in the wrong place.

I had 2 ideas for what I think would have made great Stargate stories/episodes in the show and wondered what you think. I don't know what the full story would have been so these are just the general plot ideas set at some point in SG-1's time line.

Story 1: Tidus

An SG team (lets say SG-10) were asked to oversee a naquadah mining operation on P3X-411 and part of that process involved using powerful explosives to blast away deep rock so they could reach the naquadah. After several of these blasts the mining crew and SG-10 discovered a large sphere shaped object buried in the ground but upon examining it the object began breaking free from the rock and floated in the air. The object flew off in the direction of the stargate, activated the gate and went through.

Over the coming months after this event more of these objects were reported to do the same thing on other worlds and even witnessed by other SG teams who still had no idea what they were or where they went. A 304 heading back to Earth hits an object while travelling through hyperspace disabling the 304 and shaking up the crew. Although stranded in space with no way to move they were close to a planet with a stargate so a 302 was sent down to report to the SGC and tell them what happened but before the gate could be dialled an incoming wormhole is activated and as the pilot steps back 100's of these spheres interconnected come through the gate at an incredible speed and heads towards the 304 and completely destroys it. The pilot of the 302 obviously returns back to the SGC and tells them what has happened.

What is this thing?. Well when the Ancients first created the stargate and began placing gates on other worlds to travel to via a wormhole what they didn't know then was that a life form lived in the wormhole spectrum or whatever you want to call it. When the Ancients began opening wormholes all over the place it disrupted this life form and caused it to blow up/go out of phase and enter normal space with different pieces of it landing on different worlds. Now that the mining crew freed one of the pieces it set out to find the rest and it's extremely unhappy.....this thing is like the "worm" in a worm hole. Thats basically the basis of the story (fill in the blanks lol).

Story 2: Forgotten

Carter is running diagnostics and analysis on the gates operating system (I guess you could call it that lol it has to have one rite?) and playing around with the code trying to figure out what does what using some software she developed. When the analysis finished it displays a very large section of code that wasn't previously detected while running earlier analysis, code that is very large but doesn't appear to have anything to do with the running of the gate. After spending a few days going through the code trying to figure out what it is, Carter suddenly realises that it's not a gate function but a memory file and rushes to General Hammond to tell him what she found. Carter tells General Hammond that something is stored in the gate and that she thinks she can get it out..General Hammond gives her permission to try.

Carter creates a program that will activate the gate and initiate the memory code. General Hammond orders troops to the gate room weapons ready just in case and Carter runs the program, the gate activates and for a few moments nothing happens then a box shaped object (clearly Ancient in design) slowly emerges from the event horizon and drops to the floor..the gate deactivates. The box is taken to a secure lab where Carter and other scientist examine and open the box and inside find an Ancient tablet (like an Ancient version of the ipad) and a sample of some type of metal. Jackson being the Ancient expert is asked to look at and translate the information on the tablet and discovers it contains plans for a device and a 7 symbol gate address. They try dialling the address but fail to make a connection and ask a 304 to do a fly by at its calculated position but find nothing..no planet, no moon, nothing.

The device the plans show is for an inner ring that sits in the middle of the stargate and the sample of metal is the mineral they need to find in order to make it. The box was left and hidden in the gates memory by Moros (I think thats his name) the Ancient scientist who liked to hide things from the others in clever ways. The device is some type of key that would allow a connection to whatever was at the other end..or a decoder ring as O'neill would call it.

I have no idea what would be at the other end but I thought the idea of something stored/saved in a gate memory file would be cool. As we know from when Teal'c got stuck in the gate it stores the object/person in memory and its basically a computer and computers can store other files....its possible.
    great ideas; unique and rather creative
    If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
    [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Are you giving these out for people to grab them and write them? If so, you might want to copy your post into the Plot Bunny Adoption thread.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
      Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
      sigpic
      now also appearing on DeviantArt
      Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Thanks glad you like the ideas ..and I posted a link in the bunny thread.

My original idea for the first was for it to be a mythical creature known on many worlds as the "Tidus" and its food was naquadah and obviously in order to eat it had to rip big chunks out of planets destroying villages and killing people in the process. Many 1000's of years ago a group of survivors from these destroyed worlds got together and decided enough was enough and formulated a plan to rid themselves of the Tidus once and for all. They some how managed to kill it by poisoning the naquadah in some way and when it went back through the gate the poison method they used caused some kind of reaction in the wormhole that caused the Tidus to explode with pieces of it scattered across many worlds....the rest of the story kind of plays out the same way in the one the I posted above.

I guess any version would have done lol

Comment

i like the second one - one could customize that one into the gates being the ancients "true" database/network (like a kind of ancient wireless-network/internet, with updates/new entries - if there were any - beeing distributed during the stellar-drift-updates)

greetings LAX
          ps: the gate could also contain a "living" ancient (like in that star trek episode Scotty used the transporter-storrage-buffer as a way to preserve himself for a long time after a ship crash)

Comment

Working...
          X