Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

regarding a kickstarter: it needs a power-that-be involved, making things happen and talking to mgm. this can't be only fans doing this... we *need* someone with power.
    sally

sigpic

Comment

When it comes right down to it the ship has clearly sailed.

MGM is rebooting the entire franchise. SG-1, Atlantis, Universe. We have seen the last of them. You don't reboot a series then go back to the old version, they simply wouldn't do it. So sadly, this is it. A clear sign from the people in power, they don't want the franchise to continue. They'd rather erase what they've done. The world they created. They would rather go back and pretend it never happened.

Goodbye Stargate. More were my Generations Science Fiction. You will be missed.

Comment

Originally posted by Esquin View Post
        When it comes right down to it the ship has clearly sailed.

MGM is rebooting the entire franchise. SG-1, Atlantis, Universe. We have seen the last of them. You don't reboot a series then go back to the old version, they simply wouldn't do it. So sadly, this is it. A clear sign from the people in power, they don't want the franchise to continue. They'd rather erase what they've done. The world they created. They would rather go back and pretend it never happened.

Goodbye Stargate. More were my Generations Science Fiction. You will be missed.
        they aren't erasing the tv shows or mythology, just ignoring it to create an alternate reality stargate movie. and that's how i view the em/dev movie, as *it* being the alternate reality now.

we also have the official novels.
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
          This sounds like Daniel and Teal'c are the main focus of "Revolution". It was supposed to be Jack-centric, meaning that the main part of the film would be about Jack, and likely with the rest of the team as supporting characters.

Oh, and for what it's worth (for those not liking a novelized version of the movie), I'll take a novelized version of the movie any day over getting nothing at all.
          Of course it would be Jack-centric. It would start with Jack being promoted to to a higher rank and him and Sam still dealing with their feelings towards each other. Then the whole going public thing would make them reconsider about trying to be together after all, even during the time Daniel and Teal'c escaping their prison cells and heading to Area 51 to get the Arc. So we would see just them making a run for it, getting to the Arc, while the rest would probably be Jack thinking about his time on SG1 and about how much he misses Sam after all. Meanwhile, while re-captured, she would probably be thinking the same. Only SG-1 members would remember what actually happened before the time reversal and would choose to just remain friends and S/J would finally become a couple.

P.S.: Somehow, I'm also glad Revolution didn't get made. Sure, I would watch it if S/J relationship would have been made official. But it does sound like that the writers were going to push a reset button right before the end of the movie. And since Daniel's attempts to keep the Arc from being moved to Area 51 were unsuccessful, I think the most logical conclusion would be him finally finding out what else it can do and it would be all a part of this Jack-centric story.
          Last edited by Mnikolic; 03 July 2014, 12:57 AM.

Comment

A reboot does not necessarily mean the pre-reboot material would not be touched.
            Even with JJ Abrams, The old Startrek universe still gets new additions through Startrek online and novels.

Comment

Is the reboot actually confirmed? I have only read that he approached MGM about them... That he wanted to do a reboot of the original film that would eventually become a trilogy, not that it was green lit by MGM.

Comment

Yes it is.

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/8...targate-Reboot

Comment

Working...
                X