Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
    @ Klenotka:
    Uhm ... sorry to say that but he indeed seems to have some very fast healing vibes (that or the makeup-artist did the worst job ever): 2.11 Nick had a black eye from the fight with the Wendigo. 2.12 starts at the SAME day when 2.11 ended and Nick's eye is heal again. Noticed that a couple of times now, especially in season 2 - true, season 2 has a short timeline, so this "failures" are clearer.
    It could just be a plothole. They may have forgotten to reflect events from one episode into another. I hope they could explain this because viewers (especially genre fans) are not stupid.
    He didn´t seem to have this ability in 2x01 or 2x02 when he was beaten and was worse the other day

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

I didn't noticed that first too, but then, after thinking about the episodes again, I stumbled upon it and rewatched it. Maybe it's a plothole, maybe not. I'd the slide idea that Nick's healing potential is also higher, as it goes for his strength and maybe speed. The sense he had a while now, I think I noticed since somewhere in the first season. So, that's not that big news anymore. The superhearing is/was/whatever.
      Sorry, but I feel sorry for Nick IF this hearing would stay now (maybe it's only kicking in when he cannot use his eyes). Would you like to have such sensitive ears? You would always hear everything - horror!

Another thing that bothers me since the first season is his his sense of smell. I think Grimm are not able to smell very good. Rewatch 1.10 and 2.03, in both scenes, when they are finding the organs, aka the killed animals, everyone around Nick reacts earlier to the smell from the cadavers than he, and his reaction isn't really strong.

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
      Sig & Avi by Josi
      sigpic
      LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
      I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

An episode I really enjoyed, yes, even with the horrible subject matter!!!

Watching that seemingly nice South African man turn into that 'fly' really did make me squirm on the first occasion it happened on screen, the unexpected nature of his transformation was nicely done. The idea of it putting those worms into peoples' eyes and growing in them to kill the unfortunate victims was a horrible concept. Then it all seemed to escalate and made even worse with the idea that the creature comes back for grieving relatives' tears!!! Just downright creepy!!!

When he was trying to force that woman's eyes open was truly horrible, you just couldn't help shouting for help to arrive quickly!!

As soon as Nick was infected I was thinking straight away about the way they would find the cure. The fact that the worms had barbs that anchored them in the eyes that prevented surgical removal made the whole thing even more cringe worthy! Oh boy, what a cure, scooping the bug's eye out with a spoon and mashing it into a paste to put on the affected person's eyes!

One of the most horribly riveting episodes as far as horrific things happening to people I've seen since early 'Fringe' episodes!

Nick's new hyper hearing sense was great to watch as it compensated for his loss of sight, love the idea that a Grimm has all these skills that allow them to adjust to various situations. It reminded me a bit of a the hero in a show called 'The Sentinel' where he had super developed senses too.

The 'homage' to the Star Wars scene with blindfolded Luke and 'using the force' was great, the messy melons were more fun than the boring flying ball thingy!!!

The way Juliette's memories are coming back are done in a really intriguing way. Love the idea of that hole out of which are going to come all the weird things she'd seen and tried not to believe. The ghostly image getting clearer as the memory came back, nice touch.
        Last edited by Krisz; 31 March 2013, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X