No announcement yet.

Helix (Ron Moore) - speculation/discussion/spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still enjoying Helix. I thought the latest episode(6) was really good. I like how they are slowly revealing things.
    Spoiler:
    I wasn't a fan of Alan sleeping with Sarah though.
    sigpic

Comment

Nah bit of an odd one given the last time she sucked his face she was off her face, can't say I blame him tho, cold arctic weather, gotta keep warm somehow...

Comment

Originally posted by 12OzMouse View Post
        I'm watching now purely out of curiosity to see what they do with it.
        same here. It is just interesting enough to keep me watching every week, but I can't say I am "hooked" on it.
        sigpic

Comment

I like the show, there's something about it that has managed to draw me into it. I´m definitely curious about the "grey eyes" and want to know more about them.

Comment

I'm not hugely taken by it so far, its lacking something but not sure what, I cant see much direction yet...

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
              I like the show, there's something about it that has managed to draw me into it. I´m definitely curious about the "grey eyes" and want to know more about them.
              ^Same here.
              sigpic

Comment

As I was watching Friday night's episode it occurred to me that there were probably other folks here on GW who were watching the show. I've got to go back and catch up on all the pages on conversation, but I had to at least drop in and post (to subscribe) and point out that I thought this week's ep was probably one of the better ones. It seemed to answer some questions (finally) and start asking some incredibly intriguing ones.

The whole grey eye thing has me swimming. All this time I was thinking…
                Spoiler:
                this was a search for a cancer cure gone wrong. Clearly, that's not the case.
                Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

At this point we dont know how Sci-Fi its going to go, are they aliens, are they genetically enhanced humans or what, theres no telling at this point...

Comment

(Most) Quotes snipped…

Originally posted by boo1234 View Post
                    I can't see how they can stretch this series out very long while isolated at the research facility unless they manage to break containment and go global.
                    Originally posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
                    Are they planning on making more of this show or is it just this one season? I just can't see how they would drag this premise out over more then [sic] one season...
                    I’ve been thinking about this a lot, lately. It made me wonder…are we going to follow the CDC folks as they work on another possible outbreak next season or do we stay with Arctic Biosystems (if they make it through all this or… (spoilered for most recent episode)

Spoiler:

Will we now be following Ilaria Corporation? Because there’s no way (I can see) that this “in a bubble” thing works for more than one season – especially not with the rapid progression of storytelling.

Originally posted by MasySyma View Post
                    Most of the characters are flat or annoying, and I am so tired of love triangles, especially one in the pilot.
                    I’m finding the romance angle to be contrived. There’s no chemistry between Alan and Sarah (in my opinion) and it’s clear she’s got some sort of hero worship/infatuation going on that… (spoilered for most recent episode)

Spoiler:

And even more so now that they’ve slept together. I mean, he clearly wanted to address potential emotional issues and she blew it off thinking he either wanted or expected that but she missed a valuable opportunity to have an adult moment. Just proof positive that she’s too young and it wouldn’t have worked with Alan anyway.

The almost-catty relationship between Julia and Sarah is tired, too, IMHO. They’re really no competition for one another especially considering it’s now clear… (spoilered for most recent episode)

Spoiler:

That Julia’s feelings run much deeper for Peter than they do for Alan thanks to her hallucinations.

Originally posted by boo1234 View Post
                    I liked the 3rd episode that they streamed on syfy (episode 1 and 2 were the premier) much better than the series premier. My big gripe with the show is that I don't feel any connection with any of the characters except maybe the fat blonde one. The rest of the characters are just kind of blah. And, I can't see how they can stretch this series out very long while isolated at the research facility unless they manage to break containment and go global. The opening theme song is a little weird and seems out of character for the tone of the show.
                    Originally posted by psl1 View Post
                    With the glow in the dark eyes of the base director in the first episode; I thought it was a dead give away that this so called 'unknown contagion' is of alien origin and not so unknown by some.......
                    I’d either forgotten about this detail or I didn’t see it (I didn’t watch the pilot on tenderhooks) so it came as a great surprise when… (spoilered for most recent episode)

Spoiler:

Constance shows up and is glowy. And then Julia is glowy.

But I like the convention and I think it’s now and interesting way to tell infected from survivors(?).

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                    She been inject with a huge dose of a unknown substance and she has dozens of infected rats crawling over her, whole an a massive shelf chuck on top of her. I very much doubt she going to turn to be alive.
                    I think Balleseros actually injected her with air and caused an embolism.

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
                    I'm trying to like the show since I want good sci-fi on TV, but the science (and science protocols) is horrible - like the microscopy (you can maybe see viruses using an electron microscope if you're very, very lucky), the test for the "infected," etc. If you want to make things more accurate, talk to a graduate science student and run things by them (trust me we'll work for cheap).
                    This is actually one of my biggest gripes about the show. I love sci-fi but, for me, it’s way more fun if the science is at least accurate enough that you’re not thrown out of the story line. I mean, hell, I’ve got college bio for non-majors (even if my dad is an immune-parasitologist) and even I cringe at some of the boneheadedly stupid science stuff.

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                    They spend more time chit chatting than actually working on understanding the virus.
                    Honestly, I feel like I do the same thing. I feel like I’ve missed a lot because I don’t find the show terribly gripping and am, therefore, more likely to walk into the kitchen when we’re not on commercial break or play Temple Run on my phone while I’m supposed to be paying attention to what’s happening and why. So if I ask a stupid question, a little slack, please.

Originally posted by 12OzMouse View Post
                    I could love a well made sci-fi show that was short on special effects but was strong in writing and content. It's just that so far, this topic, that Helix is based on, has been used 6 ways till Sunday and viewers are still waiting for something different to happen.
                    This is a side-note unrelated to the show. But I’m a film student and am in the process of developing a science fiction series for television. One of the perks of my classes was that they sent our pilot scripts to pro Hollywood readers. My show is heavy on science (physics, specifically) and on the politics of what is happening in the world at the time (more, cerebral, if you will). The top comment I got back was about needing a romantic interest for the main character (who appears at 70 years old for just that episode). We couldn’t even get him back to the present time and 40 years old to start plotting who might be the UST person for him. C’mon!!! So frustrating.

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
                    Third, if you're going for a complex story with a lot of arcs, you need to give the viewers more - a few more hints here and there - I think Lost did this well for the most part and currently Person of Interest manages to do this.
                    Thank goodness – I thought it was just me! I find this show difficult to follow because there are always so many more questions raised than are answered. I might care more about the answers to the new questions if the old ones are getting resolved…
                    Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Looks like channel 5 has given up on this in the UK. It's been moved from 10pm to midnight tonight and it looks like it's not on next week.

Edit.
                      It was just announced, it returns later in the year on 5*, not good.
                      Last edited by Dumper; 17 February 2014, 03:55 PM.

Comment

It must be doing really badly if it's being moved to 5*. That's Channel 5's death channel.
                        sigpic

Comment

Bet my series link for that wont work then lol

Comment

Originally posted by Dumper View Post
                            Looks like channel 5 has given up on this in the UK. It's been moved from 10pm to midnight tonight and it looks like it's not on next week.

Edit.
                            It was just announced, it returns later in the year on 5*, not good.
                            Not surprise, it was hardly advertise, and then stick it on at 10, and then no promotion whatsoever. Only they got something unique plan for the silver eyes people and not just some seen all before plot.

Comment

Resistance is futile
                              Last Movie Watched
                              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                              Life is Strange

Comment

Suit's arent as tight as they used to be, and she doesnt seem as tall... lol

Comment

Working...
                                X