No announcement yet.

Helix (Ron Moore) - speculation/discussion/spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked the 3rd episode that they streamed on syfy (episode 1 and 2 were the premier) much better than the series premier. My big gripe with the show is that I don't feel any connection with any of the characters except maybe the fat blonde one. The rest of the characters are just kind of blah. And, I can't see how they can stretch this series out very long while isolated at the research facility unless they manage to break containment and go global. The opening theme song is a little weird and seems out of character for the tone of the show.

Comment

I really enjoyed the show so far im lookin forward to watching next weeks episode
      sigpic
      Kenton Canada

Comment

I watched the first two and then was real surprised to see that SyFy released the 3rd already. So far, ho-hum. I'm sure Ron Moore has a way to make this all interesting. With a 13 episode order and the first 3 already burnt, something needs to happen soon, I would think. I'll keep watching just to see...

Comment

I watched the first three episodes and I like it so far.
          sigpic

Comment

I found it interesting.

I only have seen the season premier. I am not watching it on-line at them moment.

Spoiler:
            Does anyone else think that humans are being experimented on by aliens. I think the government thinks they are in control of the project but I sense that maybe someone else/alien might be running the show.
            sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

The show hasn't hooked me yet but it was interesting enough to make me give it another episode or two.

Are they planning on making more of this show or is it just this one season? I just can't see how they would drag this premise out over more then one season...

Comment

I'm not hooked yet either. Most of the characters are flat or annoying, and I am so tired of love triangles, especially one in the pilot.

I'll try a few more episodes, but if they are trying to remake Outbreak as a thirteen hour show, I won't stick around.

That and some of the details are bad. Their arctic was not cold enough. People are strolling out for "mysterious" calls with just a coat. Ugh.
                "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

I guess I'll be disappointed if this ends up as poor as it started. Ron Moore is one of my favorite writers for TV. It does rather amuse me that because he likes the interaction of people in a confined environment he choose this theme to showcase it. I mean, a couple good sized bombs, problem solved. I'll keep watching because I have to believe that SyFy wouldn't have bit on this show based on what we've seen. Because, this can't be all there is, can it?

Sure hope not.

Comment

Just watched the third episode today it was great. So far I really like the show. There must be a few surprises coming i agree more needs to happen. I have faith
                    sigpic
                    Kenton Canada

Comment

Reminds of that short lived series Starring Carla Guino(sp) and Brent Spiner.

The series was called Threshold.
                      Last edited by Bladed; 15 January 2014, 07:25 PM. Reason: addendum

Comment

I kinda wish i didnt watch episode three allready now im gonna have two wait till the 24th for more. the last episode really got me into it
                        sigpic
                        Kenton Canada

Comment

Looking forward to watching it, it's going to start on British TV in a few days.
                          sigpic

Comment

I just read a little thing this afternoon about the amount of time that elapses during this first series. It added to my opinion that this would have made a better mini-series than a regular show. They could have always gone to series if it was successful, of which I have my doubts.

Someone above also mentioned the love triangle, you'll be happy to know that they originally had plans to kill off one of the points of the triangle, early in the show. However, having the triangle gave them more material to play with. Think so? Geesh.... like we all don't know how that will work out.

A couple other things, but since I can't recall how to put the spoiler tags on, I better leave it be or else face the wrath of the board.

Anyway, I'm still baffled as to why they would put the 3rd ep on line after the first two aired. Now this week will be a blank for all those who took advantage. For a show like this, seems like a foolish move.

Comment

Originally posted by 12OzMouse View Post
                              I just read a little thing this afternoon about the amount of time that elapses during this first series. It added to my opinion that this would have made a better mini-series than a regular show. They could have always gone to series if it was successful, of which I have my doubts.

Someone above also mentioned the love triangle, you'll be happy to know that they originally had plans to kill off one of the points of the triangle, early in the show. However, having the triangle gave them more material to play with. Think so? Geesh.... like we all don't know how that will work out.

A couple other things, but since I can't recall how to put the spoiler tags on, I better leave it be or else face the wrath of the board.

Anyway, I'm still baffled as to why they would put the 3rd ep on line after the first two aired. Now this week will be a blank for all those who took advantage. For a show like this, seems like a foolish move.
                              That bad, there central story idea was so weak they needed to fill it out with a love story. Ron Moor is a good writer, but he yet to prove he a good show creator, his inability to do long term planning will stop from ever being a good show creator. I haven't seen Helix yet so I hoping I am proven wrong.

you add spoilers by adding [] brackets around the word spoiler, [/spoiler22] without the 22

Comment

Originally posted by 12OzMouse View Post
                                I guess I'll be disappointed if this ends up as poor as it started. Ron Moore is one of my favorite writers for TV. It does rather amuse me that because he likes the interaction of people in a confined environment he choose this theme to showcase it. I mean, a couple good sized bombs, problem solved. I'll keep watching because I have to believe that SyFy wouldn't have bit on this show based on what we've seen. Because, this can't be all there is, can it?

Sure hope not.
                                Given that Syfy is desperate for new, cheap to produce shows, I wouldn't be surprise if they commission this base on Ron Moor name only and rush it into production, it look to me like it came out of no where.

Comment

Working...
                                X