Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just watched the 5th episode it's getting better

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
    I really liked the latest episode(5?). I find Sarah(the young blond doctor) really annoying though.
    Yeah it's episode 5, and yeah i don't like her i did @first but like you i just find her really annoying now
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
      Just watched the 5th episode it's getting better

Yeah it's episode 5, and yeah i don't like her i did @first but like you i just find her really annoying now
      I was actually kind of hoping that
      Spoiler:
      the infected person she was hiding in her room would kill her.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
        I was actually kind of hoping that
        Spoiler:
        the infected person she was hiding in her room would kill her.
        You're not the only one. Why did the vet have to die and she get to live.

Another boring episode. They spend more time chit chatting than actually working on understanding the virus.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
          You're not the only one. Why did the vet have to die and she get to live.
          She did some pretty stupid things too, but she had a way better personality than Sarah does(imo), and wish she hadn't been killed. It does seem unfair that Sarah gets to live.

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
          Another boring episode. They spend more time chit chatting than actually working on understanding the virus.
          Spoiler:
          I was fine with Alan trying to figure out what happened to Doreen. It would've been weird if he had just ignored that and continued working on the virus. I liked the stuff with Julia and Hatake, and the stuff with Balleseros and Hatake's security guy was interesting to me too. Hvitt(sp?) probably has something to do with the virus and with what is going on, and I'm interested in seeing how that fits in. Sarah was the only thing I had a problem with in the latest episode.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
            I guess producing a great series like BSG gains some major faith in your work from network execs.
            BSG, did well.
            Caprica, cancelled.
            Blood & Chrome, well, that went well too..

So thats 1 out of 3....

I have been watching it though, looks good so far but only a few episodes in, I feel direct because its SyFy and I've not watched anything on SyFy since they cancelled everything I watched, then theres also the its on SyFy, no point getting into it as they'll just cancel it train of thought...

Comment

Originally posted by 12OzMouse View Post
              Anyway, I'm still baffled as to why they would put the 3rd ep on line after the first two aired. Now this week will be a blank for all those who took advantage. For a show like this, seems like a foolish move.
              SyFy in foolish move shocker...

Oooh no, wait a second...

Comment

These days I just treat 'Helix' as the alternative channel I click on , when commercials are on the main show I'm watching.
                SGU. Best Sci-fi show to come along in decades.

Comment

I read a couple interviews this week with Ron Moore. I guess the purpose of them was to give him the opportunity to vent about today's sci-fi fans who apparently aren't able to enjoy a more cerebral type show. I think he was attempting to say that Helix is over our heads. Not his words, mine.

I said earlier that I imagine the comparative cost to make Helix is relatively low. So, they spent big bucks on Defiance and it hasn't preformed up to their expectations and now they are showing a "cerebral" type show and it's not breaking any records, either. Wonder who's going to take the blame?

After hearing that I did attempt to watch the last episode with the idea that maybe I was missing something. It sounds petty, but I can't get past the guy who was Jordon in the 4400. When I'm watching, that's all I can see. I could love a well made sci-fi show that was short on special effects but was strong in writing and content. It's just that so far, this topic, that Helix is based on, has been used 6 ways till Sunday and viewers are still waiting for something different to happen.

Maybe I've just watched too much tv?

Comment

Originally posted by 12OzMouse View Post
                    I read a couple interviews this week with Ron Moore. I guess the purpose of them was to give him the opportunity to vent about today's sci-fi fans who apparently aren't able to enjoy a more cerebral type show. I think he was attempting to say that Helix is over our heads. Not his words, mine.

I am all for cerebral. I am not down with dumb.

Comment

If I hadn't already quit on Helix I would have on RDM's comment. Insulting your viewers is never a good idea.
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

If Moore wanted a cerebral show, he could start with getting the science right - I may be in the tiny minority, but as a biologist, technobabble is part of my everyday life and it's painful when they get things wrong. Second, give me characters to care about - the one character I liked (Doreen) is dead. I'm not sure I really care about any of the others. Third, if you're going for a complex story with a lot of arcs, you need to give the viewers more - a few more hints here and there - I think Lost did this well for the most part and currently Person of Interest manages to do this. Lastly, if you're writing a dark story, you still need some moments of joy and/or humor - it can't be "we're all going to die" all the time.
                        sigpic

Comment

I agree. One thing I noticed is that he seemed to be complaining about the content audiences have been trained to enjoy. I found this odd as he's been a big part of sci-fi content over the past 15 years and done a pretty good job with it as far as I'm concerned.

The latest episode was a bit better, but the way they've presented this story so far has probably cost them a lot of viewers. Your right, if your going to do a sci-fi show with minimal effects, you better at least get your science right.

The way SyFy has put him out there as the face of the show really hasn't done him any favors. I think he's realizing that now. Of course, I'm sure he's really both sold and proud of this show. I think that they are finally widening the core story but they should have done it earlier. Who knows? By the time this season is over it maybe really interesting. I still go back to the main theme. It's been done repeatedly and the time when they should have shown what makes this one different has come and gone.

I'm watching now purely out of curiosity to see what they do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
                            If Moore wanted a cerebral show, he could start with getting the science right - I may be in the tiny minority, but as a biologist, technobabble is part of my everyday life and it's painful when they get things.
                            I would of though getting someone is as a technical consultant would of been an obvious one tbh, I'm not an artic explorer but standing outside with no face mask on having a conversation would of been a no go...

Comment

I missed the last 2 episodes, but I'm not to upset about it...maybe that's a sign?

Comment

I've watched the first 5 episodes and I can't say that it's grabbing me, although this episode was slightly better than the others.
                                They killed off the only character I liked
                                Spoiler:
                                Doreen
                                and I find the rest of the characters to be annoying.

I'll probably continue watching just to see where it's leading to, but I won't worry too much if I happen to miss an episode.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X