Helix (Ron Moore) - speculation/discussion/spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helix (Ron Moore) - speculation/discussion/spoilers

I searched the forum and couldn't find a thread on this. If there is please merge

The show is called Helix. SyFy has given a straight to series order bypassing the pilot stage. I guess producing a great series like BSG gains some major faith in your work from network execs.

The cable network announced Thursday that it has given a straight-to-series order to Ron Moore's drama Helix.

The 13-episode series, which bypassed the pilot stage, is described as a thriller about a team of scientists from the Centers for Disease Control who travel to a high-tech research facility in the Arctic to investigate a possible disease outbreak. There, they find themselves in a terrifying life-and-death struggle that holds the key to mankind's salvation or total annihilation.

Moore (Battlestar Galactica) will executive produce the drama alongside Lynda Obst (Contact), Steven Maeda (Lost, The X-Files) and Cameron Porsandeh, who penned the pilot of the Sony Pictures Television entry.
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...x-lands-426775

This is airing on SyFy, but the description makes it seems like this will just be a drama. Not sure what Sci-Fi elements, if any, will be part of the show. Remains to be seen.
    sigpic

One rumor I heard was that there would be zombies.

Comment

Anything is better than another reality show.
      sigpic

Comment

I like Zombies so I wouldn't mind. I'll try anything of Ron Moore's anyway. Even reality if it's good like Face Off.
        Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Wasn't to clean on his last attempt at a new tv Virtuality. And BSG steadily got worse throughout it run.

The plot doesn't sound wholly original either. I think their are a lot better and more original ideas out there waiting to get made.

If Syfy wants it own Walking Dead, it could do no worse than just import Utopia, I am sure it will find an audience a huge audience the US, at least it should and it ten times better than anything Ron Moore is likely to come up with.
          Last edited by knowles2; 28 November 2013, 01:33 AM.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Looks interesting, will definitely give this series a chance.

Comment

It looks very interesting, I'm really looking forward to it.
                  sigpic

Comment

Trailer looks good, I'll atleast give it a try
                    Last Movie Watched
                    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                    Life is Strange

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Might have to give this a try when it comes to TV.
                        sigpic

Comment

The first fifteen minutes of Helix is available to watch on Youtube.

The show premiers in one week.

Edit: Nevermind, guess they took it down. Weird, cause it was put up by SyFy in the first place.
                          Last edited by Gen. Chris; 03 January 2014, 02:00 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

I'll probably give this show a shot, mostly because not much else is on at the moment. I'm a little curious, but nothing about the show really pulls me in that much. I'm hoping maybe the show has something original that will make it interesting, instead of just another disease\genetic engineering process that turns people in some sort of zombies.
                            sigpic

Comment

Great, they steal my name, maybe I should sue them?
                              At least I hope the show is good, otherwise I have to change it.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X