Do you still watch TV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you still watch TV?

Discounting movies, do you still watch TV? For me, there hasn't been anything of interest since Stargate: Atlantis went off the air in January, 2009. I'm watching Stargate: Universe on Netflix and may get around to watching the back half of Sanctuary. All of the shows on TV now, they're just boring. I just leave my TV on TBN (Trinity Broadcast Network). Does anyone watch this channel?

I have to admit to not hearing about TBN (Trinity Broadcast Network). I am not sure if they broadcast here in the UK.

But I do still watch TV. As I have a wide range of other interests other than Sci-Fi.
    I have a lot of my favourite shows on DVD.
    "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
    Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
    Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
    Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
    I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
    To thy own self... Be true
    May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

What I'm currently watching or will soon be watching:

Psych
      The Following
      Vikings
      Spartacus
      The Walking Dead
      Justified

Soon:
      Game of Thrones
      Continuum
      Defiance
      Da Vinci 's Demons

Of course some of them are on at inconvenient times so I have to watch them at other times.

Anyway, I also watch other shows but I am waiting until DVD or Netflix has the newest season cause I fell behind.

I also planned on watching The Americans but I fell behind immediately but I will catch up once I have the time.

So yes, I would say I am a fairly active watcher. Certainly more so now than I was the past couple of years when there was hardly anything on.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
        Discounting movies, do you still watch TV?
        Not, really, no. On occasion if I have a free moment and I'm passing a TV I might sit down to watch an episode of the Simpsons or Futurama or Top Gear, but overall my time is taken up by working, writing, studying and about a billion hobbies. Now I mostly just wait until somebody recommends me a good show and buy the DVD box set to watch at my leisure.

I just leave my TV on TBN (Trinity Broadcast Network). Does anyone watch this channel?
        Never heard of it.
        Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Comment

currently:

Grimm!
          worst cooks in america (when i have time to watch).
          various things on netflix (but they keep getting rite of the good shows).

other then that I don't really have time for anything else. This summer I'll watch Teen wolf.
          sigpic

Comment

I like a lot of different type shows, so although I miss Stargate, there are still a lot of good shows out there. Right now I'm watching Southland, Castle, Once Upon a Time, H50, NCIS, Elementary, New Girl and a few things on Netflix. Really can't wait for Doctor Who to start back up at the end of the month.
            sigpic

Comment

Not really. The main reason is having a three year old in the house, so there's not much time. Of course, ours isn't averse to being left in one room watching something on his DVDs (which we have seen before) while we watch one of our shows in another room. Of course, this means plenty of interruptions, so we watch DVDs or shows on DVR. Much less hassle with the inevitable interruptions that way.

Currently we're watching Andromeda and Miami Vice on DVD.
              sigpic

Comment

I watch a lot of tv, there's plenty of good shows out there, though there is a painful shortage of good sci-fi shows.

Comment

Yes. But then I watch a wide variety of shows. My tv package includes HBO and AMC. Watch a bit from those and PBS airs a lot of good British shows I like. Also Canada's Space brings in some interesting fair. I do have a PVR so record most things. There's 4 in my house hold so the youngest is 8. I like to banish her upstairs to watch her Disney XD channel! She doesn't record as much.
                  Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Yes.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
                      I have to admit to not hearing about TBN (Trinity Broadcast Network). I am not sure if they broadcast here in the UK.
                      They broadcast across the entire world, it's one of their missions to reach as many people as possible.

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
                      I have a lot of my favourite shows on DVD.
                      I do too, but I guess I meant current programming.

Comment

I mostly watch current shows streaming on my computer.
                        sigpic
                        Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

I still watch quite a bit on TV. Like,

SG1
                          The Following
                          Being Human (UK)
                          The Walking Dead
                          Arrow
                          Football (Soccer)
                          Vampire Diaries
                          666 Park Avenue

Just to name a few.
                          @W00DBINE

Comment

There are still some shows that I watch, but I really miss a good SciFi show since SGA and SGU went of the air. Everything else seems to be Fantasy or Crime now.

What I currently watch is reruns of Star Trek, DS9, Classic and Voyager. Still love it.

What else:
                            - Merlin and sometimes OUAT (I think some of the special effects are very crappy on OUAT)
                            - Game Of Thrones (but it´s to brutal for my taste, show would be better without the over boarding violence)
                            - Simpsons & Futurama

What I really hate is the violence trend in TV in general, and in the moment there is nothing on TV I really root for like it used to be with Stargate, House or Lost.
                            sigpic

Comment

There are still some shows that I watch, but I really miss a good SciFi show since SGA and SGU went of the air. Everything else seems to be Fantasy or Crime now.

What I currently watch is reruns of Star Trek, DS9, Classic and Voyager. Still love it.

What else:
                              - Merlin and sometimes OUAT (I think some of the special effects are very crappy on OUAT)
                              - Game Of Thrones (but it´s to brutal for my taste, show would be better without the over boarding violence)
                              - Simpsons & Futurama

What I really hate is the violence trend in TV in general, and in the moment there is nothing on TV I really root for like it used to be with Stargate, House or Lost.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X