Fanfic Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fanfic Recommendations

As I was asked now several times for "good" Fanfics for Grimm I think it's time we get a thread about it started. NOTE FOR FANFIC-WRITERS: This thread is NOT about advertising your own works! For that we have the fanfic/-art-thread. This is for spreading the word about fanfics you like/love to read.

Okay, I think I will start with some of my favs:

The Extraordinary Footnotes of Grimm Burkhardt by Selim
    It's Slash, I know. It was one of the first fanfics I read about Grimm and seriously one of the ones which still have an effect on my own fics. The fic isn't going too far, in fact, I would put it more into the "Pre-Slash" folder as it's mostly up to the reader how far he/she sees this relationship between Nick and Monroe is going. And I think, Selim hit the humour of the show perfectly! Set in season 1 there's the mistake we all did about thinking to become a Grimm would mean another Grimm has to die, that's true.

Reversing the Grimm-Guide by Witchy Witch 2.0
    Nick/Monroe/Rosalee Friendship, slide Monrosalee. This one is soo good (in my eyes), the first time I read it I bursted into tears because I felt with Monroe and how he's exploring the Grimm and this is also changing his view on Nick. I really love how Monroe and Rosalee come together to avoid Nick slipping into complete Grimm. The only remark I, as Nick-fan, have is that Nick, when he's there, is very, and I mean VERY, reckless and innocent. As much as I compare the friendship Nick/Monroe with McShep, Nick is an intelligent guy himself.

The Grimm-Grimmoire by Little Bounce
    Seriously, I better should post her complete Grimm-work because I ADORE Little Bounce's style and humour, the lightheartness she's bringing into her stories. I decided to advertise this one because ... this thing is so damned silly and crazy, you cannot stop laughing. The Grimmoire-storys are all finished oneshots, but, truly, for some of them it would be better to know one or two other fanfics of Little Bounce as she's writing her own universe with her own characters interacting with the known Grimm-crew. But IF you really want to read really good fics, there's no way to avoid Little Bounce!

In his Eyes by DreamsofSpike
    Could be misread as slash - or as gen, depends on, but I love this little Oneshot to pieces.

Definetely a Beer-Conversation by Mystikwriter
    And with this the secret of the title of one of my fics is solved . Seriously, I love those conversations between Nick and Monroe. Write something about them is the best way to end up in my favs. And this conversation was ... for me only heartbreaking.

Nick's stuck in a well by Selim
    Definetely Slash - but great humour! And, seriously, you can read this one as mostly friendship - just let the last chapter alone.

The Matter of Opinion by DesertOrchid7485 aka m,m&m317
    I'm definetely not slashing Nick with Renard but this ficlet is cute and I truly love it

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
    Sig & Avi by Josi
    sigpic
    LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
    I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

oh, I love this thread

will add some of my favourites as soon as I have a little more time at disposal
    Grimm returns October 24
    sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
    Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

okay, I tried to have a look a the fanfictions I really liked and I made a little list

by Little Bounce
      1. The Eisbaby Cometh
      2. The Fundraiser
      3. Inheritance
      4. United Federation of Rare Species
      I am with Hyn on her comment about Little Bounce's work and I think it should be posted in full. Read these stories in the order I posted them. I love her Grimm-Universe. There is another work, but it is not yet complete, so I did not post it (yet).

Change of Atmosphere by D Squirrel
      What if Marie Kessler never made it to Portland and therefore never informed Nick about his inheritance and he had to learn it the hard way? Very nice alternate Grimm Universe. (D Squirrel is now working on a sequel which isn't yet finished)

No, Really by D Squirrel
      Hank has just learnt about Wesen and has a question regarding another co-worker - nice short fic

Under the Force by Hyndara71
      What if Juliette had left the house instead of attacking Stark with the boiling water? read only if you're prepared for massive Nick whump and torture. (normally I wouldn't include not completed fictions, but this one exists already in German and Hyn is translating it to English - as I have already read the German version, I am very confident to post it already).

Don't Turn the Lights Out on Us by Nahaliel
      Nick whump. Juliette gets her memory back, but will she lose Nick for good?

Wreckage by Nahaliel
      based on the promo for 2.13 - very intense short fic about Juliette, a gun and Nick; I loved it

Throw Away the Key by LaylaBinx
      This is one of my all time favourite fics, which I can read, and re-read and re-re-read.
      Nick has to shoot Angelina and she dies. Monroe's reaction is very intense and their friendship seems forever broken. What happens when Nick is being kidnapped? rather massive Nick whump

Making Amends by meridian-rose
      short fic; Monroe spends the night in jail and emerges a little roughed up, sending Nick on a guilt trip

(just as general information: I am in for friendship/bromance fics, but not slash; so I did not consider those for my list).
      Grimm returns October 24
      sigpic

Comment

I thought you would . And after all the GW-work about SG-fics I thought this should be our little place of joy .
        Interesting, you have one on your list I'ven't read yet. Great!

Sig & Avi by Josi
        sigpic
        LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)

Comment

Which one was new for you?
          Grimm returns October 24
          sigpic

Comment

Throw away the key that one ... I even didn't recognized the title. Completely missed it

Sig & Avi by Josi
            sigpic

Comment

^ I am sure you'll like it - just tell me what you think of it when you've read it

I just remembered another one, a really silly one, but I liked it

Nick takes over Marie's Facebook
              Nick takes over Marie's Facebook after her death and haunts random people

scroll down, there are several ones

or also this one:

The "Let's Keep Nick Alive" club - Membership Optional
              The creatures Nick has saved and some others are protective of Nick and form an unofficial club to try to keep the baby Grimm alive.
              Last edited by mi_guard; 10 March 2013, 03:09 PM.
              Grimm returns October 24
              sigpic

Comment

and here one which just has been completed

Change in Atmosphere, part 2

this is the sequel to the earlier fic I mentioned by D Squirrel
                very good fic in an alternate universe, where Marie never came to Portland and Nick had to learn everything by himself resp. through wesen
                Grimm returns October 24
                sigpic

Comment

I've always had an issue with how perfect Nick (and Juliette) are on television. The only time I've seen Nick being truly "human" was when he was under the influence of the Musai. So I was all *SQUEE!* when I found him in a catatonic state on this fanfic: http://archiveofourown.org/works/829...full_work=true

Really enjoyed watching him get depressed and break down there!

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
                  Nick takes over Marie's Facebook
                  Nick takes over Marie's Facebook after her death and haunts random people
                  LMAO.
                  me likes me some sassy: http://twitpic.com/cxe2qe ?

Comment

Working...
                  X