Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27
  1. #1
    Major General LtColCarter's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Mesquite, TX
    Posts
    14,148

    Default "The Island" speculation

    We all know what the end result is of Oliver's years on the island. And we're slowly seeing bits and pieces. However, the full puzzle isn't put together. What do you think happened to Oliver on the island?

  2. #2
    Playmaker VampyreWraith's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    12,756

    Default Re: "The Island" speculation

    He might have been forced to join/work for those other people on the island.

  3. #3
    Major General LtColCarter's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Mesquite, TX
    Posts
    14,148

    Default Re: "The Island" speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by VampyreWraith View Post
    He might have been forced to join/work for those other people on the island.
    That could be a possibility, but when he was with those people before...he was beaten and kept as a prisoner. So, IDK.

  4. #4
    Playmaker VampyreWraith's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    12,756

    Default Re: "The Island" speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by LtColCarter View Post
    That could be a possibility, but when he was with those people before...he was beaten and kept as a prisoner. So, IDK.
    True, there could be a leadership change though(if Fyers(sp?) or his boss gets killed, maybe by Slade), or I since Fyers takes orders from someone else(I think that was mentioned in some episode) maybe whoever that is decides they could use Oliver after all(after some additional torture/training).

  5. #5
    Captain
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,440

    Default Re: "The Island" speculation

    I think Fyers and his crew ups sticks and leaves when their funding get's pulled, leaving just Oliver and the Aussie guy, and maybe the original man who rescued/captured Oliver left.

  6. #6
    Major General LtColCarter's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Mesquite, TX
    Posts
    14,148

    Default Re: "The Island" speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian-S View Post
    I think Fyers and his crew ups sticks and leaves when their funding get's pulled, leaving just Oliver and the Aussie guy, and maybe the original man who rescued/captured Oliver left.
    Possibly...but how did he get turned into the fighting machine that he is now? If I'm remembering correctly, he couldn't even do pull-ups correctly.

  7. #7
    Major General
    Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    13,249

    Default Re: "The Island" speculation

    Several years stranded with nothing else to do but work out/train would generally make one better rather quickly.

  8. #8
    General the fifth man's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.
    Posts
    34,107

    Default Re: "The Island" speculation

    I love how they show little flashes throughout episodes of what happened to Oliver on the island. I hope that is something they stick with in Season 2 as well.

    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

  9. #9
    Major General LtColCarter's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Mesquite, TX
    Posts
    14,148

    Default Re: "The Island" speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    Several years stranded with nothing else to do but work out/train would generally make one better rather quickly.


    Quote Originally Posted by the fifth man View Post
    I love how they show little flashes throughout episodes of what happened to Oliver on the island. I hope that is something they stick with in Season 2 as well.
    I like it too. I like knowing a character's back story. Makes them more endearing.

  10. #10
    Major General
    Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    13,249

    Default Re: "The Island" speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by the fifth man View Post
    I love how they show little flashes throughout episodes of what happened to Oliver on the island. I hope that is something they stick with in Season 2 as well.
    How long do you think they can drag that out though?

  11. #11
    Major General LtColCarter's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Mesquite, TX
    Posts
    14,148

    Default Re: "The Island" speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    How long do you think they can drag that out though?
    He was on the island for 5 years...so...5 seasons! ;-)

  12. #12
    Playmaker VampyreWraith's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    12,756

    Default Re: "The Island" speculation

    He might have been off the island at some point before he was rescued in the first episode. He mentioned being a Bratva(sp?) captain, and it was verified by that guy at the mechanic shop. If he was stranded on the island the whole time, how did he end up involved with the Russian mob(especially if he didn't end up working for Fyers or his boss at some point)? Though, I suppose he could have made another new friend on the island who was involved with the Bratva. If they are going to drag out the flashbacks for more than this season, there has to be more to them, than Oliver, Slade and Yao Fei running around the island, working out/training(IMO).

  13. #13
    Major General LtColCarter's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Mesquite, TX
    Posts
    14,148

    Default Re: "The Island" speculation

    I guess all will be revealed in good time! ;-)

  14. #14
    Major General
    Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    13,249

    Default Re: "The Island" speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by VampyreWraith View Post
    He might have been off the island at some point before he was rescued in the first episode. He mentioned being a Bratva(sp?) captain, and it was verified by that guy at the mechanic shop. If he was stranded on the island the whole time, how did he end up involved with the Russian mob(especially if he didn't end up working for Fyers or his boss at some point)? Though, I suppose he could have made another new friend on the island who was involved with the Bratva. If they are going to drag out the flashbacks for more than this season, there has to be more to them, than Oliver, Slade and Yao Fei running around the island, working out/training(IMO).

    So what.. Did he get off, with the help of the mob, work for them for a while then get stranded back there?

  15. #15
    Playmaker VampyreWraith's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    12,756

    Default Re: "The Island" speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    So what.. Did he get off, with the help of the mob, work for them for a while then get stranded back there?
    I don't know, maybe something like that lol. Maybe he might have been forced to work for them as some sort if payment for their help, and he could have chosen to be "stranded" and "rescued" again once he was done working for them. Or, if for whatever reason, he ended up working for Fyers or his boss(who seem like they have contacts with all kinds of people), he could have developed the mob connections through them. Or maybe could he could have met someone else on the island, who was involved with the Russian mob, who ended up owing him. I don't know lol.

    The island flashbacks are my favorite part of the show so far, I look forward to them, and to finding out what exactly happened to Oliver.

  16. #16
    General the fifth man's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.
    Posts
    34,107

    Default Re: "The Island" speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by LtColCarter View Post
    I guess all will be revealed in good time! ;-)
    Which is just fine with me. I am enjoying the ride thus far.

    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

  17. #17
    Major General LtColCarter's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Mesquite, TX
    Posts
    14,148

    Default Re: "The Island" speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by the fifth man View Post
    Which is just fine with me. I am enjoying the ride thus far.
    As am I! I was doing a Vampire Diaries re-watch last week...and in season 2 and Stephen Amell (Oliver) played a werewolf in an episode or two.

  18. #18
    First Lieutenant
    Member Since
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    882

    Default Re: "The Island" speculation

    I do think, that his rescue was arrange by him given what we have seen so far. If he is going to be rescued it will be public and it will need to be near where the Gambit sunked.

    At some point, he decided to follow through with his Dad's wishes and used his time off the island to arrange a boat to get to the island so he can be "saved".

  19. #19
    Major General LtColCarter's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Mesquite, TX
    Posts
    14,148

    Default Re: "The Island" speculation

    I was just looking at this thread that I'd started back in 2013. I can't believe how much has happened on Arrow so far. Yet, we still have a lot to learn about Oliver!

  20. #20
    First Lieutenant mysterywriter012's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Major Lorne's Room
    Posts
    920

    Default Re: "The Island" speculation

    I'm interested in seeing how he joined the Russian mob!

Similar Threads

  1. "Gilligan's Island" Challenge show on TBS
    By Coco Pops in forum General Television
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: September 4th, 2010, 10:38 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: February 14th, 2010, 11:01 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: January 26th, 2007, 08:35 AM
  4. Replies: 33
    Last Post: December 5th, 2006, 03:22 PM
  5. S10x4 & 5 "Uninvited" & "Counter-Strike" speculation
    By Peoples_General in forum Season Ten
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: May 31st, 2006, 09:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •