"The Island" speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The Island" speculation

We all know what the end result is of Oliver's years on the island. And we're slowly seeing bits and pieces. However, the full puzzle isn't put together. What do you think happened to Oliver on the island?
    sigpic

He might have been forced to join/work for those other people on the island.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
      He might have been forced to join/work for those other people on the island.
      That could be a possibility, but when he was with those people before...he was beaten and kept as a prisoner. So, IDK.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
        That could be a possibility, but when he was with those people before...he was beaten and kept as a prisoner. So, IDK.
        True, there could be a leadership change though(if Fyers(sp?) or his boss gets killed, maybe by Slade), or I since Fyers takes orders from someone else(I think that was mentioned in some episode) maybe whoever that is decides they could use Oliver after all(after some additional torture/training).
        sigpic

Comment

I think Fyers and his crew ups sticks and leaves when their funding get's pulled, leaving just Oliver and the Aussie guy, and maybe the original man who rescued/captured Oliver left.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
            I think Fyers and his crew ups sticks and leaves when their funding get's pulled, leaving just Oliver and the Aussie guy, and maybe the original man who rescued/captured Oliver left.
            Possibly...but how did he get turned into the fighting machine that he is now? If I'm remembering correctly, he couldn't even do pull-ups correctly.
            sigpic

Comment

Several years stranded with nothing else to do but work out/train would generally make one better rather quickly.

Comment

I love how they show little flashes throughout episodes of what happened to Oliver on the island. I hope that is something they stick with in Season 2 as well.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                  Several years stranded with nothing else to do but work out/train would generally make one better rather quickly.

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                  I love how they show little flashes throughout episodes of what happened to Oliver on the island. I hope that is something they stick with in Season 2 as well.
                  I like it too. I like knowing a character's back story. Makes them more endearing.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                    How long do you think they can drag that out though?

Comment

How long do you think they can drag that out though?
                      He was on the island for 5 years...so...5 seasons! ;-)
                      sigpic

Comment

He might have been off the island at some point before he was rescued in the first episode. He mentioned being a Bratva(sp?) captain, and it was verified by that guy at the mechanic shop. If he was stranded on the island the whole time, how did he end up involved with the Russian mob(especially if he didn't end up working for Fyers or his boss at some point)? Though, I suppose he could have made another new friend on the island who was involved with the Bratva. If they are going to drag out the flashbacks for more than this season, there has to be more to them, than Oliver, Slade and Yao Fei running around the island, working out/training(IMO).
                        sigpic

Comment

I guess all will be revealed in good time! ;-)
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                            He might have been off the island at some point before he was rescued in the first episode. He mentioned being a Bratva(sp?) captain, and it was verified by that guy at the mechanic shop. If he was stranded on the island the whole time, how did he end up involved with the Russian mob(especially if he didn't end up working for Fyers or his boss at some point)? Though, I suppose he could have made another new friend on the island who was involved with the Bratva. If they are going to drag out the flashbacks for more than this season, there has to be more to them, than Oliver, Slade and Yao Fei running around the island, working out/training(IMO).

So what.. Did he get off, with the help of the mob, work for them for a while then get stranded back there?

Comment

So what.. Did he get off, with the help of the mob, work for them for a while then get stranded back there?
                              I don't know, maybe something like that lol. Maybe he might have been forced to work for them as some sort if payment for their help, and he could have chosen to be "stranded" and "rescued" again once he was done working for them. Or, if for whatever reason, he ended up working for Fyers or his boss(who seem like they have contacts with all kinds of people), he could have developed the mob connections through them. Or maybe could he could have met someone else on the island, who was involved with the Russian mob, who ended up owing him. I don't know lol.

The island flashbacks are my favorite part of the show so far, I look forward to them, and to finding out what exactly happened to Oliver.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X