• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Face Off (213)

GRIMM - SEASON TWO
    FACE OFF
    EPISODE NUMBER - 213
    While struggling to process the truth about Juliette and Renard, Nick is called to investigate his own crime. Elsewhere, Renard finds Nick's trailer and forms a new alliance; Monroe tells Nick that he can help with Juliette; and Wu responds to a shooting at Nick's house. (TV Guide)

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>

I am first? OK, no problem

What an episode! I need to rewatch it again to get everything but I loved every minute of it and I am just sorry it wasn´t longer.

I think it went exactly how I wanted - Nick finding out (the assumption of some of us that Renard, after all, works with the resistence, was true), and creating an alliance with Renard was a visible outcome but I think Nick will have a lot of trouble to trust him.
    But the end in the spice shop was great, hilarius ("That´s not it....yes, that´s it." ) and I hope they will finally explain to Juliette what´s going on. I just hope she and Nick won´t get back together again (or anytime soon) because Nick living with Monroe has too many possibilites to just give it up I loved how Nick made himself home immediately (taking a beer, has his own key).
    I think the "connecting the dots" was a little forced and I think Monroe could have figured it out much sooner but I guess that´s what creating the tension in the show.
    Monroe nervous about Rosalee while she took the definitive step of kissing him was cute. They are great together.

Nick´s face when he saw Renard walking to Juliette was full of anger, pain and disappointment. Another nice acting from David.

The "love scene" didn´t go as planned and I was like: "WTF" But it was great and very well done. I am glad they didn´t go too far with that, because I think it would be very bad for Juliette to actually be forced to sleep with a man. And it wouldn´t be to pleasant for him either.

Adelind in the end...what can I say? I didn´t see it coming at all and I am not sure what to take from it. The child would probably be a half hexenbiest (or one quarter, depends if she is still considered as one or not) and she could use him or her but it would take some time. I am not sure why would she be so happy about it: Blackmailing Renard later for getting the key? Betraying Nick? It would seem so.
    Anyway, I hope they won´t go a business as usual next time and will go on with the story.

Also - all of them in the spice shop in the end, an awesome scene.

Not much of Hank here and I can imagine Nick has a lots of explaining to do to everyone but he just can´t afford to be so honest to everyone because - his key, or his mother, are secrets that are dangerous for anybody to know.
    Sadly, I didn´t really miss Hank here, which is strange since I loved his involvement. But I think he can´t be much of a help outside the police world.
    We´ll see.

P.S. Nick had the same reaction to the potion as Renard had...I know most people are not "pure of heart" but this looks almost as if Grimms were as bad as Wesen....just sayin´
    Last edited by Klenotka; 09 March 2013, 03:50 AM.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Wow, the second? What happened, fellow-Grimmsters?

Okay, I had (thanks to Divinecoma {{huggles}}) the chance to watch live, I only lost the first ten minutes - which I now have rewatch (besides the whole episode again ).

My thoughts? Great! I loved that ep! I simply loved it! I loved David's acting (my, he really can play complete pissed - uh! I wouldn't have wanted to change places with Sasha at the crime-scene. I loved Sasha and Bitsie and their "sex-scene". It was brutal and absolutely not what I had in mind. And it was so well done from both of them. I felt with them. I loved Rosalee's return and the way she climbed out of the bus only to kiss Monroe immediatly. I truly loved Monroe. Haha, I still have his look in mind when Nick hands this nasty potion over to him. And, I know I'm the minority, I LOVED Adalind! Claire is so damned well in her new role as nastiest baddy ever.

Godness, how frightened she seemed after she was loosened from jail and on that street all alone. And then Renard - hehe, he still can surprise her, that's good . I'm only wondering why it seems so important for her to get pregnant - and I'm wondering that she is still able to see Wesen.

mi_guard, the cabin in the trailer is that cabin in the woods from the Pilot. Very well choosed, TPTB! I loved Nick's flashbacks there when he recognized the place and found that little Hummel-figure. But, sorry, I don't believe Renard that he first learned about Nick when Marie came to town. What happened back in the Pilot was too well planned only to come out of the blue. At least, Renard was responsible for hiring Nick for the precinct, so he always had a look at his personal file. And with that he also knew about Nick's parents and Marie's name also should be written somewhere there.

Loved the episode - and I can't await next Friday night!

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
      Sig & Avi by Josi
      sigpic
      LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
      I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Adalind's baby is gonna cause some trouble in the future... especially if it is a Hexenbiest
        sigpic

Comment

Hyn, I think he didn´t care for Nick because he wasn´t Grimm. If he wanted the key, he probably followed only Marie and then he got in touch with Nick. He obviously knew they were related but I believe he would know if Nick was a Grimm.

I loved how Monroe always tried to cheer Nick up and sounded totally wrong ("the milk your mother used to make"..."at least you know who did it" etc.) I am glad they put them back together. Nick works well with Hank at police basis but he lacks the chemistry he has with Monroe. I don´t want Hank to go anywhere but I am sure they will have to move the show eventually from the weekly procedural to "occasionally" procedural, or just spend less time with murders and involve more mythology into it.

I hope Nick´s mum will return this season.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Renard knew who Nick's mother was and who his aunt was. So on one point it was important for him to have Nick around - to get the key (or to know where it could be). So, Nick was important, Grimm or not. Because Nick tied Marie to Portland at some point. True, Renard couldn't know that Nick would become a Grimm - well, if I'm wrong with my little theory he didn't know, if I'm right he used him from the very first minute Nick stepped into the precinct.

Sig & Avi by Josi
            sigpic
            LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)

Comment

very stupid thought: Adalind wants Sean to be in his Hexenbiest form while they ..... so if she gets pregnant the child would be a hexenbiest? so maybe at least during her being pregnant she will have her powers back??

EDIT: but what if Adalind isn't pregnant of Sean? the scene is taking place in Vienna and there is no time indication. What if she got pregnant of Eric and with this royal child she claims Sean's canton?
              Last edited by mi_guard; 09 March 2013, 12:36 PM.
              Grimm returns October 24
              sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
              Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

why did Renard destroy the print of the key? I would have given back the key but I would have kept the print
                Grimm returns October 24
                sigpic

Comment

and have you noticed Adalind in the end scene? in the bathroom, with a sort of houseshirt (no idea how you really call it) and in HIGH HEELS!!!!????? really? in high heels?
                  Grimm returns October 24
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
                    why did Renard destroy the print of the key? I would have given back the key but I would have kept the print
                    He destroyed the evidence. At that time he wasn't planning to give it back to Nick, so he probably assumed he could just make another print later.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IceIsNice View Post
                      He destroyed the evidence. At that time he wasn't planning to give it back to Nick, so he probably assumed he could just make another print later.
                      I got the feeling he recognized something in the print he made, like he knows where it is pointing so he doesn't have to keep the paper and destroyed it like you said so there wouldn't be evidence.

Comment

Ok, reading these posts I obviously missed something at the end. My DVR cut off just as they showed they were in Vienna.....it sounds like they showed a pregnant Adalind?

Comment

Originally posted by rkgardner2003 View Post
                          Ok, reading these posts I obviously missed something at the end. My DVR cut off just as they showed they were in Vienna.....it sounds like they showed a pregnant Adalind?
                          They showed Adalind holding a pregnancy test with a positive result and a wicked smile on her face.

Comment

Originally posted by Divinecoma View Post
                            They showed Adalind holding a pregnancy test with a positive result and a wicked smile on her face.
                            Oh boy....that can't be good. That actress plays such a good bad guy, she makes my skin crawl.

Comment

Oh yes, she is!

Sig & Avi by Josi
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X