• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrow on the Doorpost (313)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE WALKING DEAD - SEASON THREE
    ARROW ON THE DOORPOST
    EPISODE NUMBER - 313
    Rick meets face-to-face with the Governor to negotiate terms of peace with Woodbury, with Andrea caught in the middle and Merle threatening to destabilize the situation in his desire for revenge.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 13 March 2013, 08:16 PM.

Palpable!

What an episode!!

Wow... Ok... Wow.

Love the pissing contest between Daryl and Henchman A (knew he'd be coming back for a larger chunk of story!), and the comparing of notes between Hershel and Milton. It was particularly interesting watching Daryl and (google...) Caesar (?) coming to the conclusion that sooner or later they would be at war... Kind of chilling, really, yet portrayed in such a casual way.

So let's get to the face off between Rick and the Governor... It was so well handled, in that you never were 100% sure which way things would go... Will Rick lose his cool/mind, leading to a confrontation... Will the Gov use that hidden weapon to catch Rick unawares... My mind wandered for a moment, wondering how border disputes (which ultimately is what this is about) go down in less civilised areas of the world... or indeed, before our modern civilisation, when tribes hammered out boundaries, and then no doubt set out to wipe out their competition... The Governor is coming from such a position of strength... and Rick... the Rick we see sitting there looks so helpless and broken... I just wanted to see him stand up and tell the Gov'nor what for...

Glenn Vs Merle - held his ground, even if he needed help - was nice to see. And wow - a full on sex scene! I know the series has had a few of them (err, mostly with Glenn and Maggie I think!), but this one - I was just waiting for a bullet to go through one of their heads after Oscar's demise the other week...

I'm thinking Rick's crisis is over, with last week's ep, and now so much riding on him... Either that, or it's going to affect him at the worst possible time... It was great seeing him talk to Hershel at the end, clearly in control of his faculties... even if he has a morale decision to make.

Lastly... as the "next week" teaser pointed out, with 3 more episodes to go, and comments earlier regarding the likelihood of the Prison storyline needing more than 1 season... I'm SO wondering whether these 3 remaining eps will see out the story of Woodbury, but continue on with the Prison... or if the Governor's story will continue next year (later this year)...

(Um.... Just don't give me any answers!)
    back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
    "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
    and lots more!

Comment

Such a powerful episode. It was great to see Rick face to face with the Governor. This will be a battle for the ages.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Wonder What Andrea is gonna do now?
        Last Movie Watched
        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
        Life is Strange

Comment

Oh - and I was pleased to see Rick had his stabby arm pretty immobile...
          "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
          and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
            Wonder What Andrea is gonna do now?
            IMO, it is only a matter of time before she returns to Rick and the others.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Yes, I had my doubts about Andrea, but am guessing maybe either dead trying to kill the Governor, or rejoining the gang by end of season... Frankly, I've enjoyed the peace without her being part of the gang...
              and lots more!

Comment

Awesome ep!! and wow what a nail biter between Rick and Governor. I think Andrea will be the tipping point. You'd think the Governor would keep her close and not be so eager to burn his bridges with her, as she could've made an important ally, but alas I think that will lead to his ultimate demise as I do see Andrea double crossing him now. I didn't think she had it in her earlier in the season, but I think lately he's been just too creepy and immoral for her to bear.

I think she will either kill him herself or help kill him or get caught in the cross fire I just don't see her lasting much longer, and I can't say that I will shed many tears for her. She's been all over the map and quite frankly she bugs me.

As for the other people who I see going by the end of this mid season break is Merle of course and possibly someone we love getting seriously injured and that will hang in the balance over the break.

I think the prison/Woodbury story line will continue on through the mid season break.
                Originally posted by jelgate
                This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

Working...
                X