No announcement yet.

Welcome to Storybrooke (217)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In this episode, when Owen runs away to find somebody to help his Dad, and then returns, he can't see Regina standing right in front of him, and I presume the Sheriff's car, as well. Yet 28 years later later, when he returns and crashes his car, supposedly he saw (from a distance past the Storybrooke sign) Rumple about to throw a fireball. What changed in all those years that he could see what was happening even though he was on the outside of the town limit?

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
      In this episode, when Owen runs away to find somebody to help his Dad, and then returns, he can't see Regina standing right in front of him, and I presume the Sheriff's car, as well. Yet 28 years later later, when he returns and crashes his car, supposedly he saw (from a distance past the Storybrooke sign) Rumple about to throw a fireball. What changed in all those years that he could see what was happening even though he was on the outside of the town limit?
      Gold brought magic to Storybrooke, which opened it up.

That or he was driving at 88mph.

Comment

Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
        Gold brought magic to Storybrooke, which opened it up.

That or he was driving at 88mph.
        But outside the town limits, there is apparently no magic. And Owen shouldn't have been able to see the group on the Storybrooke side of the town limit.

Comment

But outside the town limits, there is apparently no magic. And Owen shouldn't have been able to see the group on the Storybrooke side of the town limit.
          You forget, both Emma and Booth were able to find Storybrooke and Henry was able to leave Storybrooke and return to it.

So the question is what happened between Owen leaving and Emma arriving?

I think it has to do with Regina's need to not have the townspeople so boring. Yet, that requires magic...maybe she used a big magic card she was saving to get her way. Which is why she was in such a bind with the Mad Hatter in the latter half of season 1.

Comment

I want to know what became of the boy's father, since the Sheriff arrested him at the border of Storybrook and that's the last we see or hear of him ... for now..
            Same here.. Did the sheriff put the father in a jail, where he has since rotted away?
            But i like that they finally gave a reasoning for the driver who crashed to be there.

I hate to say it, but I'm getting a tad tired of Henry and all his begging and whining about everybody and how perfect they are supposed to be to fit his image of how things should be. I have to keep reminding myself that he's just a kid, but even so he's starting to bug me..
            He is getting annoying, but some say that its what kids his age are supposed to be like.

I liked Mr. Gold in this episode. He tried to remove himself from the situation, but maybe family means more to him than he thinks, since he stayed with Snow (to protect her) while the others went looking for Henry.
            I also liked him in the flashbacks being all so naeive.

a question: at the beginning, we saw that ppl were repeating themselves, but was that *because* of the curse specifically? we saw slight variations, though, but i'm still wondering if regina altered something to make everyone stop repeating themselves.
            Perhaps after getting into a routine, their repeating stopped.

I am getting tired quickly of Snow's despair. She did do something terrible, but she did it to save the lives of many people. I'm not sure if it's the fact that Cora is dead or the fact that she so horribly deceived Regina that is making her so distraught....hopefully she figures out the good outweighs the dark.
            Does it really though? Does killing someone else to save others alleviate the guilt some feel for killing? Do the ends justify the means?

You know when I watched Regina asking Gold if he could fix the repeating days, then she says "you don't know" meaning he doesn't remember, I got the feeling by something in the way he looked that just maybe he did and he chose to conceal his memory. If he did, I don't blame him for wanting to take a few years off of his battle with Regina. Maybe it was a bit of a vacation for him.
            Perhaps it was cause the curse had been broken.. and magic restored that allowed those outside to see in. We know when they cued to regina looking out plaintively, that the sign for the town was here off to the side, but invisible to those out.. and when she reached out, it looked like she was rubbing some sort of force field/bubble.

You forget, both Emma and Booth were able to find Storybrooke and Henry was able to leave Storybrooke and return to it.

Emma (and by extent henry) though were not from the other realm/affected by the curse.. so perhaps the curses' protection of the city from outsiders does not apply to them.

Maybe further down the road he might have remembered, but imo that close to when the curse kicked in, i doubt it.

Comment

it seemed that when everyone came to our realm/storybrooke, they immediately fit in and could speak like us, etc. but that happened with regina too...

i guess i wish we could have seen regina have some problems adjusting to our realm, and i mean real problems, not just some confusion on a word or phrase, so on.
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post

I think it has to do with Regina's need to not have the townspeople so boring. Yet, that requires magic...maybe she used a big magic card she was saving to get her way. Which is why she was in such a bind with the Mad Hatter in the latter half of season 1.
                No. I didn't forget anything about that.

And Henry was the one that pointed out the direction for Emma to go to get to Storybrooke. She didn't do it on her own. Henry could come and go because he wasn't born in Storybrooke. He was brought there are some point from outside of Storybrooke.

With August, I have no explanation.

Comment

I thought they established earlier in the Season that they are no longer cut-off from the outside World and that the Outside World could come at any time?

I am starting to ask myself if the writers really messed up or if there is something we just havent been told yet. The way it looks makes it very hard for Gold to ever have gotten Henry to Storybrooke. Also even with Henry in Storybrooke, that would have been some really tough years on the kid considering he had to listen to Mary Margaret every Day talking about her love for Birds. Now thats what I call torture.

Okay, the woman who was Pregnant all those Years sure had no fun either.
                  Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                  Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                  There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                    I thought they established earlier in the Season that they are no longer cut-off from the outside World and that the Outside World could come at any time?

I am starting to ask myself if the writers really messed up or if there is something we just havent been told yet. The way it looks makes it very hard for Gold to ever have gotten Henry to Storybrooke. Also even with Henry in Storybrooke, that would have been some really tough years on the kid considering he had to listen to Mary Margaret every Day talking about her love for Birds. Now thats what I call torture.

Okay, the woman who was Pregnant all those Years sure had no fun either.
                    It lends credence to Henry saying things were wrong. It required to spend time long enough to notice things like a girl was pregnant for so long. But both Dr. Hopper (great name) and Mary knew Henry and had past relationships with him, so by the time Henry came they could remember at least past experience with him.

I will be frank it is truly unknown whether they really didn't remember the previous day or so? I understand the curse prevents them from realizing how long they've been around, but there's no reason for it to cause them to live the same day over and over.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                      it seemed that when everyone came to our realm/storybrooke, they immediately fit in and could speak like us, etc. but that happened with regina too...

i guess i wish we could have seen regina have some problems adjusting to our realm, and i mean real problems, not just some confusion on a word or phrase, so on.
                      Especially when it came to using our tech.. Whether just a few glimpses of them wondering "What the heck is this funky box on wheels" to "How is this little gizmo gonna let me talk to people 1000s of miles away (cel phones)...

Comment

I was just thinking around on how Henry could have ended up in Storybrooke under these conditions. The only ones at this point who would be able to Enter and Leave Storybrooke were Emma and August. So if Gold has no Memories and Emma has no clue, then the only one who could have known about Emmas pregnancy and Storybrooke would be August.

I cant work out a scenario though that wouldnt mess up the first Season as to the how, since they made very clear that Regina made a pact with Gold to get Henry. Which is also kind of weird since he is supposed to have no memories. Not just from our viewpoint, but more importantly Reginas.
                        Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                        Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

Didn't Gold also have his memories? Before the curse was broken, Regina asked him his real name and he told her Rumplestiltskin.....

Comment

Originally posted by rkgardner2003 View Post
                            Didn't Gold also have his memories? Before the curse was broken, Regina asked him his real name and he told her Rumplestiltskin.....
                            That is because Gold did something to himself to make him Remember as soon as he met Emma. The moment he heard her Name in the first Episode he got his Memories back. This is also proven by Gold needing a magic scarf in order to leave Storybrooke without turning into his cursed self.
                            Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                            Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

Perhaps he had something kicked into the curse that affected his memories but needed that name (emma) to ween him off it.

Comment

Using the way back machine people seem to be talking about how could Owen find the town. I think there is a bigger question. Owen and his dad were stuck in a town that was stuck in time for at least a week. How come they didn't notice the day repeating? How did the guy fixing their car finish the job? We see one guy repairing the same sign each day.

I think this might be the first episode that was just ok. The way the groundhog day was done ruin the episode for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X