David Hewlett directs Debug,starring Jason Momoa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

David Hewlett directs Debug,starring Jason Momoa

We've been seeing tweets about this for a while now from David, here's a little info about the plot:

The film concerns six young computer hackers who are sent to work on a derelict space freighter and are forced to match wits with a vengeful artificial intelligence that would kill to be human.

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news...medium=twitter

And yes, this is what he's using those Destiny sets for.
    sigpic

Very intriguingly awesome!

Comment

Interesting.
      sigpic

Comment

Cool! I take it he won't be in it at all?
        sigpic

Comment

Yey can't wait

Comment

Hey, good for David!! I wonder if Atlantis had continued whether he'd have directed a few episodes there too?

Cate
            sigpic

...with thanks to the wonderful Bay...

Comment

Awesome! Though too bad those sets weren't being used for a SGU movie. One can dream you know!
              Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Stargate related casting news for Debug: It looks pretty likely that Jason Momoa is one of the actors in this film. Another actor tweeted about it a week or so ago and David quoted a tweet from someone who had just seen Jason at the Perth ComicCon:

“@Nic_Bronte: JasonMomoa said you dressed him up as DuranDuran & killed him 6 times. How much truth & fun is there to this...?” No comment!
                sigpic

Comment

And it's been confirmed. Here in this article:
                  http://collider.com/david-hewlett-debug/
                  Writer/director David Hewlett (Rage of the Yeti) has wrapped on his new sci-fi film, Debug. Starring Jeananne Goossen (The Vow), Jason Momoa (Conan the Barbarian), Adam Butcher (Wolves) and Kjartan Hewitt (Scott Pilgrim vs the World), Debug centers on a group of six hackers on work release who are tasked with debugging the AI on a massive freighter in space. The team soon finds themselves in a battle of wits against a computer program that would kill to be human. Debug is planned for an early 2014 release.

Plus an article from The Hollywood Reporter

The sci-fi pic, set for an early 2014 release, stars Jeananne Goossen, Jason Momoa, Adam Butcher and Jadyn Wong.
                  TORONTO - Entertainment One has acquired the Canadian distribution rights to David Hewlett’s sci-fi thriller Debug.

An early 2014 release is slated for Hewlett’s second feature from Copperheart Entertainment that stars Jeananne Goossen (Alcatraz), Jason Momoa (Game of Thrones), Adam Butcher, Kjartan Hewitt, Sidney Leeder, Jaydn Wong and Adrian Holmes.

Debug focuses on six young computer hackers sent to debug computers on a derelict space freighter, where they are forced to match wits with a vengeful artificial intelligence that would kill to be human.

Hewlett earlier had acting roles in the Vincenzo Natali genre pics Cube and Splice.

Steven Hoban is producing, with executive producer credits shared by by Mark Smith, Jane Loughman and John Raymonds.

Debug received financing from Telefilm Canada and the Ontario Media Development Corp.
                  Last edited by Lythisrose; 11 March 2013, 03:42 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

A larger version of the photo of David on the set:
                    http://tvfreaks.net/gallery/displayi...594&fullsize=1
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                      A larger version of the photo of David on the set:
                      http://tvfreaks.net/gallery/displayi...594&fullsize=1
                      he's lost too much weight...
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                        he's lost too much weight...
                        I do tend to agree...my first thought was I wanted to buy him a cheeseburger or something!
                        Poutine? Tim Tams?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                          I do tend to agree...my first thought was I wanted to buy him a cheeseburger or something!
                          Poutine? Tim Tams?
                          i absolutely hate it when someone diets and goes overboard. (i did this once )

for me, to me, a person being overweight is more attractive than being underweight.

david is attractive. but go back to a heavier weight, david!!
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

He needs more than one cheeseburger lol hopefully it was just a work thing and he'll be back to normal soon. Though as long as he's healthy it's up to him.

Comment

Couple of updates from the IMDb page: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2769184/

Jason Momoa's character is Iam

and Kate Hewlett is acting in it.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X