Atlantis (BBC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis (BBC)

Announcement of new series from the BBC.

BBC announces new series 'Atlantis' to replace 'Merlin'

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s53/m...ce-merlin.html

The BBC has announced a number of new commissions including a series from Misfits creator Howard Overman called Atlantis.

The 13-part series will begin shooting in Wales and Morocco in April, while BBC controller of drama Ben Stephenson confirmed that it will air on BBC One in Merlin's Saturday night slot this autumn

The series synopsis states: "The city of Atlantis is a mysterious, ancient place; a world of bull leaping, of snake haired goddesses and of palaces so vast it was said they were built by giants.

"It's into this strange, compelling realm that the young Jason arrives and an amazing adventure begins, bringing to life the vast store of Greek myths and legends re-imagined for a new generation."

___

Sounds quite interesting.

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
    Announcement of new series from the BBC.

BBC announces new series 'Atlantis' to replace 'Merlin'

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s53/m...ce-merlin.html

The BBC has announced a number of new commissions including a series from Misfits creator Howard Overman called Atlantis.

The 13-part series will begin shooting in Wales and Morocco in April, while BBC controller of drama Ben Stephenson confirmed that it will air on BBC One in Merlin's Saturday night slot this autumn

The series synopsis states: "The city of Atlantis is a mysterious, ancient place; a world of bull leaping, of snake haired goddesses and of palaces so vast it was said they were built by giants.

"It's into this strange, compelling realm that the young Jason arrives and an amazing adventure begins, bringing to life the vast store of Greek myths and legends re-imagined for a new generation."

___

Sounds quite interesting.
    I am actually quite excited about this one!

Comment

There'll only ever be one Atlantis for me!
      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I was so confused by the title of this thread...
        sigpic

Comment

Awesome! Besides the awesome SGA, I've always loved the legends of Atlantis so I'll check it out!

Comment

This sounds interesting.
            sigpic

Comment

This sounded interesting until I saw the part about goddesses. Blah... As Matt G said, there's only one Atlantis for me.

Comment

A new twist on mythology.... Sounds like fun.
                I will be keeping my eyes open for this one.
                "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                To thy own self... Be true
                May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Interesting...
                  And its from the writers of Merlin, so Ill definitely give it a go, but looking forward to more details...

Comment

I've been interest in the Atlantis story for a long time.
                    sigpic
                    Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Robert Emms Cast In BBC One’s Fantasy Series ‘Atlantis’

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2013/02/robe...ries-atlantis/

EXCLUSIVE: I’ve learned that Robert Emms is the first actor to be cast in BBC One’s upcoming fantasy series Atlantis. My sources tell me that Emms will be playing a young Pythagoras, a brilliant mathematician and philosopher who is one of the many interesting characters that main character Jason meets upon arriving in Atlantis. An up and comer, Emms, repped by ICM Partners and Curtis Brown, is coming off of a starring role in Universal’s Kick Ass 2. His previous credits include War Horse and Relativity Media’s Mirror Mirror: The Untold Adventures of Snow White.

Created by Howard Overman (Misfits), Atlantis is set in the city of Atlantis: a mysterious ancient place; a world of bull leaping, of snake haired goddesses and of palaces so vast it was said they were built by giants. It’s into this strange, compelling realm that the young Jason arrives and an amazing adventure begins, bringing to life the vast store of Greek myths and legends. The series has been given a 13 episode order, and is set to begin production in Wales and Morocco in April. Howard Overman productions and BBC Cymru Wales are producing, with Howard Overman, Johnny Capps, Julian Murphy and Bethan Jones serving as executive producers. Justin Molotnikov (Merlin) is attached to direct.

Atlantis is BBC One’s newest stab at a fantasy series. The series is being billed as a replacement for Merlin, with Atlantis set to take over Merlin‘s Saturday night time-slot this autumn. I hear that BBC One is not the only one counting on Atlantis being a replacement for Merlin. Word is that part of the reason for a 13 episode order – beyond the success the BBC has seen with such larger orders for Doctor Who and Merlin - is down to potential international sales. A 13 episode first season is thought to make the series more attractive to international buyers, especially the Americans. I hear that BBC Worldwide is “hopeful” of a sale to a US network, with Syfy being the most likely buyer.

Comment

I've always been fascinated by the real mystery of Atlantis, so I'll definitely take a look at this - even if it doesn't have a Stargate!!

Cate
                        sigpic

...with thanks to the wonderful Bay...

Comment

This sounds interesting. if it's anything like the take on the Arthurian legend in 'Merlin' I look forward to seeing it. I love anything to do with myths and legends, and have been fascinated by Atlantis, its creators and fate for many years. Especially the quest to discover the real 'Atlantis' in the same way that the real city of Troy was discovered.

If Syfy takes it on then there's a good chance the Space channel in Canada will pick it up like it did 'Merlin'.

Comment

Sounds interesting enough. I do love the legend of Atlantis.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                              Robert Emms Cast In BBC One’s Fantasy Series ‘Atlantis’

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2013/02/robe...ries-atlantis/

EXCLUSIVE: I’ve learned that Robert Emms is the first actor to be cast in BBC One’s upcoming fantasy series Atlantis. My sources tell me that Emms will be playing a young Pythagoras, a brilliant mathematician and philosopher who is one of the many interesting characters that main character Jason meets upon arriving in Atlantis. An up and comer, Emms, repped by ICM Partners and Curtis Brown, is coming off of a starring role in Universal’s Kick Ass 2. His previous credits include War Horse and Relativity Media’s Mirror Mirror: The Untold Adventures of Snow White.

Created by Howard Overman (Misfits), Atlantis is set in the city of Atlantis: a mysterious ancient place; a world of bull leaping, of snake haired goddesses and of palaces so vast it was said they were built by giants. It’s into this strange, compelling realm that the young Jason arrives and an amazing adventure begins, bringing to life the vast store of Greek myths and legends. The series has been given a 13 episode order, and is set to begin production in Wales and Morocco in April. Howard Overman productions and BBC Cymru Wales are producing, with Howard Overman, Johnny Capps, Julian Murphy and Bethan Jones serving as executive producers. Justin Molotnikov (Merlin) is attached to direct.

Atlantis is BBC One’s newest stab at a fantasy series. The series is being billed as a replacement for Merlin, with Atlantis set to take over Merlin‘s Saturday night time-slot this autumn. I hear that BBC One is not the only one counting on Atlantis being a replacement for Merlin. Word is that part of the reason for a 13 episode order – beyond the success the BBC has seen with such larger orders for Doctor Who and Merlin - is down to potential international sales. A 13 episode first season is thought to make the series more attractive to international buyers, especially the Americans. I hear that BBC Worldwide is “hopeful” of a sale to a US network, with Syfy being the most likely buyer.
                              http://cultfix.co.uk/atlantis-meet-pythagoras-21782.htm
                              Confirms Robert Emms role.

Comment

Working...
                              X