No announcement yet.

Stargate SG-1: Unleashed iOS and Android Game - Spoilers/News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just finished Episode 1 of the game, I really enjoyed it. Can't wait for them to release Episode 2!

Also, from some of the things that SG-1 and Hammond mention have taken place prior to the events of this game, it looks as though the story is set sometime during Season 4 of SG-1.

Comment

I sounds from the video like it takes place just after Divide and Conquer.

Comment

Comment

I wish they had used Don S. Davis' voice from Stargate episodes because so far it sounds like he only says the basic things we've all heard Hammond say countless of times. But perhaps that's a legal issue or something. Anyway, if they couldn't use his voice then I would have preferred them using a different character because this one doesn't sound like Hammond at all and that combined with the not-so-great resemblance of the video characters makes him very un-Hammond-like.
          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by tp009 View Post
            Just finished Episode 1 of the game, I really enjoyed it. Can't wait for them to release Episode 2!

Also, from some of the things that SG-1 and Hammond mention have taken place prior to the events of this game, it looks as though the story is set sometime during Season 4 of SG-1.
            Originally posted by KEK View Post
            I sounds from the video like it takes place just after Divide and Conquer.
            i hope the creators give us an actual time line. on when this happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
              i hope the creators give us an actual time line. on when this happens.
              The link you just posted in the S/J ship appreciation thread says it's set in early season 5
              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

two bits of good news. 1) the game takes place during Season 5. due to this

Arkalis Interactive narrows down SG-1 Unleashed timeline

and this SG-1 Unleashed to Appear on PC. Maybe XBOX 360.

Comment

Just gave this a go. Playing it on my ipad and the shooting is a bit awkward, think it's more suited for a smart phone.

Bit disappointed with the animations and voice acting, but I wasn't expecting much. Still enjoying it though, it's good to have some new SG1 content.

But it just makes me realise just how good a Stargate game could be on a console given the right time and money.
                  @W00DBINE

Comment

I enjoyed it. It took some getting used to. But I am looking forward to the rest of the episodes

Comment

If this isn't released on Windows 8 Phone, I may just cry. If it isn't, I'll settle for the rumoured Steam release - likely a terrible port.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                        The link you just posted in the S/J ship appreciation thread says it's set in early season 5
                        But is Carter's hair correct to s5 XD?
                        Originally posted by Drunky View Post
                        I have to admit, after watching that gameplay footage, I'm not sure if I like what I saw.

But it is SG1, so I will no doubt still buy it.
                        I agree. If I don't buy and play it then MGM will be less inclined to make more. It actually looks fairly cool.
                        Originally posted by fems View Post
                        I wish they had used Don S. Davis' voice from Stargate episodes because so far it sounds like he only says the basic things we've all heard Hammond say countless of times. But perhaps that's a legal issue or something. Anyway, if they couldn't use his voice then I would have preferred them using a different character because this one doesn't sound like Hammond at all and that combined with the not-so-great resemblance of the video characters makes him very un-Hammond-like.
                        I second that. The way Hammond looks is just... Wrong. I wish they'd have his voice - Don S. Davis, you were a legend! If not, why not have is as Landry, Woolsey, Weir... Unless they wanted to give a hail to DSD without using his voice for legal/personal reasons.... Or Arkasis stuffed up, not realizing that DSD has gone through the supergate in the sky and ascended and wrote Hammy in. I imagine that would be awkward...

Comment

Almost finished it now. Took some getting used to, mostly the awkward controls; but I've never really liked tablet game controls anyway.

Music and Voice acting were brilliant and made it feel very authentic and engaging. Story was a legit SG1 episode plot, although in game format it's doesn't flow as smooth due to the interactive moments between cutscenes.

Like Supreme Commander suggested, I kinda wish they had resampled some of Don S Davis' voice from the series, otherwise just leave the character out imo. Just didn't feel right.

Overall I enjoyed it, very happy with the quality, sure, there is room for improvement but its legit Stargate and that's always a good thing! I'll be buying the next episodes and I'd encourage anyone else too as well. It's possibly the most clear and effective way to demonstrate SG still has an audience who are keen for more content.

"The greatest compliment that was ever paid me was when one asked me what I thought, and attended to my answer.” - Henry David Thoreau

sigpic

Comment

Aww the game was released already I cant find it on the play store I really hope it works on my phone once I get it and it doesnt turn out like the other game Stargate Command I had to delete it and now I cant download again http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjVmT...e_gdata_player
                            sigpic
                            siggy made by RogueRanger
                            http://youtu.be/frhgT5CMpjo
                            killing threads one post at a time

Comment

I'll be glad when it is released for the pc!
                              sigpic
                              Fate makes our relatives; choice makes our friends-quote I found in my dad's senior year of high school under his name

"Give me a pen and I'll write the words"
                              http://avp60685.blogspot.com/

Comment

i haven't played the game yet (i don't have an up-to-date phone ), so i'm waiting for the pc version.

i've been able to see a couple of vids of someone that's played it, and it looks fun! AND, especially for me, there's
                                Spoiler:
                                sam/jack ship
                                in it!!
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X