Stargate SG-1: Unleashed iOS and Android Game - Spoilers/News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Night_Chrono View Post
    If it is "white fading out" what exactly is it fading out to? Since the cornea of the eye is already white, please enlighten me as to how white is fading to white.

But since you are wrong anyways, here is a color sample of the screen I did in photoshop:
    Ra Eye Color Sample

I admit it is not "yellow" but it sure as netu isn't red or white. You really need to shut up about this, it doesn't get any more conclusive than that.
    It's fading out to the colour of his eyes, which given the lighting, is the colour you found in photoshop. Just look at his skin in that picture, it's essentially just a darker version of that. And by the way, you probably won't last long on this forum telling people to "shut up".

It's generally accepted that there is a discontinuity between movie and show. We all know that 7 chevrons is a interstellar address, that the gate doesn't have the swirly bit behind it (black holes not withstanding), etc. etc.

My point is that here we have something that is a core symbol of Stargate, like lightsabers are for star wars, or photon torpedo's for trek. You don't go messing with the core imagery of an established universe. Remember when Lucas messed with the core imagery of a sci-fi universe? One word for you: midi-chlorians.
    I know what your point is, I just disagree. The colour of the eye glow is not iconic, it's randomly flitted between white and orange and every shade in-between and most people either don't notice or don't care. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I bet if you made a poll about it the majority of people would not be particularly bothered.

Were you in the alpha/beta? Did you play what story missions were available, take part in the dev chats, in game ask the asgard events, and all the other stuff? Like I said not every story element was perfect but it didn't step all over something as basic as the goa'uld eye flash.

As far as the main story of Worlds the only major contradiction (that I remember) was that the milky way plague was the fault of the Asgard. We all know it was the Ori, but keep in mind when the devs of Worlds wrote that, we didn't have the Ori plague yet.
    Actually, we don't know where the plague from. It's only ever been hinted at that it was the Ori. On the issue of canon though, personally I'd say messing around with story canon is much worse than messing around with things as superficial as eye colour or plasma colour.

Don't use wikipedia kids since anyone can edit it! Instead use textbooks where publishers make obscene profits!
    Find me an article that they have just "made up". I have friends who have had some involvement with that site and it is taken very seriously.
    I've never seen them make up whole articles, but I have seen them speculate and embellish a lot, not to mention weave sources like the RPG and other games that are not considered canon relative to the series into articles about things that are.

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...count=1&ref=nf

A new promo photo and information from Arkalis Interactive, the developer of the game.

The new information regarding the game listed under the Facebook promo photo is as followed...

"Stargate SG-1 Unleashed that is coming on March 2013 is a 100% new story, written by Sally Malcolm is the author several novels in the Stargate universe – Stargate SG-1: A Matter of Honor, Stargate SG-1: The Cost of Honor, Stargate Atlantis: Rising (novelisation) – and is the co-author of Stargate SG-1: Sunrise (writing as J.F. Crane). She has also written four audio dramas: Stargate SG-1: Gift of the Gods, Stargate Atlantis: Savarna, and Stargate Atlantis: Perchance to Dream and Stargate SG-1: An Eye for an Eye, starring Claudia Black and Michael Shanks."

Comment

Originally posted by tp009 View Post

A new promo photo and information from Arkalis Interactive, the developer of the game.

The new information regarding the game listed under the Facebook promo photo is as followed...

"Stargate SG-1 Unleashed that is coming on March 2013 is a 100% new story, written by Sally Malcolm is the author several novels in the Stargate universe – Stargate SG-1: A Matter of Honor, Stargate SG-1: The Cost of Honor, Stargate Atlantis: Rising (novelisation) – and is the co-author of Stargate SG-1: Sunrise (writing as J.F. Crane). She has also written four audio dramas: Stargate SG-1: Gift of the Gods, Stargate Atlantis: Savarna, and Stargate Atlantis: Perchance to Dream and Stargate SG-1: An Eye for an Eye, starring Claudia Black and Michael Shanks."
        that's *really* nice to know that sally malcolm is the writer for this, b/c that at least gives me hope that there's sam/jack ship in it!

i'm not a gamer, and games in general seem to focus on adventure and more male dominated interests. if this game does, indeed, have sam/jack ship...

sally

sigpic

Comment

New Details Emerge on SG-1: Unleashed
          Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 13 February 2013, 02:51 PM.

Comment

I really hope this game series does well and MGM & Spyglass resurrect the SG franchise I don't have a smart phone and only a few games mostly on FB I play so probably won't play it myself but I hope it does well
            sigpic
            My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
            poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Even if it turns out bad I will still buy it as a thank you for keeping the franchise alive in some way.

Comment

https://twitter.com/DarsMind/status/304837696101167104

Michael Shanks retweeted this Tweet stating that the game should be out in around two weeks.

Get excited!

Comment

This makes me happy. I have an ipad and I so will be buying this. I too was a little disappointed those other 2 games got cancelled.

The trailer is great. *so excited*
                  @W00DBINE

Comment

New information about the enemy from the game, Sekhmet, from Arkalis Interactive's Facebook page. So it appears that she wasn't killed off by the NID after all...

HEY! STARGATE FANS! News about Sekhmet our evil Goa’uld !

Sekhmet, presents herself as the Egyptian goddess of war (Lion Head). At the height of Goa’uld power she was imprisoned on Earth for inciting rebellion against Ra. Thousands of years later she escaped, only to discover that the Goa’uld had been destroyed by the Stargate Command. Bent on vengeance, Sekhmet has sworn to restore her power and the glory of the Goa’uld empire.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q6qyz6m41M
                        Looks like Hammond lost some weight while Jack and Daniel have had some years added to their faces! ö And I think I finally figured out why Jack looks so bad; he's too pale! Like a corpse. Sam still looks like a random blonde and Teal'c looks a little too young compared to Jack and Daniel... it's like they used MS's current appearance for Daniel, did something strange to Jack and used an early season pic of CJ for Teal'c...
                        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

The life like doesn't really look like them, but for an ios game I wouldn't expect a lot of detail and accuracy. But as I'm desperate for any thing new in the Stargate universe, I'm still looking forward to this.
                          @W00DBINE

Comment

It is cool to see different Jaffa armors in a Stargate product. There were such nice plans in Stargate : Worlds, but then that MMORPG was cancelled. There were non-canonic descriptions in the SG RPG books as well. I always wanted to see a lion or an atilop headed Jaffa guards which reflects back to mythology. I love these giant lion statues near the stargate.

On the other hand. I am bit sad to see that the SG fandom is not excited about this game at all. Has everyone left the GW? I expected a bigger buzz, but maybe the lifecycle of the fandom has really reached its own end.
                            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Any guesses as to when this game takes place in the canon?

I have been thinking about it, and the information provided about Sekhmet would suggest that it was set Season 8, but the fact the General O'Neill is a Colonel in the game, General Hammond is in the game, and that Teal`c has no hair would suggest that it takes place during Season 7 or earlier. But then there's the fact the team are using MP5s instead of the P90 used in later seasons...

Maybe it's best not to give myself a headache overthinking these things, and just enjoy the game for what it is...

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                                On the other hand. I am bit sad to see that the SG fandom is not excited about this game at all. Has everyone left the GW? I expected a bigger buzz, but maybe the lifecycle of the fandom has really reached its own end.
                                i 'think' a lot of ppl feel what i feel on the franchise, which is we'd rather have something live with the sg1-atlantis-sgu characters. movie, mini series, or new series.

this is just a cartoon made for a game.

when you're wanting steak and chicken mcnuggets are offered, you feel a bit meh
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X