Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
    nit picking much?
    Getting something as basic as the Goa'uld Eye Glow wrong is hardly nitpicking.

Comment

Red eyes was an Ori/Orici thing.The Ribbon Device colour is different.

Beginning to wonder if they went for a Ori/Goa'uld Hybrid ?

( Just wondering.)
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
        Red eyes was an Ori/Orici thing.The Ribbon Device colour is different.

Beginning to wonder if they went for a Ori/Goa'uld Hybrid ?

( Just wondering.)
        It wasn't a solid red glow for Adria, she actually had little flames in her eyes.

Not to mention that would require there to have been a second Orici/Doci/some one similar, and doing that would step all over cannon more than they already have.

Comment

I watched every SG-1 ep,and liked Adria ,so I know what you mean about the eyes.

Just thinking aloud really,and wondering what gives with this new enemy.

It certainly seems to be a game filled with contradictions so far,but I'd hope for more details to be on their way soon!
          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Night_Chrono View Post
            Getting something as basic as the Goa'uld Eye Glow wrong is hardly nitpicking.
            It pretty much is. The eye glow in the movie was white, in the SG-1 it is orange, in this it's red. It's trivial.

Comment

It lasted slightly over a year, and it was a clone of TF2 in the same way TF2 was a clone of Quake.
              Stargate Resistance:
              Released: February 10, 2010
              Shut down: January 15, 2011

That is under a full year.
              Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

I love the design of the Lion Guard. I presume that is how the new Jaffa armor called, because the newest enemy seems the be Goa'uld Sekhmet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sekhmet

I was also wondering what is that giant city in the middle of the USA? It seems to be a bit unrealistic.
                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                  It pretty much is. The eye glow in the movie was white, in the SG-1 it is orange, in this it's red. It's trivial.
                  The eye glow has always gone between white and orange/yellow. But never red. Proof:

Movie White Glow
                  Movie Yellow Glow
                  SG-1 White Glow
                  SG-1 Yellow Glow

Originally posted by Billz View Post
                  Stargate Resistance:
                  Released: February 10, 2010
                  Shut down: January 15, 2011

That is under a full year.
                  I stand corrected. Could of sworn it was longer than that but o well. On a semi-related note the servers "officially" went down on the 15th, but no one was there to through the switch until the 18th.

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                  I love the design of the Lion Guard. I presume that is how the new Jaffa armor called, because the newest enemy seems the be Goa'uld Sekhmet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sekhmet

I was also wondering what is that giant city in the middle of the USA? It seems to be a bit unrealistic.

It can't be Sekhmet. Sekhmet was in a canopic jar on Earth, which eventually fell into the hands of the NID and was used to create "Anna".

http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Resurrection

I mean it could be, but it would further support my argument that the devs know NOTHING of Stargate.
                  Last edited by Night_Chrono; 09 February 2013, 02:38 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                    And 0 games.
                    Minus that old 1994 thing they released on SNES.
                    Wrong they did release stargate resistence it was playable for months and then they shut down servers

Comment

The eye glow has always gone between white and orange/yellow. But never red. Proof:

Movie White Glow
                      Movie Yellow Glow
                      SG-1 White Glow
                      SG-1 Yellow Glow
                      The movie one you posted isn't even yellow. It's just the white as it fades back out. Either way, it's still a really nit-picky point. If this sort of thing annoys you, then Stargate Worlds would have made your brain melt.

It can't be Sekhmet. Sekhmet was in a canopic jar on Earth, which eventually fell into the hands of the NID and was used to create "Anna".

http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Resurrection

I mean it could be, but it would further support my argument that the devs know NOTHING of Stargate.
                      There are a few candidates. It could also be Bastet, Pakhetor or Tefnut, and there are probably more. Or she could have taken their Jaffa, and she might not be any of them. Or the devs might have just thought that cat/lion Jaffa could be coolsauce...

Comment

Do we need how many "episodes" will be release in a year? I am happy to see that SG franchise is not as dead as it seems. Maybe that will be a sign that it can be revived from the coma state. On the other hand I don't like the marketing campaign. They want to release this game but they announce it only one month ago? Even the fans didn't become too excited here, because I expected there will be much more posts. Hmmm, come on gaters, SG-1 is going to return!
                        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

The eye glow has always gone between white and orange/yellow. But never red.
                          Until in this GAME VERSION of SG-1. Now it's red. I don't see the big deal.

Comment

The movie one you posted isn't even yellow. It's just the white as it fades back out. Either way, it's still a really nit-picky point. If this sort of thing annoys you, then Stargate Worlds would have made your brain melt.
                            /Facepalm. Go re-watch the movie, its not white just fading back out. I chose that scene for a reason, now stop making yourself sound like a Prim'ta and actually have an argument instead of just try to discredit mine.

For the record I was in the alpha and beta of Stargate Worlds. What's your point? The devs showed an honest love for Stargate. While some of the story elements were a bit hoaky, they never step all over the simplest things of established cannon.

There are a few candidates. It could also be Bastet, Pakhetor or Tefnut, and there are probably more. Or she could have taken their Jaffa, and she might not be any of them. Or the devs might have just thought that cat/lion Jaffa could be coolsauce...
                            Can't be Bastet, we have already seen her in the show and she looked nothing like the Goa'uld in the trailer. Plus someone already pointed out that the Goa'uld in the trailer had a silverish Kara Kesh, which means underlord, not system lord.

Originally posted by Terra Atlantus View Post
                            Until in this GAME VERSION of SG-1. Now it's red. I don't see the big deal.
                            THIS JUST IN; In Star Wars Episode VII Lukes Lightsaber is now orange instead of green! How well do you think that would fly?

Or here's a better one. Instead of being called the Zat'nik'tel, it's now the Zat'nik'tek. It's one small change, I don't see the big deal!

I am all for expanding the story and characters in new ways, introducing new system lords, new alien races, new technology. To get something as so basic as the eye glow, or color of the staff plasma wrong is just inexcusable.

Comment

Go re-watch the movie, its not white just fading back out.
                              I did look at the movie. It's white fading out. The eyes in the image you posted aren't even yellow. Or for the sake of argument, for get the eyes, what about the chevrons? In the movie they're grey, in the series they're red. It really doesn't matter.

For the record I was in the alpha and beta of Stargate Worlds. What's your point? The devs showed an honest love for Stargate. While some of the story elements were a bit hoaky, they never step all over the simplest things of established cannon.
                              They made up all sorts of stuff for the game that did not strictly conform to what we know of the lore, and quite rightly. I don't see how that is any different from these devs inventing blue plasma staffs, or giving a Goa'uld red glowing eyes. It doesn't explicitly contradict any canon, so what's the problem? It's trivial. It really doesn't matter.

Can't be Bastet, we have already seen her in the show and she looked nothing like the Goa'uld in the trailer. Plus someone already pointed out that the Goa'uld in the trailer had a silverish Kara Kesh, which means underlord, not system lord.
                              When was that ever established in the show? I would advise against using Stargate.wikia as a source, they make all sorts of stuff up. Also, hair colour can change, or hell, she could have just found a new host.

Comment

I did look at the movie. It's white fading out. The eyes in the image you posted aren't even yellow.
                                If it is "white fading out" what exactly is it fading out to? Since the cornea of the eye is already white, please enlighten me as to how white is fading to white.

But since you are wrong anyways, here is a color sample of the screen I did in photoshop:
                                Ra Eye Color Sample

I admit it is not "yellow" but it sure as netu isn't red or white. You really need to shut up about this, it doesn't get any more conclusive than that.

Or for the sake of argument, for get the eyes, what about the chevrons? In the movie they're grey, in the series they're red. It really doesn't matter.
                                It's generally accepted that there is a discontinuity between movie and show. We all know that 7 chevrons is a interstellar address, that the gate doesn't have the swirly bit behind it (black holes not withstanding), etc. etc.

My point is that here we have something that is a core symbol of Stargate, like lightsabers are for star wars, or photon torpedo's for trek. You don't go messing with the core imagery of an established universe. Remember when Lucas messed with the core imagery of a sci-fi universe? One word for you: midi-chlorians.

They made up all sorts of stuff for the game that did not strictly conform to what we know of the lore, and quite rightly. I don't see how that is any different from these devs inventing blue plasma staffs, or giving a Goa'uld red glowing eyes. It doesn't explicitly contradict any canon, so what's the problem? It's trivial. It really doesn't matter.
                                Were you in the alpha/beta? Did you play what story missions were available, take part in the dev chats, in game ask the asgard events, and all the other stuff? Like I said not every story element was perfect but it didn't step all over something as basic as the goa'uld eye flash.

As far as the main story of Worlds the only major contradiction (that I remember) was that the milky way plague was the fault of the Asgard. We all know it was the Ori, but keep in mind when the devs of Worlds wrote that, we didn't have the Ori plague yet.

When was that ever established in the show?
                                Never directly stated however:
                                System Lords:
                                Hathor
                                Heru'ur
                                Under lords:
                                Osiris
                                Toth
                                Khonsu

Not sure how it works entirely, since it has never been directly stated, just implied in the props. Klorel and Amaunet also having gold Kara Kesh's. That could be explained by them being "royalty" but once again nothing was ever directly stated on the show.

I would advise against using Stargate.wikia as a source, they make all sorts of stuff up.
                                Don't use wikipedia kids since anyone can edit it! Instead use textbooks where publishers make obscene profits!
                                Find me an article that they have just "made up". I have friends who have had some involvement with that site and it is taken very seriously.

Also, hair colour can change, or hell, she could have just found a new host.
                                True. Wish we could just get some confirmation from the devs about whats going on in the trailer. I am not the only one who has been very vocal about these inconsistencies.

I would also like to point out that once again, you have done very little to counter my arguments, and instead tried to discredit them. You are making a serious mikta of yourself Senator Kinsey.

Comment

Working...
                                X