Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 161
  1. #21
    Colonel Replicator Todd's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The United States of Evil
    Posts
    6,867

    Default Re: Stargate SG-1: Unleashed iOS and Android game announced.

    Quote Originally Posted by rushy View Post
    And 0 games.
    Minus that old 1994 thing they released on SNES.
    Its also on Genesis/Mega Drive. People always say SNES, Sega needs love too!

  2. #22
    Probie
    Member Since
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: Stargate SG-1: Unleashed iOS and Android game announced.

    I did a quick breakdown of it, not too much in there, but maybe someone missed something
    http://isvandir.com/news/stargate-sg...ler-breakdown/

  3. #23
    Second Lieutenant capricaabydos's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2009
    Location
    "Sometimes the strongest ppl hide the deepest pain
    Posts
    429

    Default Re: Stargate SG-1: Unleashed iOS and Android game announced.

    Quote Originally Posted by tp009 View Post
    http://au.ign.com/articles/2013/02/0...shed-announced

    Looks like this is the one that Michael Shanks and Amanda Tapping tweeted about doing voice work for late last year.

    It looks like it's going to be an adventure game, released in episodes.

    The trailer on the link above looks awesome!

    Edit: Here is the trailer in HD - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra19-...e_gdata_player
    I am soooo gonna get that if they really do it

    siggy made by RogueRanger
    http://youtu.be/frhgT5CMpjo
    killing threads one post at a time

  4. #24
    Captain Billz's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Bracknell, South England
    Posts
    1,800

    Default Re: Stargate SG-1: Unleashed iOS and Android game announced.

    Why?
    Why can't we, the console and PC community, have a decent stargate game?
    Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

    Doctor: "And what is the question?"

    Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

    Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".


  5. #25
    Chief Master Sergeant Quetzocoetl's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    144

    Default Re: Stargate SG-1: Unleashed iOS and Android game announced.

    Quote Originally Posted by rushy View Post
    And 0 games.
    Minus that old 1994 thing they released on SNES.
    Well....there was Stargate: Resistance, and the old mobile game Stargate: Entropy Syndrome.
    That's about it for officially licensed games though....sad really. I'd just about kill for a decent Console/PC Stargate game.

  6. #26

    Default Re: Stargate SG-1: Unleashed iOS and Android game announced.

    Quote Originally Posted by Billz View Post
    I know Resistance was released. I had it. But it didn't even last a full year before the servers were switched off for good!

    And besides, it was an awful Team Fortress 2 clone, but Stargate flavoured.
    It lasted slightly over a year, and it was a clone of TF2 in the same way TF2 was a clone of Quake.

    Anyways here is my breakdown of the trailer, AKA why Arkalis has never seen an episode of SG-1 and this will inevitably suck worse that Stargate for Gameboy/Gamegear.

    0:19: Symbiote proportions are WAY off.
    0:35: Daniels glasses are flying through the air after exiting the gate, and look as if they are brand new. Nothing wrong with that but this detail is important later.
    0:42: Light from the Kara Kesh is blue. It is supposed to be orange.
    0:46: What the christ is that space suit? When did this become mass effect?
    0:51: Earth point of origin locking on a chevron other than 7. I know, I know intergalactic addresses however given the hair styles of Teal'c and Daniel we know this takes place between season 4 and 7. So I am writing this one as a goof.
    0:54: Daniels glasses flying through the air again. They CLEARLY have not yet impacted the ground yet one of the lenses is broken. Consistency much?
    0:54: Plasma from the Ma'tok Staff is supposed to be orange NOT BLUE.
    0:59 The design of the ships corridor looks like it is supposed to be of Tau'ri construction, however it is not 303, or 304 class.
    1:01: Symbiote still looks way off.
    1:10: Milky Way gates were NEVER in space. Even if one hypothetically were in orbit around a planet like in Pegasus, it lacked power nodes/stabilizers. How would it be dialed out and remain in orbit?
    1:14: Walls are bare. Most noticeably missing is manual iris control.
    1:35: Eyes glow red instead of yellow.

  7. #27
    Brigadier General
    Member Since
    Jan 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8,118

    Default Re: Stargate SG-1: Unleashed iOS and Android game announced.

    Quote Originally Posted by Night_Chrono View Post
    It lasted slightly over a year, and it was a clone of TF2 in the same way TF2 was a clone of Quake.

    Anyways here is my breakdown of the trailer, AKA why Arkalis has never seen an episode of SG-1 and this will inevitably suck worse that Stargate for Gameboy/Gamegear.

    0:19: Symbiote proportions are WAY off.
    0:35: Daniels glasses are flying through the air after exiting the gate, and look as if they are brand new. Nothing wrong with that but this detail is important later.
    0:42: Light from the Kara Kesh is blue. It is supposed to be orange.
    0:46: What the christ is that space suit? When did this become mass effect?
    0:51: Earth point of origin locking on a chevron other than 7. I know, I know intergalactic addresses however given the hair styles of Teal'c and Daniel we know this takes place between season 4 and 7. So I am writing this one as a goof.
    0:54: Daniels glasses flying through the air again. They CLEARLY have not yet impacted the ground yet one of the lenses is broken. Consistency much?
    0:54: Plasma from the Ma'tok Staff is supposed to be orange NOT BLUE.
    0:59 The design of the ships corridor looks like it is supposed to be of Tau'ri construction, however it is not 303, or 304 class.
    1:01: Symbiote still looks way off.
    1:10: Milky Way gates were NEVER in space. Even if one hypothetically were in orbit around a planet like in Pegasus, it lacked power nodes/stabilizers. How would it be dialed out and remain in orbit?
    1:14: Walls are bare. Most noticeably missing is manual iris control.
    1:35: Eyes glow red instead of yellow.
    nit picking much?

  8. #28
    Chief Master Sergeant Terra Atlantus's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    169

    Default Re: Stargate SG-1: Unleashed iOS and Android game announced.

    Quote Originally Posted by Night_Chrono View Post
    0:54: Daniels glasses flying through the air again. They CLEARLY have not yet impacted the ground yet one of the lenses is broken. Consistency much?
    Not broken, it's reflection.

    Also, is it confirmed that the game will take place in the same universe as the original series? The design clearly says otherwise so nit picking like this seems odd.

    Quote Originally Posted by KEK View Post
    Pretty sure he was poking fun.
    Yes.

    This is fun, explaining jokes.

  9. #29
    Colonel
    Member Since
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,933

    Default Re: Stargate SG-1: Unleashed iOS and Android game announced.


  10. #30
    Brigadier General
    Member Since
    Jan 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8,118

    Default Re: Stargate SG-1: Unleashed iOS and Android game announced.

    where did you get it?

  11. #31

    Default Re: Stargate SG-1: Unleashed iOS and Android game announced.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
    nit picking much?
    Getting something as basic as the Goa'uld Eye Glow wrong is hardly nitpicking.

  12. #32
    Nox Envoy
    (Moderator)
    Bagpuss's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    26,532

    Default Re: Stargate SG-1: Unleashed iOS and Android game announced.

    Red eyes was an Ori/Orici thing.The Ribbon Device colour is different.

    Beginning to wonder if they went for a Ori/Goa'uld Hybrid ?

    ( Just wondering.)

  13. #33

    Default Re: Stargate SG-1: Unleashed iOS and Android game announced.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Red eyes was an Ori/Orici thing.The Ribbon Device colour is different.

    Beginning to wonder if they went for a Ori/Goa'uld Hybrid ?

    ( Just wondering.)
    It wasn't a solid red glow for Adria, she actually had little flames in her eyes.

    Not to mention that would require there to have been a second Orici/Doci/some one similar, and doing that would step all over cannon more than they already have.

  14. #34
    Nox Envoy
    (Moderator)
    Bagpuss's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    26,532

    Default Re: Stargate SG-1: Unleashed iOS and Android game announced.

    I watched every SG-1 ep,and liked Adria ,so I know what you mean about the eyes.

    Just thinking aloud really,and wondering what gives with this new enemy.

    It certainly seems to be a game filled with contradictions so far,but I'd hope for more details to be on their way soon!

  15. #35
    Colonel
    Member Since
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,933

    Default Re: Stargate SG-1: Unleashed iOS and Android game announced.

    Quote Originally Posted by Night_Chrono View Post
    Getting something as basic as the Goa'uld Eye Glow wrong is hardly nitpicking.
    It pretty much is. The eye glow in the movie was white, in the SG-1 it is orange, in this it's red. It's trivial.

  16. #36
    Captain Billz's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Bracknell, South England
    Posts
    1,800

    Default Re: Stargate SG-1: Unleashed iOS and Android game announced.

    Quote Originally Posted by Night_Chrono View Post
    It lasted slightly over a year, and it was a clone of TF2 in the same way TF2 was a clone of Quake.
    Stargate Resistance:
    Released: February 10, 2010
    Shut down: January 15, 2011

    That is under a full year.
    Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

    Doctor: "And what is the question?"

    Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

    Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".


  17. #37
    Lieutenant Colonel Platschu's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2005
    Location
    King's Lynn, UK
    Posts
    4,465

    Default Re: Stargate SG-1: Unleashed iOS and Android game announced.

    I love the design of the Lion Guard. I presume that is how the new Jaffa armor called, because the newest enemy seems the be Goa'uld Sekhmet.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sekhmet

    I was also wondering what is that giant city in the middle of the USA? It seems to be a bit unrealistic.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

    "Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

    "Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."


    http://picasaweb.google.com/103478402021017098633

  18. #38

    Default Re: Stargate SG-1: Unleashed iOS and Android game announced.

    Quote Originally Posted by KEK View Post
    It pretty much is. The eye glow in the movie was white, in the SG-1 it is orange, in this it's red. It's trivial.
    The eye glow has always gone between white and orange/yellow. But never red. Proof:

    Movie White Glow
    Movie Yellow Glow
    SG-1 White Glow
    SG-1 Yellow Glow


    Quote Originally Posted by Billz View Post
    Stargate Resistance:
    Released: February 10, 2010
    Shut down: January 15, 2011

    That is under a full year.
    I stand corrected. Could of sworn it was longer than that but o well. On a semi-related note the servers "officially" went down on the 15th, but no one was there to through the switch until the 18th.

    Quote Originally Posted by Platschu View Post
    I love the design of the Lion Guard. I presume that is how the new Jaffa armor called, because the newest enemy seems the be Goa'uld Sekhmet.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sekhmet

    I was also wondering what is that giant city in the middle of the USA? It seems to be a bit unrealistic.

    It can't be Sekhmet. Sekhmet was in a canopic jar on Earth, which eventually fell into the hands of the NID and was used to create "Anna".

    http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Resurrection

    I mean it could be, but it would further support my argument that the devs know NOTHING of Stargate.
    Last edited by Night_Chrono; February 9th, 2013 at 02:38 PM. Reason: typo

  19. #39
    Second Lieutenant
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    461

    Default Re: Stargate SG-1: Unleashed iOS and Android game announced.

    Quote Originally Posted by rushy View Post
    And 0 games.
    Minus that old 1994 thing they released on SNES.
    Wrong they did release stargate resistence it was playable for months and then they shut down servers

  20. #40
    Colonel
    Member Since
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,933

    Default Re: Stargate SG-1: Unleashed iOS and Android game announced.

    Quote Originally Posted by Night_Chrono View Post
    The eye glow has always gone between white and orange/yellow. But never red. Proof:

    Movie White Glow
    Movie Yellow Glow
    SG-1 White Glow
    SG-1 Yellow Glow
    The movie one you posted isn't even yellow. It's just the white as it fades back out. Either way, it's still a really nit-picky point. If this sort of thing annoys you, then Stargate Worlds would have made your brain melt.


    It can't be Sekhmet. Sekhmet was in a canopic jar on Earth, which eventually fell into the hands of the NID and was used to create "Anna".

    http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Resurrection

    I mean it could be, but it would further support my argument that the devs know NOTHING of Stargate.
    There are a few candidates. It could also be Bastet, Pakhetor or Tefnut, and there are probably more. Or she could have taken their Jaffa, and she might not be any of them. Or the devs might have just thought that cat/lion Jaffa could be coolsauce...

Tags for this Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Game of Thrones News/Discussion/Speculation TAG Ep Spoilers
    By Trek_Girl42 in forum Game of Thrones
    Replies: 1329
    Last Post: May 30th, 2019, 03:08 PM
  2. Bad & Good news about the stargate game(spoilers maybey)
    By orii7 in forum General Stargate Discussion
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: September 15th, 2005, 07:13 AM
  3. SPOILERS: Stargate Atlantis 2nd season news
    By prion in forum SGA News (Archive)
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: December 23rd, 2004, 09:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •