Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vikings: News/Discussion ( & Season 4 trailer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    at times you wanna smack ragnar
    Spoiler:
    I get the obsessed with having another son. But to honestly expect his wife to tolerate 'the other woman'? Shows that even smart men are stupid.

I was laughing so hard during those moments when they're at the dinner table... Oh Ragnar, you're so very deep in ... goat manure.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
      Is Ragnar supposed to be older than Rollo? They look to be the same age.
      I thought Rollo was older for some reason.

at times you wanna smack ragnar
      Spoiler:
      I get the obsessed with having another son. But to honestly expect his wife to tolerate 'the other woman'? Shows that even smart men are stupid.

Someone made a joke the the vikings are the original klingons
      I wonder what the common practice among Vikings was in regards to multiple wives. In many pagan cultures in Roman times and before this would have been normal, especially for the wealthy men, but I don't know about Northern Europe.

Remember last season when they invited the priest into bed with them?
      Spoiler:
      I guess taking another wife was one step too far.
      sigpic

Comment

I believe that Rollo is the older brother, hence his issues with Ragnar and his ascent. I think if Rollo was younger it would not be as big of an issue.
        sigpic

Comment

Also, this.
          sigpic

Comment

I want me a shield like that, and I should work on getting something like their costumes cause AWESOME!

Comment

From how this reads, vikings were monogamous
              http://www.arild-hauge.com/elife.htm

Spoiler:
              which basically means that ragnar did her wrong. now i'm sure, as with most societies, having a single mate was not the same as having a single sex partner. But I think he shamed her, not by getting the other woman pregnant but by welcoming that woman into her home and wanting to elevate her to be equal.

but we saw that ragnar was obsessed with having more sons, and I think that's what guided his actions. Since his wife couldn't have more he would find a woman that would.

It probably would have been less shameful to have gotten a female slave and use her as a broodmare than to welcome a foreign princess and suggest that she be equal wife
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

From how this reads, vikings were monogamous
                http://www.arild-hauge.com/elife.htm

Spoiler:
                which basically means that ragnar did her wrong. now i'm sure, as with most societies, having a single mate was not the same as having a single sex partner. But I think he shamed her, not by getting the other woman pregnant but by welcoming that woman into her home and wanting to elevate her to be equal.

but we saw that ragnar was obsessed with having more sons, and I think that's what guided his actions. Since his wife couldn't have more he would find a woman that would.

It probably would have been less shameful to have gotten a female slave and use her as a broodmare than to welcome a foreign princess and suggest that she be equal wife
                Yeah the shame aspect makes sense.
                Spoiler:
                I think the fact that his new wife was basically Viking royalty made it even worse.
                sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                  In the preview it seemed like Lagertha hooked up with king Ecbert? Which doesn't make sense, since he's in England. Wonder where she and Bjorn moved.
                  sigpic
                  Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

I just rewachted the preview, and ...

Spoiler:
                    That man who slaps Lagertha around isn't King Ecbert. Not Linus Roache, different features. Whoever he is, that remains to be seen... next episode.

Comment

Spoiler:
                      I want know who that is. She's still a shield maiden?? In the last episode Athelstan went on the raid, and fought Saxons. Floki still calls him priest though.
                      sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                        I want know who that is. She's still a shield maiden?? In the last episode Athelstan went on the raid, and fought Saxons. Floki still calls him priest though.
                        And Athelstan's response to Floki was priceless.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          And Athelstan's response to Floki was priceless.
                          I missed what he said.
                          sigpic

Comment

I missed what he said.
                            He cursed him in Old-Norse... ...quite the foul mouth, much unlike a priest really.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              He cursed him in Old-Norse... ...quite the foul mouth, much unlike a priest really.
                              Oh. That's funny! He looks better with the new hair style too.
                              sigpic

Comment

Oh. That's funny! He looks better with the new hair style too.
                                Much better hair. And the foul mouth was pretty funny.

Anyone see the more grown Bjorn? I've become and even dirtier old lady. I thought I was bad with Zac Efron.
                                sigpic
                                Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                                Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Working...
                                X