Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vikings: News/Discussion ( & Season 4 trailer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indeed. Two episodes left. I thought there were three left. This spring is going by quickly
    sigpic

Comment

One episode left.

I thought it was a good episode.
      sigpic

Comment

Ya the last episode was interesting. I didn't realize sacrifices were such a big part of the culture and religion with Vikings (assuming it is historically accurate of course).

I did guess that
        Spoiler:
        The priest was there to be sacrificed. I wonder how this will affect his relationship with Ragnar. Although it seems being sacrificed can be viewed as honor.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
          Ya the last episode was interesting. I didn't realize sacrifices were such a big part of the culture and religion with Vikings (assuming it is historically accurate of course).

I did guess that
          Spoiler:
          The priest was there to be sacrificed. I wonder how this will affect his relationship with Ragnar. Although it seems being sacrificed can be viewed as honor.
          I've been on Total War Center discussing it with others, some of them being Scandinavian. There was some human sacrifice, but it wasn't very often. What we saw was a rare event.
          Last edited by Gen. Chris; 23 April 2013, 07:59 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

I've watched up to halfway episode 7 now, and I'm still loving this show. Thus I'm thrilled to learn this will come back for a second season.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              I've watched up to halfway episode 7 now, and I'm still loving this show. Thus I'm thrilled to learn this will come back for a second season.
              Me, too. But when?????? All my favorite shows are apparently in the same season, although Revolution's coming back in the summer and Sinbad doesn't look too bad. I think I'm behind on Falling Skies.
              sigpic
              Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
              Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
                Me, too. But when?????? All my favorite shows are apparently in the same season, although Revolution's coming back in the summer and Sinbad doesn't look too bad. I think I'm behind on Falling Skies.
                Probably around the same time, so I'm guessing April 2014.

Comment

Yep. I'd say March or April next year.

This is probably going to be one of those shows that I will be thankful for the shorter seasons, cause it means more money can be spent on each episode. While it means fewer episodes, we get higher quality, and that was one of the best things about this show.
                  sigpic

Comment

*jumps up and down*

I completely loved this serie's and I'm just so happy it comes back for a new season
                    sigpic

Me @ Livejournal, Youtube, Tumblr Deviant-art and my band: Alantia

Comment

I did not even think about looking for this in the context of everything concerning Comic Con, but I discovered it by accident.

*POTENTIAL* Spoilers for season 2. I know what you're thinking: "It's a teaser, surely they won't reveal much".

If you watch it you will understand.

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                        Ah! I knew that was coming. Rollo wants the power. Is that part of the first new episode? What happens to Floki? I like him, he's kinda delightfully crazy. Is that a thing?

Is it a spoiler if I ask something about the show in relation to a real historical person one of the characters is based on?
                        sigpic
                        Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                          Spoiler:
                          Ah! I knew that was coming. Rollo wants the power. Is that part of the first new episode? What happens to Floki? I like him, he's kinda delightfully crazy. Is that a thing?
                          Spoiler:
                          Seems like he will die a warrior's death at the hand of Rollo. Sad to see, I really liked Floki.

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                          Is it a spoiler if I ask something about the show in relation to a real historical person one of the characters is based on?
                          I don't consider it a spoiler, but I guess if you're not familiar with Viking history and just watch the show cause it's cool... I don't know, it might be. *shrug*

Comment

Concerning the trailer I posted on page two

Spoiler:
                            I do not think Floki was killed. If you pause at the right moment it looks like Rollo is knocking him out with a stick or broken axe or something. Here's a picture (I had to crop it a lot to make the forum accept it, sorry).

There is clearly no blade or sharp edge on that, so unless it's before they add it digitally along with a badly messed up Floki face or something, I think Floki is just getting knocked out
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                              Concerning the trailer I posted on page two

Spoiler:
                              I do not think Floki was killed. If you pause at the right moment it looks like Rollo is knocking him out with a stick or broken axe or something. Here's a picture (I had to crop it a lot to make the forum accept it, sorry).

There is clearly no blade or sharp edge on that, so unless it's before they add it digitally along with a badly messed up Floki face or something, I think Floki is just getting knocked out
                              Nice cropping skills!

Spoiler:
                              Usually shows don't reveal major character deaths in trailers. Though whatever the outcome is, History is pretty smart with that trailer because now everyone is talking about it.
                              sigpic

Comment

I can't wait for more Vikings. I downloaded the soundtrack, keeps me in the Viking-mood.

Comment

Working...
                                X