Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vikings: News/Discussion ( & Season 4 trailer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sigpic

Comment

I'm mad. Not at the producers particularly though it was a weak episode, but at the people in charge of marketing. They said this was going to be the "battle we have been waiting for" and...nothing.

It's clear the budget was put towards the battle between Wessex/Mercia and the Heathen Army. I just wish they had been honest.

And do the writers think we care about love triangles, particularly a LITERAL one with a devil's threeway between the brothers? I'm kind of tired of all the sharing of loved ones between the principal characters

This isn't Game of Thrones.
      sigpic

Comment

Yeah, as the clock ticked down I was like 'ok, so gonna be a TBC battle?'

then boom, it was over.

As to GOT
        Spoiler:
        well we got the flayed man so the Frey's are represented, and we have the, not incest, but certainly too close sexual relations of the two brothers so....getting there
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I thought it was an okay finale and the trailer for season 5 has me pumped but...
          Spoiler:

Seriously. Sigurd is ******* important to history. Ivar, Bjorn, and Sigurd all go on to found lasting kingdoms, while (if I remember correctly) Ubbe is the one to mostly stay in England with the continuous raiding and pillaging by the Great Heathen Army. The only son that seems to be unimportant is Hvitserk...so why didn't they kill him?

This is kind of frustrating because the show has shown they are willing to bend history a bit for the sake of the story but this just outright breaks it.
          Last edited by Skydiver; 03 February 2017, 04:00 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I didn't know the total history but wondered
            Spoiler:
            when one of the sons were killed.

It has pretty much all transitioned to the next generation now. We'll see how long lagatha lasts in season 5. (I didnt' see the trailer, wasn't watching Six so didn't care)

Interesting to see Jonathan Rhys Meyers in there....so King Henry makes an appearance....or Michael Hirst wnats to give an old friend a job.

We'll see what season 5 brings

sigpic

Comment

Season 5 Promo
              sigpic

Comment

Looks like it will at least be entertaining.

Im still concerned about this show's slide in quality. This used to be THE show to watch and now for me it's slipping. It does not help that The Last Kingdom had a FANTASTIC second season and it covers roughly the same time period.

I don't know...The show is still decent but the last twenty episodes have nothing on the previous twenty nine. They really need to trim the cast and focus on what they used to...Kill of Lagertha (her story is done), end the conflict between the Vikings, and set sight on conquering more of England and France.
                sigpic

Comment

I guess it all depends on what history said they did.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Forgot to say it earlier, but season 5 starts on November 29th.

Comment

Well the show already broke history by killing Sigurd (seriously that is like, the one brother you CAN'T kill) and they are bending history with too many shield maidens (seriously? An entire army of them? Give me a break) and many other things.

The series is still popular enough that they can change it around but I'm not sure at this point.

I'm not even upset that Ragnar died like many others...I think the show should be able to be fine without him. It's the overall writing that needs work. A lot of the magic of the show is gone now...even combat is boring!
                      Last edited by Gen. Chris; 22 July 2017, 05:49 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

At least Ragnar died like he was supposed to.....although the UK only has 1 kind of native snake i believe, instead of the multiple varieties that were in that pit

sigpic

Comment

I can't comment on most of season 4 cause I haven't actually caught up with it, but personally the more shieldmaidens the better.
                          Gives me loads of costume replicating ideas -- for pure selfish reasons, the more options the better.

Comment

I'm glad you enjoy it but it's rage inducing that they can't at least pick stunt actresses that weigh more than a hundred pounds. Seeing a character like Torvi over power (through strength, not speed) a 200 pound man who had likely trained extensively in combat for years is...not right. Even in TV shows when they have skinny dude warriors they give them speedy kinds of fighting styles rather than strenth-based fighting styles because that is realistic.

It does not help that fight choreography has gone downhill partly...I'm not sure if the director or choreographer were sleeping or they just could not do the same quality fighting because of the high number of females in the scene but the fight between Lagertha and the invaders at Kattegat near the end of the season was embarrassing for the show, especially compared to earlier battles from the series.

And the whole thing with...I don't even remember her name...Lagertha's girlfriend sleeping with both her AND Bejorn is...icky. Really icky.

I miss when there were still legitimate forms of girl empowerment in the show that were at least realistic to the time period. I really liked Lagertha at the beginning of the series, but her story is done, she's plain unlikeable now, and I feel like they are dragging things out with her.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            At least Ragnar died like he was supposed to.....although the UK only has 1 kind of native snake i believe, instead of the multiple varieties that were in that pit
                            That's true. That was a beautiful scene. Well acted from both Travis Fimmel and Linus Roach (silently). I'm disappointed Fimmel was not considered for an Emmy this year but I fear Vikings will never be recognized for it's really good acting with its main guy gone.
                            sigpic

Comment

Vikings renewed for a twenty episode 6th season ahead of it's fifth season premier

I gotta be honest...The more I think about season 4 the less I like it. If they had produced it like they had the previous seasons it could have continued to be great, and there WERE good moments. But the slide in quality is obvious...It's still entertaining, but season 4 is kind of like the fifth season of game of thrones...Meh.

Now if they can turn it around? Great! But the criticisms of season 4 came out too late to really affect season 5's production and the same will happen this year with season 6 if it starts shooting soon.

I really want to show back to the way it was...It was so interesting and full of fun and exploration in season 1-3...Now it just feels like standard fare with poorer fighting (seriously the raid on Kattegat this year was ******* EMBARRASSING for it battle-production wise, and the following battle with the Great Heathen Army was disappointing). And while it has always bent history slightly by condensing it to make all the cool stuff happen sooner, the outright breaking of history with the death of Sigurd is...concerning.

I hope it gets better. I love the period, and if Last Kingdom does not survive (still has not been renewed) I will be sad.
                              sigpic

Comment

Oh goddess, I seriously need to catch up with this.

Comment

Working...
                                X