Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vikings: News/Discussion ( & Season 4 trailer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sigpic

Comment

I really hope this season is good, I see lots of potential. I do hope they don't deviate too far from accepted histories of Ragnar's sons...from the ones that remain alive at least.
      sigpic

Comment

Ahahahaha...They already ****ed that up. Sigurd was like the most important one of the five brothers. They could have had a meaningful death in killing of Lagertha or someone else that has been around forever (seriously, the show is too crowded) or even killed of Hvitserk cause he's just kind of...there. But nah...kill off Sigurd.
        sigpic

Comment

Sigurd's history is less concrete than many of the other "sons of Ragnar" so while I agree that killing him was unfortunate I don't know that is muddies up the history quite as much as some other sons. I'm not a history buff though so maybe it does.
          sigpic

Comment

Woot! Roku's History Channel app thingy has current episodes! I was afraid I'd have to wait until it was available on Amazon Prime.
            Last edited by Everlovin; 19 September 2018, 06:18 AM.
            sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

I recently looked up the history of the Kings of Wessex and an entry on wikipedia says:

"In the 20th century Æthelwulf's reputation among historians was poor: he was seen as excessively pious and impractical, and his pilgrimage was viewed as a desertion of his duties. Historians in the 21st century see him very differently, as a king who consolidated and extended the power of his dynasty, commanded respect on the continent, and dealt more effectively than most of his contemporaries with Viking attacks. He is regarded as one of the most successful West Saxon kings, who laid the foundations for the success of his son, Alfred the Great."

Seems like the Vikings aren't the only ones with whom they are playing fast and loose with the historical source material.
              "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

I haven't been following this season at all but...is it as bad (comparatively) as I have been hearing?
                sigpic

Comment

It’s so much family drama now
                  Spoiler:
                  with the predicitbility of Ivar’s craziness and brother vs brother, not as entrhralling as it used to be. If this is the last season this would be good thing
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I would say this season has been ok, but not the same for sure...I do enjoy some aspects still.
                    sigpic

Comment

I've skipped over reading this thread for the moment as I'm playing catchup, and still on Season 2 (having recently watched the episode where King Borg(?) had his back sliced open and his lungs removed. Apparently resistance was indeed futile. So much for King Horik and co stating they'd help him escape, though I'm sure there reasons for not doing so will be revealed soon enough.

As you were!
                      sigpic

Comment

Think I am done. A full season devoted to "Civil War" and no one of importance dies, especially Lagertha, whose time should have ended last season with Ragnar.

What a shame. This show had a fantastic first 30-ish episodes and a disappointing (with few exceptions) subsequent 30-ish episodes.
                        sigpic

Comment

Well...****...I'm getting hyped again.

But I know I will be disappointed...again.

Guess I will wait until the whole half season is done before watching this one too.
                          sigpic

Comment

Whelp.

It's still terrible.

But some good news: Season 6 will be its last, with a spinoff being pursued

This has been suspected now for I think like 2 months. Extras and other people have been talking about it on social media so it's nice to have it be confirmed.

Future spoilers (I'm not kidding)
                            Spoiler:
                            The final cast + crew photo shows the walls of Kattegat adorned with the standards of Harald, so I'm assuming that is the ultimate end to this series

While in a way I'm sad to see it go I honestly think it has vastly overstayed its welcome by this point. And if the same writers are involved in the spinoff I'm not certain I would want to watch that to be honest.
                            sigpic

Comment

Last episode
                              Spoiler:
                              I think this is the first time I'm enjoying the whole Iceland soap opera, I was actually really surprised to see Edge (the big bulky Viking is an old WWE wrestler) go full revenge on the other family. Absolutely barbaric and brutal.

Having re-watched the whole series this year, I realized just how good the first seasons (1-2 most of 3) were compared to now. To be honest, I've been mad ever since Athelstan was killed off and hated Floki with a passion ever since. Even with all the bad press this season has been getting, I'm still enjoying the show so I'll probably watch the spin-off after S06.

The last (or the one before that?) episode depicting the battle of Morton was beautiful, loved the flashfowards of Alfred giving his speech mixed with an incredibly beautiful soundtrack.
                              Spoiler:
                              I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

It's a shame the battles are just so poorly choreographed compared to earlier...the first 3 seasons were just amazing. But I did watch just the clip of Marton. Shame they ultimately wasted JRM on such ****ty writing but the historical bishop DOES die there.

But...I recently read that season will have the Varangians. Too little too late but I'm assuming that is where the continuation will be. I would ****ing LOVE a Byzantine Empire series featuring them but I'm not sure the budget could handle that
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X