Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vikings: News/Discussion ( & Season 4 trailer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vikings: News/Discussion ( & Season 4 trailer)

March 3rd is when it airs in the United States and Canada I believe, and it is produced by The History Channel and other companies.

After watching Hatfields and McCoys last year, I was really hoping that History would do more shows like it. It looks like my hopes have been answered.

I have been talking to a guy who was (supposedly) an extra in the show (on another site), who had talked to many of the other extras. One of those extras had been in both Game of Thrones and Braveheart, while many of the others had been in Game of Thrones. All were highly impressed with the production values of this venture, which can only mean good things coming from GoT and Braveheart veterans. Also, the show is being produced by Michael Hirst, who was behind The Tudors and The Borgias, two well produced Showtime shows.

Here's a link concerning part of the production concerning longships

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news...-26887894.html

And here's the wiki link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vikings_(TV_series)
    sigpic

I've seen previews for this on History Channel. It looks pretty cool. I was hoping after History did the miniseries, Mankind: The Story of All of Us, that they were going to be doing something just as good, perhaps even better, I would watch. When I saw the previews for this, I was and still am, excited to watch this.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
      [video=youtube;cBTCmLcDRKg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBTCmLcDRKg[/ video]

March 3rd is when it airs in the United States and Canada I believe, and it is produced by The History Channel and other companies.

After watching Hatfields and McCoys last year, I was really hoping that History would do more shows like it. It looks like my hopes have been answered.

I have been talking to a guy who was (supposedly) an extra in the show (on another site), who had talked to many of the other extras. One of those extras had been in both Game of Thrones and Braveheart, while many of the others had been in Game of Thrones. All were highly impressed with the production values of this venture, which can only mean good things coming from GoT and Braveheart veterans. Also, the show is being produced by Michael Hirst, who was behind The Tudors and The Borgias, two well produced Showtime shows.

Here's a link concerning part of the production concerning longships

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news...-26887894.html

And here's the wiki link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vikings_(TV_series)
      Thanks for sharing. The video piqued my interest and now I'm wondering how this documentary's going to be done.
      Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

It's not a documentary. It's a drama.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
          It's not a documentary. It's a drama.
          OK that's even more exciting then.
          Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

I've seen a few ads for that. It looks awesome.
            sigpic
            Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Still can't wait to see it. On another note, I have the song that they're using in that promo. Good song.
                sigpic

Comment

I don't look forward to too many shows, but this is on that short list.
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                  Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Airs tomorrow. Not quite sure of the time. Hope it is not on during The Walking Dead.
                    sigpic

Comment

According to the website, 10 PM.
                      sigpic
                      Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

It looks like it's only going to be on for an hour at a time (I assume). Unfortunately it will be airing during a couple of other shows that I watch. I will however, watch it later on tonight.
                        sigpic

Comment

Thoughts?

Personally, I loved it. Beautifully shot, and really well done so far I think.
                          sigpic

Comment

I enjoyed it as well. Better than the miniseries that's airing before it. For that miniseries, it's just something I don't believe in.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing more episodes. I also heard that it's supposed to be a regular series, though I could be wrong.
                            sigpic

Comment

I watched the first episode. I liked it a lot, and I'm looking forward to the next episode.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X