Virtual Series Prospect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virtual Series Prospect

Hello people. I've not posted or been on gateworld much recently so I doubt anyone will recognise me. Anyway, I'm just checking in here to see what the status of virtual series writing is like. I have an old idea which I've recently considered again and I'd really like to get rolling. However it's a lot of work and I'd like some other writers to join me.

I used to be on the Stargate: Horizon staff team so I have a fair idea of what I'm doing and how getting scripts together works. Is there anyone out there interested in something like this?

Story wise, well there's a lot to talk about but I want to keep this short. The main focus of it would be exploring the past of the stargates, the alliance and expanding on the replicators. It would feature a lot more characters than just a point team, would be a lot darker than other stargate series and would have a greater focus on larger arcs than just stand alone stories.

So, hit me with feedback.

I've never been involved with a virtual series, but I like the idea of featuring more characters, especially if some of them were the minor ones who didn't get a lot of screen time *cough*Col Reynolds*cough* , and it does sound intriguing but I'm hesitant because I'm not sure that I'm a good enough writer. I think it might be kinda cool.
    sigpic
    McKay: A Bow and arrow, what is this, Lord of the Rings.
    Tony: Why do you think I call him Legolas.
    ff.net - a03 || Tumblr

Comment

I've seen some people (myself included) who didn't think they were good writers pull out some pretty good stuff.

As for character development, I did want to do it all as mini arcs, so each story would be 2-4 scripts. If that doesn't actually work, then a lot more two- and three-parters than you typically see. That extra space leaves more time for minor characters without taking time away from the main story.

Comment

Originally posted by Wineblood View Post
        I've seen some people (myself included) who didn't think they were good writers pull out some pretty good stuff.

As for character development, I did want to do it all as mini arcs, so each story would be 2-4 scripts. If that doesn't actually work, then a lot more two- and three-parters than you typically see. That extra space leaves more time for minor characters without taking time away from the main story.
        Admittedly I've never actually written a script or done anything like this before, but I'd kinda like to give it a go maybe. And hey, who knows, maybe it'll help me with my writing.
        sigpic
        McKay: A Bow and arrow, what is this, Lord of the Rings.
        Tony: Why do you think I call him Legolas.
        ff.net - a03 || Tumblr

Comment

I've heard script can be hard for people who have been doing traditional prose for a while. It took me a while to get used to reading as well. The key difference is that script is generally designed to give you a more visual description as it's meant to guide camera shots. It's been a while since I've written script but it's just easier to "see".

Comment

Working...
          X