Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Eli fix the Stasis pod or come up with another solution?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts?

I think he may of used the Shuttle and modified it with parts from the broken pod to jerry-rig the Shuttle into being a stasis pod in the rear hatch.

What solutions would you use for the 2 weeks he had left?

Fixing the pod would be too easy and too boring for a season opener. I suspect he would have stored himself in the gate like Teal'c then left instruction to get him out in the form of Ginn or something.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
      Fixing the pod would be too easy and too boring for a season opener. I suspect he would have stored himself in the gate like Teal'c then left instruction to get him out in the form of Ginn or something.
      Ginn?? If they had Ginn, wouldn't they, like use it on GINN??

I always thought Eli used the "Franklin Procedure".
      "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

This has been my thinking for a while too - blacklist every other gate out there, set the gate to store the matter stream in the buffer and then reactivate when the ship arrives or there is an emergency etc.

I started on a fanfic where Eli is woken and finds another seed ship - I was going to put him in a seed ship gate myself but I've still not written that part yet

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
          I always thought Eli used the "Franklin Procedure".
          What and leave himself without a body? - What would be the point of that?

The stargate can actually hold the matter stream indefinitely (no need for oxygen or life support) so this is the most viable option. Seeing as no-one other than earth will try to dial the destiny the gate would be safe but a blacklist on the gate would secure eli.

For all we know, what with destiny being hooked directly into the gate, the stream may be transferrable to destiny itself.

Comment

I like the storing in buffer idea.
            But it doesn't seem realistic, Eli only has limited knowledge on how the Gates work.

He watched a SGC doco by Daniel I doubt it would of covered that.

He could of used the stones to go back to Earth as much as he wanted for information and second opinions.

I really doubt the Eli being integrated into the Destiny would of flown though, he was the main character they wouldn't have him run around without a real body.

Comment

Originally posted by SilenceOz View Post
              I like the storing in buffer idea.
              But it doesn't seem realistic, Eli only has limited knowledge on how the Gates work.
              But he does have a good understanding of digital technologies so why would he not think about it?

Even your computer that you're using has buffers all over the place for filestream usage. When your browser downloaded this forum page it was stored in a buffer temporarily until it had finished downloading.

Comment

Ginn?? If they had Ginn, wouldn't they, like use it on GINN??
                I'm not sure what you mean.

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean.
                  If they had access to a healthy Ginn body, wouldn't they transfer Ginn's consciousness from the Destiny mainframe over to Ginn's body??

As for "the Franklin Procedure", I believe it'd be possible to re-construct the body. This is Ancient tech after all. The only reason I think they didn't use it to restore Franklin was because he was technically dead.
                  "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

If they had access to a healthy Ginn body
                    Nobody said anything about a "healthy Ginn body".

Comment

I don't know if I would store myself in the gate buffer, just because if the Lucian Alliance managed to dial Destiny again, it would erase me. If I could develop a workaround in Destiny's dialing computer to prevent incoming wormholes of any nature, then I'd do it. Although by that same token, if I were in a stasis pod and the Lucie's dialed Destiny, I'd probably be dead from that too unless they failed to discover the stasis room.

Otherwise, I probably would've used the communications stones to collaborate on Earth with folks like Carter and McKay to fix the stasis pod. Who knows, maybe they could use Atlantis' Holo Room to create or look up schematics for Destiny's stasis pods and figure out the areas that need to be addressed and how.

Comment

Wouldn't the genius that is Eli be able to come up with a way of setting the gate so that it thinks it's already dialled, or similar, to prevent another incoming connection?

Comment

Originally posted by Aesop View Post
                          Otherwise, I probably would've used the communications stones to collaborate on Earth with folks like Carter and McKay to fix the stasis pod. Who knows, maybe they could use Atlantis' Holo Room to create or look up schematics for Destiny's stasis pods and figure out the areas that need to be addressed and how.

That was my thoughts as well,
                          Eli could of used the Stones to speak to anyone on Earth or have someone from Atlantis gate over to brain storm ideas.
                          Or ask Atlantis Knowledge base hologram for advice.

The only problem I have is that I doubt Atlantis would have much more info on the pod's than Destiny does as they only seemed to be used on Destiny and Atlantis has a different sort.

Comment

Originally posted by Aesop View Post
                            I don't know if I would store myself in the gate buffer, just because if the Lucian Alliance managed to dial Destiny again, it would erase me.
                            We know from Atlantis (as I've already pointed out, that the gates can operate on a blacklist or whitelist and have addresses rejected or accepted. This is how the wraith never managed to dial into Atlantis in the 10k years that it was submerged - because Earth was the only address on the whitelist.

We also know that gates can be turned on and off. Eli demonstrated this and used it to signal the Destiny in morse code when the drones had cleared off.

We also know that Destiny is hard wired to its own gate via the dialling terminals.

I think its safe to assume that Eli could turn off any transmission or reception while being stored in it.

Comment

Originally posted by SilenceOz View Post
                              The only problem I have is that I doubt Atlantis would have much more info on the pod's than Destiny does as they only seemed to be used on Destiny and Atlantis has a different sort.
                              Well, maybe nobody has known what to look for on Atlantis' database, we know that until the crew actually reached Destiny, nobody had a clue what the nine chevron address was actually going to accomplish. It's possible now that the Tau'ri have knowledge of Destiny, that inputting the proper inquiry into the database would turn up some results.

Originally posted by Energizer_Vs_ZPM View Post
                              We know from Atlantis (as I've already pointed out, that the gates can operate on a blacklist or whitelist and have addresses rejected or accepted. This is how the wraith never managed to dial into Atlantis in the 10k years that it was submerged - because Earth was the only address on the whitelist.

We also know that gates can be turned on and off. Eli demonstrated this and used it to signal the Destiny in morse code when the drones had cleared off.

We also know that Destiny is hard wired to its own gate via the dialling terminals.

I think its safe to assume that Eli could turn off any transmission or reception while being stored in it.
                              Who knows if the ability to blacklist gates is even available with Destiny's gate technology, Atlantis' gates are the newest incarnation of them and it's also the only place we've seen other gates blacklisted (that I can remember). Also, consider that Destiny's address is an access code, so it's really no different than the Atlantis Expedition dialing the city from Earth. The right factors were in play and the wormhole was established.

Now, I don't doubt Eli's ability (especially if he communicated with Earth to collaborate) to block even a nine-chevron dial attempt, but that would in theory block everyone including our own people which would probably wouldn't be very wise.

Comment

Working...
                              X