Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Clone Wars: Season 6 (spoilers/discussion/speculation)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quite liked the jar jar episodes, the order 66 arc was really good, but the whole banking clan arc was a bit dull wasnt it

Comment

A bit, yeah. Though I did enjoy both

Spoiler:
      - Anakin flipping out and beating the snot out of Clovis. Yeah it made Anakin seem like a jealous, immature knob, but I liked seeing him succumb to anger. And I don't like Clovis, so I appreciated seeing him get clobbered.

- The ending, with the banking clan coming under the direct authority of the Chancellor
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        6.10 "The Lost One"
        Spoiler:
        THIS MEANS SOMETHING - The mysterious opening sandstorm sequence on the Oba Diah moon was staged as a tribute to a similar sequence in Steven Spielberg's 1977 film Close Encounters of the Third Kind. As a further nod to Spielberg's distinct visual style, the night sky over the moon features a shooting star.

SIFO DIAS? - Sifo-Dyas' case file, 127456, reads: "Jedi Master Sifo Dias [sic] died while trying to negotiate a peace between tribes on Felucia. He was aboard Jedi T6 shuttle 77519 when it crashed. Much of the information surrounding his death remains confidential under the office of the Chancellor. It is believed his body was eventually recovered and cremated by the Felucian tribes in accordance with Jedi custom. For this reason there has been little evidence which confirms the location [of] his disappearance. Further inspection in the matter may be authorized at a future date."

TYRANUS REVEALED - This episode marks the moment when the Jedi finally discover Dooku's Sith name of Tyranus. It is here where the Jedi surmise that the Sith were involved in the creation of the clone army, as the name Tyranus was whom Jango Fett identified as his mysterious benefactor in Attack of the Clones.

WELL AWARE - This episode makes it clear that the Jedi were not completely ignorant of the mysterious circumstances surrounding the creation of the clone army. Rather than be completely oblivious to their fate (a notion expressed in some earlier books) the Jedi in truth were aware of a plot by war's end, but were helpless to unveil it or stop it in time.

THANKFULLY FOR OUR HEROES, THERE ARE REWRITES - An earlier version of the story spent some screen-time on Felucia following the investigation there. This version would have shown that the violent tribal disputes were between Felucians of the more savage designs seen in Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, and not the gentle farmer designs seen previously in Star Wars: The Clone Wars.

6.11 "Voices"
        Spoiler:
        GALACTIC HITS - Composer Kevin Kiner makes effective use of Qui-Gon's theme (first heard in Episode I) and Yoda's theme (from Episode V) at key moments in this episode.

MORTIS MENTION - While contemplating the mystery of Qui-Gon's voice, Yoda asks Anakin about the incident on Mortis, seen in Season Three of the series. It is important to note that, although sensors indicate no time had passed while the Jedi ventured into Mortis, and some of Anakin's visions experienced there were erased, the mysterious event did happen, and Obi-Wan, Ahsoka, and Anakin did report their encounters to the Jedi Council.

AT THE CENTER = During the communal meditation scene, the Jedi Council chamber was based in the center spire of the Jedi Temple, as opposed to one of the outer spires as seen in Episode I and other episodes.

EARLY DESIGNS - The design of Rig Nema is based on early Episode I concept art of Jedi Mace Windu.

THE DEATH OF SHAAK TI - Clear in Yoda's visions is the confrontation between Sidious and the Jedi who attempted to arrest the Supreme Chancellor, including the electrocution of Mace. Also visible is the death of Shaak Ti by Anakin Skywalker's blade, a scene shot but ultimately edited out of Revenge of the Sith.

6.12 "Destiny"
        Spoiler:
        WARS NOT MAKE ONE GREAT - Yoda's confidence in his own ability and knowledge as he begins his journey is reminiscent of Luke Skywalker's certainty when he meets Yoda on Dagobah. This episode exposes Yoda to many of the key lessons that he would later impart to Luke, including the philosophy of serenity and peace over war. This episode bridges the reality of Yoda the battlefield general of the prequels to Yoda, the one who dismisses war in The Empire Strikes Back.

TRAGIC PREMONITION - As Yoda walks through the ruined Jedi Temple hallway, an echo of the "Battle of the Heroes" theme from Episode III can be heard.

THAT TIME WITH THE TERENTATEKS Count Dooku discusses an encounter with a terentatek on Kashyyyk. Terentateks were fearsome creatures first introduced into Star Wars lore in the 2003 game, Knights of the Old Republic.

REUNION - Among the Jedi gathered on the Temple training grounds in Yoda's idyllic vision are Quinlan Vos, Saesee Tiin, Mace Windu, Ahsoka Tano, Gungi, Tera Sinube, Aayla Secura, Anakin Skywalker, Kit Fisto, Eeth Koth, Ganodi, Ran Deezy, Zatt, Byph, Tiplar, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Shaak Ti, Adi Gallia, Barriss Offee, Knox, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Qui-Gon Jinn, and Dooku.

MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE - When the serene Force Priestess pulls her mask off to reveal empty robes, it is meant to be reminiscent of Obi-Wan's empty robes falling when he is struck down by Darth Vader in Episode IV.

6.13 "Sacrifice"
        Spoiler:
        WHAT'S IN A NAME? - At the start of story development, the Sith world was called Korriban, but George Lucas preferred to change its name to Moraband. A world so ancient could have been known by different names in different eras.

DARTH BANE REVEALED - George Lucas created Darth Bane during the development of the backstory for Episode I, though this episode is the first time he has appeared on screen. An earlier incarnation of Bane appeared in the comics and novels of the Expanded Universe, and this one nearly appeared as an apparition on Mortis in Season Three. The cutting of that sequence allowed for the character to undergo a redesign to define his canonical look, as well as allow the production to cast Mark Hamill as the voice of the legendary Sith.

AFFORDABLE FASHION - Dooku's sparring uniform debuts in this episode, and not only afforded the Sith Lord a new look, but also helped aid the show's budget. With costly simulations throughout this episode -- the smoky Sith apparitions, Bane's fiery form, and the cloaks of Yoda, Sidious, and the Priestesses -- Dooku's cloak would have nudged the episode beyond its restrictions.

TALKIN' BALC - In the script, Sidious' incantation is said to be "Balc speech," and is written as follows: "Kintik hadzuska sutta chwituskak! Kintik hadzuska sutta chwituskak! Jiaasjen Jidai, jiassjen Jidai!"

I can't help but note that the "DARTH BANE REVEALED" trivia is actually a whole bunch of nonsense. Lucas didn't create Darth Bane--Bane was dreamed up by EU author Drew Karpyshyn, and used to fix the contradiction in dialogue between ANH and AOTC ("a thousand generations" vs. "a thousand years"). Further -- there was never any talk of Darth Bane appearing in the Mortis episodes, it was Darth Revan who was going to appear before being cut.
        Indeed its quite frustrating to see these blatant errors, especially the Darth Bane bit. Its seems Disney and Lucasfilm are going to erase the EU to the point where the stuff kept in will be regarded as creations of Lord Lucas. I'm going to be bitter about this EU "erasing" for a long time...

But The Lost Missions were great! The Order 66 and Yoda arcs are some of the best episodes of the entire show. I loved getting alot of Dooku and Sidious as well. Especially Dooku.

EDIT: Well apparently Lucas did create Bane and he was mentioned in The Phantom Menace novelization. As going by what Wookieepedia says.
        Last edited by Replicator Todd; 11 March 2014, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Just finished the Jar Jar episodes, enjoyed them funnily enough...
          I think Mace Windu was the best partner for him because he sort of conveys the audience's feelings for Jar Jar...

Comment

Are these available or will be available on DVD? My kids have the first 5 seasons on DVD and want to complete the collection.
            Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
              Are these available or will be available on DVD? My kids have the first 5 seasons on DVD and want to complete the collection.
              Not at the moment, no, but then these did just appear on Netflix 3 weeks ago.

I want to complete my set too, so I'm also looking forward to news of a home video release!
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

i'm slowly watching through the final season, it's not bad so far not great tho, but it's nice to get a final send off, next episode i watch will be episode 8
                Last Movie Watched
                X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  Not at the moment, no, but then these did just appear on Netflix 3 weeks ago.

I want to complete my set too, so I'm also looking forward to news of a home video release!
                  Same here.
                  I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Just finished it, last 4 episodes were some of the best of the whole show great homages to episode 3
                    Last Movie Watched
                    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                    Life is Strange

Comment

Working...
                    X