Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 39 of 39
  1. #21
    Lieutenant General DigiFluid's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    18,457

    Default Re: The Clone Wars: Season 6 (spoilers/discussion/speculation)

    In case there's any fans out there who haven't heard yet, Season 6 "The Lost Missions" is coming to Netflix on March 7. It will be made up of 13 completed episodes, all to be made available on the same day. Episodes include:

    6.01 The Unknown
    6.02 Conspiracy
    6.03 Fugitive
    6.04 Orders
    6.05 An Old Friend
    6.06 The Rise of Clovis
    6.07 Crisis at the Heart
    6.08 The Disappeared, Part I
    6.09 The Disappeared, Part II
    6.10 The Lost One
    6.11 Voices
    6.12 Destiny
    6.13 Sacrifice

    • The first four of those will be the Order 66 arc
    • Episodes 5-7 are the Clovis arc, previously scheduled to be part of Season 5 before being bumped from the order and lost until now
    • The "Disappeared" two-parter is the Sifo-Dyas story we'd heard about previously (and, incidentally, the series' first Part 1/Part 2 titling)
    • Episodes 10-13 are the previously noted Yoda storyline. Without getting into spoilers I've come across, I will tease you by saying that a big guest star makes their second appearance in the series in these episodes



    In addition to all this good stuff, a bit of good news/bad news as well: the Darth Maul story will be getting a separate resolution. Apparently they had completed scripts for a set of stories which would bring that storyline to an end, and it was to be the Season 6 finale. With the show's cancellation and the episodes not yet having entered production, TV as a possibility was scrapped for depicting it. Instead the scripts are being used to write a comic, Darth Maul—Son of Dathomir, which will be a four-issue limited series. Its first issue is slated for publication on May 21 2014.
    "Not every movie is for you. Not every TV show is for you. Not every song is for you. Find the things you like, and like them. Go nuts liking them. A thing ISN’T for you? Cool. Go find something you like. That’s it. That’s as complicated as it should be." -- David Blue

  2. #22
    Goalkeeper mandogater's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Clan Skirata's redoubt
    Posts
    16,261

    Default Re: The Clone Wars: Season 6 (spoilers/discussion/speculation)

    Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    In case there's any fans out there who haven't heard yet, Season 6 "The Lost Missions" is coming to Netflix on March 7. It will be made up of 13 completed episodes, all to be made available on the same day. Episodes include:

    6.01 The Unknown
    6.02 Conspiracy
    6.03 Fugitive
    6.04 Orders
    6.05 An Old Friend
    6.06 The Rise of Clovis
    6.07 Crisis at the Heart
    6.08 The Disappeared, Part I
    6.09 The Disappeared, Part II
    6.10 The Lost One
    6.11 Voices
    6.12 Destiny
    6.13 Sacrifice

    • The first four of those will be the Order 66 arc
    • Episodes 5-7 are the Clovis arc, previously scheduled to be part of Season 5 before being bumped from the order and lost until now
    • The "Disappeared" two-parter is the Sifo-Dyas story we'd heard about previously (and, incidentally, the series' first Part 1/Part 2 titling)
    • Episodes 10-13 are the previously noted Yoda storyline. Without getting into spoilers I've come across, I will tease you by saying that a big guest star makes their second appearance in the series in these episodes



    In addition to all this good stuff, a bit of good news/bad news as well: the Darth Maul story will be getting a separate resolution. Apparently they had completed scripts for a set of stories which would bring that storyline to an end, and it was to be the Season 6 finale. With the show's cancellation and the episodes not yet having entered production, TV as a possibility was scrapped for depicting it. Instead the scripts are being used to write a comic, Darth Maul—Son of Dathomir, which will be a four-issue limited series. Its first issue is slated for publication on May 21 2014.
    Thanks for posting this, Digi. I'll have to keep an eye out for them.
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

    Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

  3. #23
    Colonel Teddybrown's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Somewhere in the Seven Kingdoms
    Posts
    6,031

    Default Re: The Clone Wars: Season 6 (spoilers/discussion/speculation)

    Anyone watched these yet?

  4. #24
    Lieutenant General DigiFluid's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    18,457

    Default Re: The Clone Wars: Season 6 (spoilers/discussion/speculation)

    I finished 'em off last night. It's a damned bloody shame that they wasted time on TWO Jar Jar episodes rather than finishing off their Darth Maul story, but other than that these episodes were really good.
    "Not every movie is for you. Not every TV show is for you. Not every song is for you. Find the things you like, and like them. Go nuts liking them. A thing ISN’T for you? Cool. Go find something you like. That’s it. That’s as complicated as it should be." -- David Blue

  5. #25
    Colonel Teddybrown's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Somewhere in the Seven Kingdoms
    Posts
    6,031

    Default Re: The Clone Wars: Season 6 (spoilers/discussion/speculation)

    Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    I finished 'em off last night. It's a damned bloody shame that they wasted time on TWO Jar Jar episodes rather than finishing off their Darth Maul story, but other than that these episodes were really good.
    Damn, two JJB episodes, thanks for the warning!

    Just finishing off the Order 66 storyline, shame this show isn't still on full time and we wont get a Maul resolution in it.

    Spoiler:
    Shame Fives had to die, but was nice to see some background to Order 66
    Last edited by Teddybrown; March 9th, 2014 at 10:51 AM.

  6. #26
    Lieutenant General DigiFluid's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    18,457

    Default Re: The Clone Wars: Season 6 (spoilers/discussion/speculation)

    Yeah I was sad to see him go too

    One thing I found especially intriguing about that storyline was that they managed to work that angle in, without explicitly trampling on the established explanation of Order 66. If anything, I think the TCW inclusion actually compliments Traviss' explanation.
    "Not every movie is for you. Not every TV show is for you. Not every song is for you. Find the things you like, and like them. Go nuts liking them. A thing ISN’T for you? Cool. Go find something you like. That’s it. That’s as complicated as it should be." -- David Blue

  7. #27
    Lieutenant General DigiFluid's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    18,457

    Default Re: The Clone Wars: Season 6 (spoilers/discussion/speculation)

    Oh I forgot! Trivia from the galleries on the SW website:


    6.01 "The Unknown"
    Spoiler:
    DRAWING RINGS AROUND THE WORLD - The concept of a ring-shaped space station that encircles an entire planet was first developed for Star Wars during the concept design phase of Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith.

    NO ONE RIVALS DOOM! - Clone Commander Doom's colors closely resemble that of classic Marvel Comics villain Doctor Doom. (Image)

    ALMOST SITH - Tiplee and Tiplar are based on concept design for a female Sith Lord that Iain McCaig developed for Episode II that ultimately was not used. (Image)

    TRENCH RUN - Admiral Trench was last seen in "Cat and Mouse," an episode from the first season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars that, chronologically, is the first story to occur in the series.

    FAMILIAR FRIGATE - Though it is described in dialog and in the script as a medical frigate, the vessel at the end designated 517 uses the standard Republic frigate animation model.

    DROID SHOULDER PADS - This episode debuts a new, updated design for the super battle droid rocket trooper. A more basic repaint of the standard droid was seen in the Season One episode, "Jedi Crash." This new design features custom rocket pods built into exaggerated shoulders, in a look that faintly echoes the female Zentraedi power armor from the Robotech animated series.


    6.02 "Conspiracy"
    Spoiler:
    WELCOME BACK - This marks Nala Se's first appearance since her role in the Malevolence trilogy at the start of Season One of the series. Her role is further fleshed out here, as it is revealed she was one of the principal engineers behind the clone army.

    JEDI TRAINING - Fives makes mention of being helped by Shaak Ti during his training. This is a reference to the Season Three episode "Clone Cadets."


    6.03 "Fugitive"
    Spoiler:
    GENETICALLY MODIFIED - The inhibitor chip, as Nala Se describes it, is consistent with what Lama Su says to Obi-Wan Kenobi during his first tour of the cloning facility in Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones. "We modified their genetic structure to make them less independent than the original host," says the Kaminoan prime minister. It is evident that this chip does far more than that.

    PROFESSORS BRIC AND EL-LES - Walking through the corridors of Tipoca City are the bounty hunter instructors Bric and El-Les, first seen in the Season Three episode "Clone Cadets."


    6.04 "Orders"
    Spoiler:
    OPERATION - The Grand Republic Medical Facility is the same towering structure seen at the end of Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith where Darth Vader is reconstructed in his cybernetic form. Though the room where Fives is examined is similar to the one where Vader is operated on, it is a different room that is more of an operating theater with observation seats along the walls.

    DR. DROID - Seen in the hospital entrance of the Grand Republic Medical Facility is an FX-7 droid design that matches the one seen in the Rebel medical bays in Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back.

    TAXI! - The Nimbanel taxi driver is Jay Igno, whose name is a nod to the Reverend Jim Ignatowski, Christopher Lloyd's memorable character from the classic sitcom, Taxi.

    PODRACING IN HD - Inside 79's, there is a Podrace is on screen, featuring a Balnab Podracer pilot.

    RAISE YOUR GLASSES - One of the rowdy clones at 79's raucously proposes a toast to the 212th. This is the same unit that Clone Commander Cody leads.


    6.05 "An Old Friend"
    Spoiler:
    SHRINKING WITH AGE - When Nix Card first appeared in "Heroes on Both Sides" in Season Three, his character model was much, much taller (2.46 meters tall). He was scaled down in this episode to better interact with more average-sized humans.

    PRESTO: THE RETURN OF RUSH - Senator Rush Clovis last appeared in "Senate Spy" in Season One.

    HELLO AGAIN - Mak Plain first appeared in "Pursuit of Peace" in Season Three.

    SWISS DESIGN - The imagery and symbols of the Banking Clan are strongly influenced by Switzerland, a nation known for its banks and wartime neutrality. The mountains of Scipio are not unlike the Swiss Alps, and the complex gears and inner workings of the vaults are nods to Swiss clockwork construction.

    PATRIOTIC NAME - According to the lettering on the side of his shuttle, Rush Clovis' transport is called the Scipio.

    BIG-NAME CLIENTS - According to the abbreviations on the data-screen of Clovis' evidence, the bankrupt corporations of the Banking Clan include Dynamic Synergetics Incorporated, Telex-Delcor, Hunvicko, Sienar Fleet Systems, Sartran Corporation, and the Corellian Chemical Corporation.

    HE'S NO JEDI - Clovis thinks Anakin is just a pilot because that's how he first saw him, in the episode "Senate Spy," posing as Padmé Amidala's personal pilot.


    6.06 "The Rise of Clovis"
    Spoiler:
    [b]HOME DECORATING - In Anakin's quarters, there's a poster celebrating the sport of Podracing that includes an image of Sebulba and Ben Quadinaros, old competitors from the Podrace seen in Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace.

    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON - Anakin also keeps a model starship (which is a prototype Jedi interceptor) in his room, and absentmindedly plays with it, much like Luke Skywalker does with his T-16 model a generation later.

    SIMPLIFIED MESSAGE - Originally, the scene of the medical droid producing a holographic message of Dooku to Clovis was more complicated: it was a holographic droid, much like PROXY from Star Wars: The Force Unleashed that was to deliver the message, first by appearing as a medical droid, and then becoming a full-body hologram of Count Dooku.

    WHO SAID WHAT NOW? - Though the script and end credits identify Senator Zinn Paulness as speaking during Clovis' attempt to secure a nomination from the Senate, it is actually Senator Mot-Not Rab who says "How can we trust you?"


    6.07 "Crisis at the Heart"
    Spoiler:
    THE MIGHTY THORN - With his wing-adorned helmet and a rotating blaster called the "Hammer," Clone Commander Thorn is a nod toward the classic Marvel Comics superhero, Thor.

    ONE STEP AHEAD - The super tactical droid known as Kraken has either recovered from his decapitation in the Lost Missions episode "The Unknown," or this is a new version of that automaton.

    LEAD US TO WAR - Senator Riyo Chuchi is seen in the Senate, apparently voting with some enthusiasm for the Republic invasion of Scipio.

    SPEAKING AGAIN - Bec Lawise, the speaker of the Separatist senate, was last seen in the Season Four episode, "A Friend in Need."

    REBEL CAMEO - When the Muuns cede control of the Banking Clan over to Supreme Chancellor Palpatine -- and thus give Palpatine the financial means to build an empire -- the camera that passes through the Senate chamber catches a disgusted Mon Mothma folding her arms in disapproval.


    6.08 "The Disappeared, Part I"
    Spoiler:
    A MASTER REMEMBERED - The vacant seat on the Jedi Council was the one formerly held by Adi Gallia, who died in Season Five, killed by Savage Opress.

    FIRST APPEARANCE - This episode marks the appearance of Oppo Rancisis on the Jedi Council, a serpentine Jedi Master first seen in Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace, but left off the Council in the series until now.

    LIKE A GUNGAN IN AN JUNK SHOP - Mace advising Jar Jar not to touch anything aboard the shuttle echoes Qui-Gon's same instructions to Binks when they entered Watto's shop in Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace.

    CHATTAR LAL-INSPIRED - Although it is not explicitly said in dialogue, the cult leader of the Frangawl is High Seneschal Peteen, which echoes the role of Chattar Lal, Prime Minister of Pankot also being a Thuggee, in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.

    [b]BARDOTTAN ONLY ON BARDOTTA[b] - The Bardottan species has been previously seen, in a way, in the form of Mars Guo, a Podracer who competed in the Boonta Eve race in Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace. That Guo does not identify as a Bardottan suggests the species is widespread and may call multiple worlds as home. This episode makes it clear that there are two general sizes of Bardottans, tall and lanky like Julia and Peteen, and short and stout like Joseph and Savatte.

    NAMED IN TRIBUTE - The planet Bardotta is named after Brigitte Bardot.


    6.09 "The Disappeared, Part II"
    Spoiler:
    TALZIN'S TURN - Mother Talzin was last seen in "Revenge," an episode from Season Four of the series. Her story is not over yet.

    INTO THE SUNSET - The script specifically says the heroes ride off "like the end of The Last Crusade."

    CALM DOWN, WILL YA? - Mace advising Jar Jar not focus on his anxieties is the same advice Qui-Gon gives to Padawan Obi-Wan at the start of Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace.

    AN UNLIKELY DUO - One of the starting points the crew explored regarding the unlikely pairing of Jar Jar Binks and Mace Windu was the 2005 comedy The Man, which teamed up Samuel L. Jackson and Eugene Levy.
    "Not every movie is for you. Not every TV show is for you. Not every song is for you. Find the things you like, and like them. Go nuts liking them. A thing ISN’T for you? Cool. Go find something you like. That’s it. That’s as complicated as it should be." -- David Blue

  8. #28
    Lieutenant General DigiFluid's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    18,457

    Default Re: The Clone Wars: Season 6 (spoilers/discussion/speculation)

    6.10 "The Lost One"
    Spoiler:
    THIS MEANS SOMETHING - The mysterious opening sandstorm sequence on the Oba Diah moon was staged as a tribute to a similar sequence in Steven Spielberg's 1977 film Close Encounters of the Third Kind. As a further nod to Spielberg's distinct visual style, the night sky over the moon features a shooting star.

    SIFO DIAS? - Sifo-Dyas' case file, 127456, reads: "Jedi Master Sifo Dias [sic] died while trying to negotiate a peace between tribes on Felucia. He was aboard Jedi T6 shuttle 77519 when it crashed. Much of the information surrounding his death remains confidential under the office of the Chancellor. It is believed his body was eventually recovered and cremated by the Felucian tribes in accordance with Jedi custom. For this reason there has been little evidence which confirms the location [of] his disappearance. Further inspection in the matter may be authorized at a future date."

    TYRANUS REVEALED - This episode marks the moment when the Jedi finally discover Dooku's Sith name of Tyranus. It is here where the Jedi surmise that the Sith were involved in the creation of the clone army, as the name Tyranus was whom Jango Fett identified as his mysterious benefactor in Attack of the Clones.

    WELL AWARE - This episode makes it clear that the Jedi were not completely ignorant of the mysterious circumstances surrounding the creation of the clone army. Rather than be completely oblivious to their fate (a notion expressed in some earlier books) the Jedi in truth were aware of a plot by war's end, but were helpless to unveil it or stop it in time.

    THANKFULLY FOR OUR HEROES, THERE ARE REWRITES - An earlier version of the story spent some screen-time on Felucia following the investigation there. This version would have shown that the violent tribal disputes were between Felucians of the more savage designs seen in Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, and not the gentle farmer designs seen previously in Star Wars: The Clone Wars.


    6.11 "Voices"
    Spoiler:
    GALACTIC HITS - Composer Kevin Kiner makes effective use of Qui-Gon's theme (first heard in Episode I) and Yoda's theme (from Episode V) at key moments in this episode.

    MORTIS MENTION - While contemplating the mystery of Qui-Gon's voice, Yoda asks Anakin about the incident on Mortis, seen in Season Three of the series. It is important to note that, although sensors indicate no time had passed while the Jedi ventured into Mortis, and some of Anakin's visions experienced there were erased, the mysterious event did happen, and Obi-Wan, Ahsoka, and Anakin did report their encounters to the Jedi Council.

    AT THE CENTER = During the communal meditation scene, the Jedi Council chamber was based in the center spire of the Jedi Temple, as opposed to one of the outer spires as seen in Episode I and other episodes.

    EARLY DESIGNS - The design of Rig Nema is based on early Episode I concept art of Jedi Mace Windu.

    THE DEATH OF SHAAK TI - Clear in Yoda's visions is the confrontation between Sidious and the Jedi who attempted to arrest the Supreme Chancellor, including the electrocution of Mace. Also visible is the death of Shaak Ti by Anakin Skywalker's blade, a scene shot but ultimately edited out of Revenge of the Sith.


    6.12 "Destiny"
    Spoiler:
    WARS NOT MAKE ONE GREAT - Yoda's confidence in his own ability and knowledge as he begins his journey is reminiscent of Luke Skywalker's certainty when he meets Yoda on Dagobah. This episode exposes Yoda to many of the key lessons that he would later impart to Luke, including the philosophy of serenity and peace over war. This episode bridges the reality of Yoda the battlefield general of the prequels to Yoda, the one who dismisses war in The Empire Strikes Back.

    TRAGIC PREMONITION - As Yoda walks through the ruined Jedi Temple hallway, an echo of the "Battle of the Heroes" theme from Episode III can be heard.

    THAT TIME WITH THE TERENTATEKS Count Dooku discusses an encounter with a terentatek on Kashyyyk. Terentateks were fearsome creatures first introduced into Star Wars lore in the 2003 game, Knights of the Old Republic.

    REUNION - Among the Jedi gathered on the Temple training grounds in Yoda's idyllic vision are Quinlan Vos, Saesee Tiin, Mace Windu, Ahsoka Tano, Gungi, Tera Sinube, Aayla Secura, Anakin Skywalker, Kit Fisto, Eeth Koth, Ganodi, Ran Deezy, Zatt, Byph, Tiplar, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Shaak Ti, Adi Gallia, Barriss Offee, Knox, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Qui-Gon Jinn, and Dooku.

    MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE - When the serene Force Priestess pulls her mask off to reveal empty robes, it is meant to be reminiscent of Obi-Wan's empty robes falling when he is struck down by Darth Vader in Episode IV.


    6.13 "Sacrifice"
    Spoiler:
    WHAT'S IN A NAME? - At the start of story development, the Sith world was called Korriban, but George Lucas preferred to change its name to Moraband. A world so ancient could have been known by different names in different eras.

    DARTH BANE REVEALED - George Lucas created Darth Bane during the development of the backstory for Episode I, though this episode is the first time he has appeared on screen. An earlier incarnation of Bane appeared in the comics and novels of the Expanded Universe, and this one nearly appeared as an apparition on Mortis in Season Three. The cutting of that sequence allowed for the character to undergo a redesign to define his canonical look, as well as allow the production to cast Mark Hamill as the voice of the legendary Sith.

    AFFORDABLE FASHION - Dooku's sparring uniform debuts in this episode, and not only afforded the Sith Lord a new look, but also helped aid the show's budget. With costly simulations throughout this episode -- the smoky Sith apparitions, Bane's fiery form, and the cloaks of Yoda, Sidious, and the Priestesses -- Dooku's cloak would have nudged the episode beyond its restrictions.

    TALKIN' BALC - In the script, Sidious' incantation is said to be "Balc speech," and is written as follows: "Kintik hadzuska sutta chwituskak! Kintik hadzuska sutta chwituskak! Jiaasjen Jidai, jiassjen Jidai!"



    I can't help but note that the "DARTH BANE REVEALED" trivia is actually a whole bunch of nonsense. Lucas didn't create Darth Bane--Bane was dreamed up by EU author Drew Karpyshyn, and used to fix the contradiction in dialogue between ANH and AOTC ("a thousand generations" vs. "a thousand years"). Further -- there was never any talk of Darth Bane appearing in the Mortis episodes, it was Darth Revan who was going to appear before being cut.

    Interestingly, the Clovis arc was not only originally to be aired as part of Season 5, but was actually dreamed up (and apparently also written) during Season 4. According to one of the series' writers, it was to form a quartet of episodes along with "A Friend in Need" before they decided to split it across seasons. I think a bit of that earlier placement survived in a goof on dialogue--when Obi-Wan says to Anakin "you've met Satine," with no apparent regret or mention that she died during Season 5.
    "Not every movie is for you. Not every TV show is for you. Not every song is for you. Find the things you like, and like them. Go nuts liking them. A thing ISN’T for you? Cool. Go find something you like. That’s it. That’s as complicated as it should be." -- David Blue

  9. #29
    Colonel Teddybrown's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Somewhere in the Seven Kingdoms
    Posts
    6,031

    Default Re: The Clone Wars: Season 6 (spoilers/discussion/speculation)



    This trailer has me exited for what's to come with these episodes...

  10. #30
    First Lieutenant Baron Of Hell's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    609

    Default Re: The Clone Wars: Season 6 (spoilers/discussion/speculation)

    I liked season 6 even the jar jar episodes that I usually hate. The lowest point for me was the banking parts. The high point was Yoda episodes and the ship he was flying.

    I don't think the female jedi they had were good replacements for Ahsoka. I wish they had stronger females in this season. I also wish they would try something new instead of have all evil aliens look creepy. Hmmm well there was one group of aliens that were non creepy and evil but that definitely isn't normal for this show or universe.

  11. #31
    First Lieutenant
    Member Since
    Aug 2005
    Location
    London, England, UK
    Posts
    854

    Default Re: The Clone Wars: Season 6 (spoilers/discussion/speculation)

    quite liked the jar jar episodes, the order 66 arc was really good, but the whole banking clan arc was a bit dull wasnt it

  12. #32
    Lieutenant General DigiFluid's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    18,457

    Default Re: The Clone Wars: Season 6 (spoilers/discussion/speculation)

    A bit, yeah. Though I did enjoy both

    Spoiler:
    - Anakin flipping out and beating the snot out of Clovis. Yeah it made Anakin seem like a jealous, immature knob, but I liked seeing him succumb to anger. And I don't like Clovis, so I appreciated seeing him get clobbered.

    - The ending, with the banking clan coming under the direct authority of the Chancellor
    "Not every movie is for you. Not every TV show is for you. Not every song is for you. Find the things you like, and like them. Go nuts liking them. A thing ISN’T for you? Cool. Go find something you like. That’s it. That’s as complicated as it should be." -- David Blue

  13. #33
    Colonel Replicator Todd's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The United States of Evil
    Posts
    6,868

    Default Re: The Clone Wars: Season 6 (spoilers/discussion/speculation)

    Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    6.10 "The Lost One"
    Spoiler:
    THIS MEANS SOMETHING - The mysterious opening sandstorm sequence on the Oba Diah moon was staged as a tribute to a similar sequence in Steven Spielberg's 1977 film Close Encounters of the Third Kind. As a further nod to Spielberg's distinct visual style, the night sky over the moon features a shooting star.

    SIFO DIAS? - Sifo-Dyas' case file, 127456, reads: "Jedi Master Sifo Dias [sic] died while trying to negotiate a peace between tribes on Felucia. He was aboard Jedi T6 shuttle 77519 when it crashed. Much of the information surrounding his death remains confidential under the office of the Chancellor. It is believed his body was eventually recovered and cremated by the Felucian tribes in accordance with Jedi custom. For this reason there has been little evidence which confirms the location [of] his disappearance. Further inspection in the matter may be authorized at a future date."

    TYRANUS REVEALED - This episode marks the moment when the Jedi finally discover Dooku's Sith name of Tyranus. It is here where the Jedi surmise that the Sith were involved in the creation of the clone army, as the name Tyranus was whom Jango Fett identified as his mysterious benefactor in Attack of the Clones.

    WELL AWARE - This episode makes it clear that the Jedi were not completely ignorant of the mysterious circumstances surrounding the creation of the clone army. Rather than be completely oblivious to their fate (a notion expressed in some earlier books) the Jedi in truth were aware of a plot by war's end, but were helpless to unveil it or stop it in time.

    THANKFULLY FOR OUR HEROES, THERE ARE REWRITES - An earlier version of the story spent some screen-time on Felucia following the investigation there. This version would have shown that the violent tribal disputes were between Felucians of the more savage designs seen in Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, and not the gentle farmer designs seen previously in Star Wars: The Clone Wars.


    6.11 "Voices"
    Spoiler:
    GALACTIC HITS - Composer Kevin Kiner makes effective use of Qui-Gon's theme (first heard in Episode I) and Yoda's theme (from Episode V) at key moments in this episode.

    MORTIS MENTION - While contemplating the mystery of Qui-Gon's voice, Yoda asks Anakin about the incident on Mortis, seen in Season Three of the series. It is important to note that, although sensors indicate no time had passed while the Jedi ventured into Mortis, and some of Anakin's visions experienced there were erased, the mysterious event did happen, and Obi-Wan, Ahsoka, and Anakin did report their encounters to the Jedi Council.

    AT THE CENTER = During the communal meditation scene, the Jedi Council chamber was based in the center spire of the Jedi Temple, as opposed to one of the outer spires as seen in Episode I and other episodes.

    EARLY DESIGNS - The design of Rig Nema is based on early Episode I concept art of Jedi Mace Windu.

    THE DEATH OF SHAAK TI - Clear in Yoda's visions is the confrontation between Sidious and the Jedi who attempted to arrest the Supreme Chancellor, including the electrocution of Mace. Also visible is the death of Shaak Ti by Anakin Skywalker's blade, a scene shot but ultimately edited out of Revenge of the Sith.


    6.12 "Destiny"
    Spoiler:
    WARS NOT MAKE ONE GREAT - Yoda's confidence in his own ability and knowledge as he begins his journey is reminiscent of Luke Skywalker's certainty when he meets Yoda on Dagobah. This episode exposes Yoda to many of the key lessons that he would later impart to Luke, including the philosophy of serenity and peace over war. This episode bridges the reality of Yoda the battlefield general of the prequels to Yoda, the one who dismisses war in The Empire Strikes Back.

    TRAGIC PREMONITION - As Yoda walks through the ruined Jedi Temple hallway, an echo of the "Battle of the Heroes" theme from Episode III can be heard.

    THAT TIME WITH THE TERENTATEKS Count Dooku discusses an encounter with a terentatek on Kashyyyk. Terentateks were fearsome creatures first introduced into Star Wars lore in the 2003 game, Knights of the Old Republic.

    REUNION - Among the Jedi gathered on the Temple training grounds in Yoda's idyllic vision are Quinlan Vos, Saesee Tiin, Mace Windu, Ahsoka Tano, Gungi, Tera Sinube, Aayla Secura, Anakin Skywalker, Kit Fisto, Eeth Koth, Ganodi, Ran Deezy, Zatt, Byph, Tiplar, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Shaak Ti, Adi Gallia, Barriss Offee, Knox, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Qui-Gon Jinn, and Dooku.

    MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE - When the serene Force Priestess pulls her mask off to reveal empty robes, it is meant to be reminiscent of Obi-Wan's empty robes falling when he is struck down by Darth Vader in Episode IV.


    6.13 "Sacrifice"
    Spoiler:
    WHAT'S IN A NAME? - At the start of story development, the Sith world was called Korriban, but George Lucas preferred to change its name to Moraband. A world so ancient could have been known by different names in different eras.

    DARTH BANE REVEALED - George Lucas created Darth Bane during the development of the backstory for Episode I, though this episode is the first time he has appeared on screen. An earlier incarnation of Bane appeared in the comics and novels of the Expanded Universe, and this one nearly appeared as an apparition on Mortis in Season Three. The cutting of that sequence allowed for the character to undergo a redesign to define his canonical look, as well as allow the production to cast Mark Hamill as the voice of the legendary Sith.

    AFFORDABLE FASHION - Dooku's sparring uniform debuts in this episode, and not only afforded the Sith Lord a new look, but also helped aid the show's budget. With costly simulations throughout this episode -- the smoky Sith apparitions, Bane's fiery form, and the cloaks of Yoda, Sidious, and the Priestesses -- Dooku's cloak would have nudged the episode beyond its restrictions.

    TALKIN' BALC - In the script, Sidious' incantation is said to be "Balc speech," and is written as follows: "Kintik hadzuska sutta chwituskak! Kintik hadzuska sutta chwituskak! Jiaasjen Jidai, jiassjen Jidai!"



    I can't help but note that the "DARTH BANE REVEALED" trivia is actually a whole bunch of nonsense. Lucas didn't create Darth Bane--Bane was dreamed up by EU author Drew Karpyshyn, and used to fix the contradiction in dialogue between ANH and AOTC ("a thousand generations" vs. "a thousand years"). Further -- there was never any talk of Darth Bane appearing in the Mortis episodes, it was Darth Revan who was going to appear before being cut.
    Indeed its quite frustrating to see these blatant errors, especially the Darth Bane bit. Its seems Disney and Lucasfilm are going to erase the EU to the point where the stuff kept in will be regarded as creations of Lord Lucas. I'm going to be bitter about this EU "erasing" for a long time...

    But The Lost Missions were great! The Order 66 and Yoda arcs are some of the best episodes of the entire show. I loved getting alot of Dooku and Sidious as well. Especially Dooku.

    EDIT: Well apparently Lucas did create Bane and he was mentioned in The Phantom Menace novelization. As going by what Wookieepedia says.
    Last edited by Replicator Todd; March 11th, 2014 at 08:23 PM.

  14. #34
    Colonel Teddybrown's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Somewhere in the Seven Kingdoms
    Posts
    6,031

    Default Re: The Clone Wars: Season 6 (spoilers/discussion/speculation)

    Just finished the Jar Jar episodes, enjoyed them funnily enough...
    I think Mace Windu was the best partner for him because he sort of conveys the audience's feelings for Jar Jar...

  15. #35
    Captain Angela V's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Gating around the Universe
    Posts
    1,697

    Default Re: The Clone Wars: Season 6 (spoilers/discussion/speculation)

    Are these available or will be available on DVD? My kids have the first 5 seasons on DVD and want to complete the collection.
    Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

  16. #36
    Lieutenant General DigiFluid's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    18,457

    Default Re: The Clone Wars: Season 6 (spoilers/discussion/speculation)

    Quote Originally Posted by Angela V View Post
    Are these available or will be available on DVD? My kids have the first 5 seasons on DVD and want to complete the collection.
    Not at the moment, no, but then these did just appear on Netflix 3 weeks ago.

    I want to complete my set too, so I'm also looking forward to news of a home video release!
    "Not every movie is for you. Not every TV show is for you. Not every song is for you. Find the things you like, and like them. Go nuts liking them. A thing ISN’T for you? Cool. Go find something you like. That’s it. That’s as complicated as it should be." -- David Blue

  17. #37
    Colonel mr_kennedy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The Closet
    Posts
    6,465

    Default Re: The Clone Wars: Season 6 (spoilers/discussion/speculation)

    i'm slowly watching through the final season, it's not bad so far not great tho, but it's nice to get a final send off, next episode i watch will be episode 8
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

    Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

  18. #38
    Goalkeeper mandogater's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Clan Skirata's redoubt
    Posts
    16,261

    Default Re: The Clone Wars: Season 6 (spoilers/discussion/speculation)

    Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    Not at the moment, no, but then these did just appear on Netflix 3 weeks ago.

    I want to complete my set too, so I'm also looking forward to news of a home video release!
    Same here.
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

    Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

  19. #39
    Colonel mr_kennedy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The Closet
    Posts
    6,465

    Default Re: The Clone Wars: Season 6 (spoilers/discussion/speculation)

    Just finished it, last 4 episodes were some of the best of the whole show great homages to episode 3
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

    Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 666
    Last Post: August 19th, 2018, 05:55 AM
  2. Replies: 322
    Last Post: August 18th, 2013, 01:16 PM
  3. Replies: 301
    Last Post: March 24th, 2012, 10:54 PM
  4. Replies: 35
    Last Post: June 2nd, 2011, 08:26 AM
  5. Replies: 54
    Last Post: May 30th, 2010, 04:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •