X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taxi Driver (819)

Episode Synopsis :

Originally posted by Buddy TV
    From the CW: "Sam and Dean respond to a call from Kevin, who is terrified after hearing Crowley‘s voice in his head. After hearing Kevin‘s news, Sam and Dean team up with reaper named Ajay, who helps them deal with the second trial from the Tablet. Meanwhile, Dean receives a visit from Naomi and realizes he must find Benny and ask for a huge favor."
    Original Air Date : 04/03/2013
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 20 March 2013, 05:31 AM.
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Great episode, I thought. It was good to see Benny and Bobby again.

Benny's 'ending' was very predictable (I knew he wasn't coming back) but hopefully the door has been left open (even though the chances of him ever getting out are very slim).

I thought Sam found Bobby a little too easily and was hoping it was actually a demon pretending to be Bobby.

I didn't like how Sam and Dean reacted to Kevin. They were totally on board with Anna overhearing angels, and Sam was visited in his dreams by Azazel, yet as soon as Kevin hears Crowley in his head, it's all "Oh no Kevin, you're just crazy, there's nothing to worry about." Very unsympathetic (and stupid).

I haven't liked Amanda Tapping in this so far, but I think the character of Naomi actually stands out much better away from Castiel. You don't know whether or not to trust her, and that's an interesting side to her.

I just fear that now it feels like the trials are a little rushed, as if the writers didn't know what the trials would be so saved the last two for the season ending. I suspect there's going to be some massive show-down between Sam, Dean, Crowley, Naomi, Castiel, whichever uber-powerful beings they bring into it (God? Metatron?? Death???) and whomever they decide to resurrect (Meg? Bobby? Benny? Kevin's mom?) and at the end of the show-down the third trial will be looming over our heads until next season.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Comment

I think that Naomi is just focused on protecting heaven and will do what ever furthers that cause each time. If killing the Winchesters does that today then she will do that, if helping them does it then she helps them.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
        I think that Naomi is just focused on protecting heaven and will do what ever furthers that cause each time. If killing the Winchesters does that today then she will do that, if helping them does it then she helps them.
        i share your opinion.
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Didn't Kevin's mum not know where Kevin was? I hope Crowley was just lying and didn't kill her.

Comment

Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
            Didn't Kevin's mum not know where Kevin was? I hope Crowley was just lying and didn't kill her.
            Kev's mom was initially in the safe(boat)house with him, and he sent her away because she was a distraction. So if it's moored at the same place, she would have known.
            Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Comment

There's no reason to think that Crowley ever got to her since for all we know Kevin just went crazy and imagined everything that happened.

But even if it wasn't an imagination then there is the possibility that Crowley was just sending out a wide spectrum message that found Kevin without telling Crowley where Kevin was. Crowley of course knew that Kevins main button was his mom so he used that.

Comment

There's no reason to think that Crowley ever got to her since for all we know Kevin just went crazy and imagined everything that happened.

But even if it wasn't an imagination then there is the possibility that Crowley was just sending out a wide spectrum message that found Kevin without telling Crowley where Kevin was. Crowley of course knew that Kevins main button was his mom so he used that.
                That's what I'm hoping. To be honest though, I think the story would have been better if Kevin's mum was doing the trials, simply because she's a much more awesome character than Sam and Dean. They have too much baggage.

Comment

I suspect this might be true. You'll notice that when Sam & Dean enter the safe(boat)house, none of the windows are broken. Yet 'Crowley' blew them out when he appeared. Either Kevin cut and run, or Crowley was doing one hell of a job covering his tracks.

Comment

I am a bit confused. I could swear I have seen a Episode where Sam killed Benny, because I kept thinking how they are Quit now since Dean killed a Demon Friend of his in a earlier Season.
                    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                      I am a bit confused. I could swear I have seen a Episode where Sam killed Benny, because I kept thinking how they are Quit now since Dean killed a Demon Friend of his in a earlier Season.
                      Sam wanted to, but Dean tricked Sam into thinking that the girl (I can't remember the name, Molly?) that he was in love with while Dean was in purgatory needed him.
                      Benny was just left with the crazy hunter and his great grand daughter, and the crazy hunter was killed because he went after the daughter.

Comment

Emelia.

Comment

Amelia.

Comment

Great episode. Some things that bothered me though were Sam finding Bobby so easily and Crowley killing that Reaper. I liked to think that reapers were impossible to kill but the angel blade is beginning to look like a deus ex machina that can kill anything. I wouldn't be surprised if you can kill death itself with that thing. Also I was wondering why Naomi would allow Crowley to take Kevin but yeah I guess it can be a hallucination.
                            Originally posted by Descended
                            That blackhole was awfully weak, since the last blackhole they encountered practically stopped time in the SGC through a wormhole linked to a planet that was merely orbiting a blackhole, yet they flew almost into this one and all that happened was Teal'cs voice got a little deeper.

Comment

Originally posted by Callista View Post
                              Amelia.
                              Pedant.

Originally posted by Final View Post
                              Great episode. Some things that bothered me though were Sam finding Bobby so easily and Crowley killing that Reaper. I liked to think that reapers were impossible to kill but the angel blade is beginning to look like a deus ex machina that can kill anything. I wouldn't be surprised if you can kill death itself with that thing. Also I was wondering why Naomi would allow Crowley to take Kevin but yeah I guess it can be a hallucination.
                              Ugh, angel blades. Ridiculously overpowered. Alastair needed death's scythe itself to kill reapers to break a seal. Already they can kill angels, demons, hell-hounds and reapers. I suspect next season the producers will stick shiny glow-sticks on them and turn them into lightsabres. It's the only way they could get even more cheesy and powergamey.

Comment

Working...
                              X