No announcement yet.

Taxi Driver (819)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I (like to) think Ajay (the reaper) was different; and that's why he was able to be killed by the blade. They needed to be ghosts in order to seem reapers before, but there was no mention of that this time!

He was a taxi driver! Even normal people could see him (probably).

Comment

Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
      I (like to) think Ajay (the reaper) was different; and that's why he was able to be killed by the blade. They needed to be ghosts in order to seem reapers before, but there was no mention of that this time!

He was a taxi driver! Even normal people could see him (probably).
      Hey, that's a good point. Maybe he was even an angel (which would explain why an angel blade could kill him). I got the distinct impression Naomi knew him personally because she called him by name when talking to Dean. Crowley knew him by name as well and I'm not sure why Crowley and Naomi would bother to know the names of individual reapers as there seem to be an awful lot of them.

There were definitely a lot of weird things going on in this episode. I hope a future episode explains some of it instead of it all just being changes in the mythology of the show. (I'm really hoping that's what episode 22 "Clip Show" will be about!)

Comment

Very enjoyable episode. It was great to see Bobby again.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

The angel blades have always been a lame plot convenience tool put in the show so that the Winchesters could fight angels.

As much as I enjoy the show I still have to admit that the writing can be a bit poor at times, mainly when powerful beings all of a sudden forget what they can do. Demons for instance always seem to forget that they can use telekinesis to pin Sam and Dean to walls or throw them around and angels often forget that they can teleport.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
            The angel blades have always been a lame plot convenience tool put in the show so that the Winchesters could fight angels.

As much as I enjoy the show I still have to admit that the writing can be a bit poor at times, mainly when powerful beings all of a sudden forget what they can do. Demons for instance always seem to forget that they can use telekinesis to pin Sam and Dean to walls or throw them around and angels often forget that they can teleport.
            Only some demons can use telekinesis. It seems to depend on how many souls they have aligned with them (eg crossroads demons can, and the witch demon could). Lower level grunts can't do it because they're followers.

I think the only angel that doesn't teleport is Castiel, and only when he's staying under the radar or travelling with the Winchesters.

The most annoying thing for me for this episode is that Bobby still exists after the Hunter's burial. If burning bones kills demons, then why doesn't the same hold for dead people (like Bobby)? Demons are just dead people who went to hell (eg Ruby).

Comment

Actually it's never really been proven that burning bones kills spirits. It now appears that all it does is sever the spirits connection to Earth, making it impossible for them to leave heaven or hell. The Hunters burial is really therefore just to insure that the mentally unstable person who died (like most hunters on the show are) don't come back to haunt the living.

Comment

Great episode......

I was wondering what happens to demons when there killed in hell? is that it same goes for Purgatory and or heaven, it's kinda messy

I agree with ^ Hunter's burial just severs the connection

Originally posted by Callista View Post
                Amelia.
                Pond....... -___-
                Last Movie Watched
                X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
                  Great episode......

I was wondering what happens to demons when there killed in hell? is that it same goes for Purgatory and or heaven, it's kinda messy

I agree with ^ Hunter's burial just severs the connection

Pond....... -___-
                  IMO, yeah, I think that if killed in Heaven, Hell, or Purgatory, that is the end of the line.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                  X