Stargate Action Figures from Diamond Select

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chevron View Post
    I'd definitely want a beckett figure if you get it to be the same size as the diamond select ones.

Is it possible to send pics of your models?
    I have recently moved and all my stargate stuff is still in storage, Here is a link to some of the model kits I bought.
    http://www.jt-graphics.com/MK_BA.html#BA-24 and my gate glider is on this site at the beginning of the model link in my signature block
    sigpic "Check out or post Models, toys and blueprints " or: "latest Stargate PC Games "

Comment

here is a link to some of the printable models
      http://www.shapeways.com/

just type in stargate
      sigpic "Check out or post Models, toys and blueprints " or: "latest Stargate PC Games "

Comment

And what are your prices?

Comment

The fact there is still merchandise out there, and active people on this forum who are interested in it makes me happy It shows even more how good these shows are, and that even after years of silence, the fans and community persists.

Comment

Stubba2, can you make a diamond select sized beckett figure? Several other people and I want one. So I'd order about 20.

Comment

Stubba2, can you make a diamond select sized beckett figure? Several other people and I want one. So I'd order about 20.
              Would you want the figure to be posed or poseable like DS figures, Poseable could take a bit more work. Additionally, I would only really want to provide prototype figures if i did them as individually painting all those figures would be very time consuming, and it is only a hobby for me not an income stream.
              Last edited by Stubba2; 19 December 2014, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stubba2 View Post
                Would you want the figure to be posed or poseable like DS figures, Poseable could take a bit more work. Additionally, I would only really want to provide prototype figures if i did them as individually painting all those figures would be very time consuming, and it is only a hobby for me not an income stream.
                Yeah if possible poseable, that would be great. If you let me know if you can do it, how long it'll take, and about how much it'll cost and I'll let the person i have been emailing for 3 month about this.
                Last edited by chevron; 20 December 2014, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Yeah if possible poseable, that would be great. If you let me know if you can do it, how long it'll take, and about how much it'll cost and I'll let the person i have been emailing for 3 month about this.
                  Well, so many questions, firstly all my stuff is in storage and it is xmas so getting to it before mid jan will be impossible. Poseable means i will have to design and build all the parts individually, and getting a figure to a prototype level even as a non poseable can take up to 3 months working on it every day, and I won't be doing that. Additionally, I have three figures under construction at the moment that I would want to complete before taking on a new project. Cost is an unknown, but from experience it costs around $80 to get a figure to a primed grey working figure. Again this could be more with the addition of posability as every piece needs to be designed, created, moulded and cast before assy. So the answers are really how long is a piece of string for both time and cost. I must also say that the moulds are usually only good for a couple of castings so to make 20 would be an ongoing process. Lastly, it is one thing to help out other collectors, by creating fan art but to produce these items for sale would constitute copyright infringement, and my modeling link shows several modeling companies that have been shut down by the FBI and like organisations, that is why the ship models are so rare, the companies were issued cease and desist orders. Have you tried the "thats my face" site" as seen on Big Band Theory, they will create painted heads for you from photos and you can just pop it on a custom figure body. Or try this person they have the casts already they may sell to you. http://camonaco.blogspot.com.au/
                  Last edited by Stubba2; 20 December 2014, 01:53 PM.

Comment

a picture of the carson head before I put it in storeage.

Comment

Hi I would be interested in a full set of sg1 and Atlantis diamond select figures sealed. could you give me a price including postage to Australia

Comment

Originally posted by tparsons View Post
                        Hi I would be interested in a full set of sg1 and Atlantis diamond select figures sealed. could you give me a price including postage to Australia
                        Hi, I would need to pull out all my invoices to give you a full set price, would you want the case toppers, ltd editions and mail ins as well? I am in NSW so postage would be better than from overseas. Postage goes on weight and size. From memory a full set will be three large boxes, plus I pack in bubble wrap, I estimate around $35 per box for post, but that is a guess and depends on what state/city it is going to. Also from memory one of the SG1 double sets arrived to me damage so I would not be able to supply that one but you can still get them on ebay at a reasonable price. I will get back to you soon, but a full set will not be cheap, in saying that I will only be charging what they cost me plus postage, as I am not a store, and my wife says I have to get rid of some as I have too many, in here opinion. ha, ha

Comment

Originally posted by tparsons View Post
                          Ok I can do the Atlantis set including the "Steve the wraith figure" (16 figures) for A$1190.00 plus postage and handling to wherever you are. I can also offer an upgrade to an autographed Ronon Dex figure if you want that option for an additional A$50.00, which was the cost of getting the signature at AusComicon. ( From memory, I believe I have seen this set on Ebay in the US from around US$1800.00 plus postage, but i think two of the figures were autographed)
                          Last edited by Stubba2; 21 December 2014, 11:59 AM.

Comment

I forgot how big these sets are! A full set wasn't on my wishlist, but after hearing these(reasonable) prices, I am pretty sure it won't be part of my wishlist anywhere soon either

Comment

Originally posted by RunnerRonon View Post
                              I forgot how big these sets are! A full set wasn't on my wishlist, but after hearing these(reasonable) prices, I am pretty sure it won't be part of my wishlist anywhere soon either
                              I agree, I only started collecting in 2012 and whilst most of the figures were reasonably priced, I found I had to buy them from overseas so postage in some instances was as much or more than the figure, depending on what store you used. Then there were a few (8) that were much more expensive, two outrageously so, I got what I thought was a deal on Ronon Dex figures from Canada and even they were C$200 each plus $30 postage, but these were selling on ebay at the time for US$280 plus post of $26 so it was a little cheaper, but considering the RRP was $20 it was certainly a considerable mark up.

Comment

I have listed some of my SGA doubles on Ebay if anyone is after some. Figures are
                                LT Col Sheppard
                                Autographed Ronon Dex
                                Athosian Teyla
                                Wraith Queen
                                Wraith Drone
                                Steve the Wraith exclusive Mail in
                                Col Samantha Carter

Comment

Working...
                                X