Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Stargate Action Figures from Diamond Select

O am pretty new to gateworld, so I can not send a PM. I might also be interested in the models.

Quote Originally Posted by chevron View Post
    O am pretty new to gateworld, so I can not send a PM. I might also be interested in the models.
    Ok, I have posted my email on your notice board

Probie

Hi do you have any of these left that u r selling

Quote Originally Posted by tparsons View Post
    Hi do you have any of these left that u r selling
    Hi, I have lots of stuff all in mint unopened condition, form figures to coasters best lock kits and ship and stargate model kits.

Let me know what it is in particular you are looking for. I also have some Ronon Dex figures and one is autographed if you are after one of them.

Chief Master Sergeant RunnerRonon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stubba2 View Post
    Hi, I have lots of stuff all in mint unopened condition, form figures to coasters best lock kits and ship and stargate model kits.

Let me know what it is in particular you are looking for. I also have some Ronon Dex figures and one is autographed if you are after one of them.
    Wow, that sounds like some amazing stuff you have there. I only recently started looking around for merchandise, but you must be one of the few people who is willing to part with that much stuff! Most people either sell a few pieces, or want to keep everything for their own collection.

Quote Originally Posted by RunnerRonon View Post
    Wow, that sounds like some amazing stuff you have there. I only recently started looking around for merchandise, but you must be one of the few people who is willing to part with that much stuff! Most people either sell a few pieces, or want to keep everything for their own collection.
    I sort of got caught up in the whole thing a little while ago and helped out a lot of collectors/fans when they needed to get some cash etc... So i bought a few full sets of figures over the course of a year and also bought out some rarer figures from store stock suppliers online, the killer was the postage,ha,ha. But I loved getting multiple boxes of figures, it was like Christmas every other week. Of course I did make the mistake of not telling the better half what i was doing so I have coped a bit of crap over that. Needless to say I have quite a few figures and models, that i am will to let go, and still have my mint and loose figures for myself. I customize figures and use a 3d printer to create figures not produced as well. Some of them have fibre optic implants, like the hand devices for my apophis, glowing eyes and I am still working of a figure with a retractable snake head. France and Germany still have a few suppliers selling this stuff but ebay and amazon appear to be the most common sites.

My advice to you would decide what specific characters you want from which franchise (SSG1 or SGA) and buy the rarest most expensive ones first, they will only go up in value and I think there will probably be a resurgence when the new SG movies are released, as it will most likely generate a whole new generation of fans as they seek out move input.

I believe some of these characters are well and truly getting out of the reach of the general fan/collector, and will soon only be in the realm of entrepreneur, I mean even I paid more than US$200 for my Ronon Dex figures, and that really hurt the pocket, but i have seen loose figure of this character go for $180 on ebay UK, so the demand and desire are still there.

I sort of got caught up in the whole thing a little while ago and helped out a lot of collectors/fans when they needed to get some cash etc... So i bought a few full sets of figures over the course of a year and also bought out some rarer figures from store stock suppliers online, the killer was the postage,ha,ha. But I loved getting multiple boxes of figures, it was like Christmas every other week. Of course I did make the mistake of not telling the better half what i was doing so I have coped a bit of crap over that. Needless to say I have quite a few figures and models, that i am will to let go, and still have my mint and loose figures for myself. I customize figures and use a 3d printer to create figures not produced as well. Some of them have fibre optic implants, like the hand devices for my apophis, glowing eyes and I am still working of a figure with a retractable snake head. France and Germany still have a few suppliers selling this stuff but ebay and amazon appear to be the most common sites.
    How much would a custom beckett figure cost? And stargate models do you have?

How much would a custom beckett figure cost? And stargate models do you have?
    Ok at the moment I only have a 12 inch scale beckett head, but these are not ready to sell on yet, as I have not done any moulds for casting, basically because I want to shrink it down to the 6 1/2 inch scale to go with the other figures. I believe you can get them on ebay from hongkong for US$25. The ships I have are Hatak,teltak, Anubis mother ship, ori ship, the Asgard o'neill ship, a puddle jumper, a 304 dadelus and 303 prometheus, an offword stargate with serpent guards, a gate glider (click my models and blueprint link to see that one). Some of these are BadAzz kits other I have made from scratch. I have put some of the model meshes on the Scifimeshes wed site for free download and printing on a 3d printer, they also offer a print service if you want to go that way.
    Last edited by Stubba2; December 19th, 2014 at 01:23 AM.

Ok at the moment I only have a 12 inch scale beckett head, but these are not ready to sell on yet, as I have not done any moulds for casting, basically because I want to shrink it down to the 6 1/2 inch scale to go with the other figures. I believe you can get them on ebay from hongkong for US$25. The ships I have are Hatak,teltak, Anubis mother ship, ori ship, the Asgard o'neill ship, a puddle jumper, a 304 dadelus and 303 prometheus, an offword stargate with serpent guards, a gate glider (click my models and blueprint link to see that one). Some of these are BadAss kits other I have made from scratch. I have put some of the model meshes on the Scifimeshes wed site for free download and printing on a 3d printer, they also offer a print service if you want to go that way.
    I'd definitely want a beckett figure if you get it to be the same size as the diamond select ones.

Is it possible to send pics of your models?

I'd definitely want a beckett figure if you get it to be the same size as the diamond select ones.

Is it possible to send pics of your models?
    I have recently moved and all my stargate stuff is still in storage, Here is a link to some of the model kits I bought.
    http://www.jt-graphics.com/MK_BA.html#BA-24 and my gate glider is on this site at the beginning of the model link in my signature block

here is a link to some of the printable models
    http://www.shapeways.com/

just type in stargate

And what are your prices?

Chief Master Sergeant RunnerRonon's Avatar

The fact there is still merchandise out there, and active people on this forum who are interested in it makes me happy It shows even more how good these shows are, and that even after years of silence, the fans and community persists.

Stubba2, can you make a diamond select sized beckett figure? Several other people and I want one. So I'd order about 20.

Stubba2, can you make a diamond select sized beckett figure? Several other people and I want one. So I'd order about 20.
    Would you want the figure to be posed or poseable like DS figures, Poseable could take a bit more work. Additionally, I would only really want to provide prototype figures if i did them as individually painting all those figures would be very time consuming, and it is only a hobby for me not an income stream.
    Last edited by Stubba2; December 19th, 2014 at 11:50 PM.

Would you want the figure to be posed or poseable like DS figures, Poseable could take a bit more work. Additionally, I would only really want to provide prototype figures if i did them as individually painting all those figures would be very time consuming, and it is only a hobby for me not an income stream.
    Yeah if possible poseable, that would be great. If you let me know if you can do it, how long it'll take, and about how much it'll cost and I'll let the person i have been emailing for 3 month about this.
    Last edited by chevron; December 20th, 2014 at 10:08 AM.

Yeah if possible poseable, that would be great. If you let me know if you can do it, how long it'll take, and about how much it'll cost and I'll let the person i have been emailing for 3 month about this.
    Well, so many questions, firstly all my stuff is in storage and it is xmas so getting to it before mid jan will be impossible. Poseable means i will have to design and build all the parts individually, and getting a figure to a prototype level even as a non poseable can take up to 3 months working on it every day, and I won't be doing that. Additionally, I have three figures under construction at the moment that I would want to complete before taking on a new project. Cost is an unknown, but from experience it costs around $80 to get a figure to a primed grey working figure. Again this could be more with the addition of posability as every piece needs to be designed, created, moulded and cast before assy. So the answers are really how long is a piece of string for both time and cost. I must also say that the moulds are usually only good for a couple of castings so to make 20 would be an ongoing process. Lastly, it is one thing to help out other collectors, by creating fan art but to produce these items for sale would constitute copyright infringement, and my modeling link shows several modeling companies that have been shut down by the FBI and like organisations, that is why the ship models are so rare, the companies were issued cease and desist orders. Have you tried the "thats my face" site" as seen on Big Band Theory, they will create painted heads for you from photos and you can just pop it on a custom figure body. Or try this person they have the casts already they may sell to you. http://camonaco.blogspot.com.au/
    Last edited by Stubba2; December 20th, 2014 at 01:53 PM.

a picture of the carson head before I put it in storeage.

Probie

Hi I would be interested in a full set of sg1 and Atlantis diamond select figures sealed. could you give me a price including postage to Australia