• Time
  • Show
Clear All

2013 in Star Wars

A quick reference, as much for me as for you

January
    Books
    Jan 1 - Scoundrels
    To make his biggest score, Han’s ready to take even bigger risks. But even he can’t do this job solo.

Han Solo should be basking in his moment of glory. After all, the cocky smuggler and captain of the Millennium Falcon just played a key role in the daring raid that destroyed the Death Star and landed the first serious blow to the Empire in its war against the Rebel Alliance. But after losing the reward his heroics earned him, Han’s got nothing to celebrate. Especially since he’s deep in debt to the ruthless crime lord Jabba the Hutt. There’s a bounty on Han’s head—and if he can’t cough up the credits, he’ll surely pay with his hide. The only thing that can save him is a king’s ransom. Or maybe a gangster’s fortune? That’s what a mysterious stranger is offering in exchange for Han’s less-than-legal help with a riskier-than-usual caper. The payoff will be more than enough for Han to settle up with Jabba—and ensure he never has to haggle with the Hutts again.

All he has to do is infiltrate the ultra-fortified stronghold of a Black Sun crime syndicate underboss and crack the galaxy’s most notoriously impregnable safe. It sounds like a job for miracle workers . . . or madmen. So Han assembles a gallery of rogues who are a little of both—including his indispensable sidekick Chewbacca and the cunning Lando Calrissian. If anyone can dodge, deceive, and defeat heavily armed thugs, killer droids, and Imperial agents alike—and pull off the heist of the century—it’s Solo’s scoundrels. But will their crime really pay, or will it cost them the ultimate price?

Jan 1 - The Clone Wars: Darth Maul: Shadow Conspiracy [note that this adapts the Maul episodes of TCW season 5, link spoiler warning]
    Fueled by vengeance and rage, the newly reunited brothers Darth Maul and Savage Opress spread terror and violence. As they forcibly recruit criminals from the darkest corners of the Outer Rim to join their army, the brothers begin to consolidate their new criminal empire in an effort to bring out Darth Maul’s most hated enemy: Obi-Wan Kenobi.

With the backing of an army composed of the galaxy’s most vicious criminal organizations, there is nothing that stands in Maul’s way that he cannot crush. Will Darth Maul have his vengeance against Obi-Wan Kenobi, or will the Jedi Knight escape his grasp? And if so, at what cost?

Comics
    Jan 2 - Purge: The Tyrant's Fist, Part 2
    Jan 9 - Star Wars #1: In the Shadow of Yavin, Part 1
    Jan 30 - Agent of the Empire #9: Hard Targets, Part 4

TV
    Jan 5 - The Clone Wars "Missing in Action"
    Jan 12 - The Clone Wars "Point of No Return"
    Jan 19 - The Clone Wars "Eminence"
    Jan 26 - The Clone Wars "Shades of Reason"

February
    Books
    Feb 26 - The Last Jedi
    The Emperor’s ruthless Order 66 has all but exterminated the Jedi. The few remaining who still wield the Force for good have been driven into exile or hiding. But not Jax Pavan, who’s been steadily striking blows against the Empire—as a lone guerrilla fighter and a valued partner of Whiplash, a secret Coruscant-based resistance group. Now he’s taking on his most critical mission: transporting a valued Whiplash leader, targeted for assassination, from Coruscant to safety on a distant world. It’s a risky move under any circumstances, but Jax and his trusted crew aboard the Far Ranger, including the irrepressible droid I-Five, are prepared to pit their combat skills and their vessel’s firepower against all Imperial threats—except the one Jax fears most. Reports have raced across the galaxy that the dark lord of the Sith has fallen in a duel to the death with a Rebel freedom fighter. But Jax discovers the chilling truth when he reaches out with the Force . . . only to touch the dark, unmistakable, and malignantly alive presence that is Darth Vader. And Jax knows that Vader will stop at nothing until the last Jedi has fallen.

Comics
    Feb 6 - Dark Times #23: Fire Carrier, Part 1
    Feb 13 - Star Wars #2: In the Shadow of Yavin, Part 2
    Feb 20 - Agent of the Empire #10: Hard Targets, Part 5
    Feb 27 - Dawn of the Jedi #8: The Prisoner of Bogan, Part 3
    Feb 27 - Dawn of the Jedi #9: The Prisoner of Bogan, Part 4

TV
    Feb 2 - The Clone Wars "The Lawless"

March
    Comics
    Mar 6 - Dark Times #24: Fire Carrier, Part 2
    Mar 13 - Star Wars #3: In the Shadow of Yavin, Part 3
    Mar 20 - Legacy Vol 2 #1: Prisoner of the Floating World, Part 1

April

May
    Books
    May 7 - Dawn of the Jedi: Into the Void
    On the planet Tython, the ancient Je'daii Order was founded. And at the feet of its wise Masters, Lanoree Brock learned the mysteries and methods of the Force—and found her calling as one of its most powerful disciples. But as strongly as the Force flowed within Lanoree and her parents, it remained absent in her brother, who grew to despise and shun the Je’daii, and whose training in its ancient ways ended in tragedy.
    Now, from her solitary life as a Ranger keeping order across the galaxy, Lanoree has been summoned by the Je’daii Council on a matter of utmost urgency. The leader of a fanatical cult, obsessed with traveling beyond the reaches of known space, is bent on opening a cosmic gateway using dreaded dark matter as the key—risking a cataclysmic reaction that will consume the entire star system. But more shocking to Lanoree than even the prospect of total galactic annihilation, is the decision of her Je’daii Masters to task her with the mission of preventing it. Until a staggering revelation makes clear why she was chosen: The brilliant, dangerous madman she must track down and stop at any cost is the brother whose death she has long grieved—and whose life she must now fear.

Comics
    May 22 - Dawn of the Jedi #10: The Prisoner of Bogan, Part 5

June
    Books
    June 3 - The Clone Wars: Episode Guide
    A comprehensive guide, Star Wars: The Clone Wars Episode Guide details every episode from the highly popular animated series, The Clone Wars, featuring plot points, key characters, and the spaceships, weapons, and gadgets. Each of the 100 episodes is showcased with a stunning visual spread. For the first time, all of the episodes will be presented in story order, making this the definitive chronology of the beloved television show, The Clone Wars!

July
    Books
    July 2 - Crucible
    Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, and Princess Leia have spent a lifetime fighting wars, bringing the Jedi back from extinction, raising families, and saving the galaxy more times than they can count. They've earned the right to rest on their laurels and let the younger generation shoulder the burden--but fate has another adventure in store for our heroes, a quest only they can tackle and hope to survive...

August

September
    Books
    Sept 24 - Kenobi
    Taking place between the events of Episode III and Episode IV, it will be set during the early days of Obi-Wan's exile on Tatooine. Kenobi is a sweeping story that’s all Star Wars, part epic western, part romance, and part high-stakes drama.

TV
    Likely premiere of Season 6 of The Clone Wars

October
    Film

Dates TBA
    Late 2013 - Novel - Maul: Lockdown
    From the mind of Joe Schreiber, New York Times bestselling author of Star Wars: Death Troopers, comes the delirious follow-up to last year's Darth Plagueis. In a tale of retribution and survival set before the events of The Phantom Menace, Darth Plagueis and Darth Sidious dispatch Sith apprentice Darth Maul on a secret mission to infiltrate a criminal empire operating from inside Cog Hive Seven-a hidden prison teeming with the galaxy's most savage criminals. There, he must contend against the scummiest and most villainous in gladiatorial death matches while carrying out his masters' clandestine commands. Failure is not an option; success will ignite the revenge of the Sith against the Jedi Order.

TBA - TV - Star Wars Detours
    Star Wars Detours is an animated comedy that explores what daily life is like in a galaxy far, far away. There are no Empires striking back or attacking clones here. Instead, Star Wars Detours focuses on the universe's regular folks and their everyday problems... which, to be fair, do frequently involve famous bounty hunters, crazed Ewoks, and even a Dark Lord of the Sith. Welcome to Star Wars: Detours: the other side of the stars, between the wars.

TBA - Video game - Star Wars: 1313
    Last edited by DigiFluid; 10 February 2013, 03:04 PM. Reason: Revise
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Resisting reading the article on Darth Maul: The Shadow Conspiracy...

Comment

That Obi-Wan novel could be interesting. Hadn't heard about it before.

Comment

Thank you so much Digi! Perfect reference, I cant green you yet I keep forgetting to get on here nowadays and think I greened you last when I was here previously...

I was wondering when Star Wars #2 was coming out...I hope this isn't the last year of Dark Horse and Del Rey EU. I'm excited about Kenobi!

Comment

Looks like an axciting year for Star Wars.
          1 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. 4 And where I go you know, and the way you know.”
          5 Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?”
          6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

John 14:1-6

Comment

Too bad, that none of those books likelly aren't never going to be released here in Finland.
            To be exact, I don't even remember what was last Star Wars book that was released here in Finland and when it was...

Comment

Looks like that Maul book has been bumped to early next year.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
              X