Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If we managed to send a team to the destiny, how many naquida generators are needed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we managed to send a team to the destiny, how many naquida generators are needed?

So lets say we manage to get a third season. As part of the opener for that season, the SGC is granted a one time 'resupply op' to send people and material to the Destiny. How many Naquida generators do you think they would need to take to properly keep the Destiny powered so it would be able to stay in FTL as planned by Eli?

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    So lets say we manage to get a third season. As part of the opener for that season, the SGC is granted a one time 'resupply op' to send people and material to the Destiny. How many Naquida generators do you think they would need to take to properly keep the Destiny powered so it would be able to stay in FTL as planned by Eli?
    untold dozens?

a Mark I is a droplet in Destiny's power ocean.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
      untold dozens?

a Mark I is a droplet in Destiny's power ocean.
      Indeed. We're talking about a ship that requires so much power it has to recharge from STARS to find enough energy it can store.

That said, I've had an idea as to how the ancients could have dialled Destiny again from the MW with a very nearby Naq source. I'll be kicking off my fan fic again soon so stay tuned..

Back to destiny though, if they did manage to make a connection, rather than naq generators, I'd prefer them to send materials / pre-made replacement energy storage reservoirs to replace destinys worn out and knackered ones. The ship was stated to only be able to hold around 40% of the original storage in its reservoirs (which considering how battered and knackered it is seems a little high and optimistic - i would have thought more like 14% to be honest). If the SGC could send new supplies to replace the existing power reservoirs it would make life a lot easier for the crew. They could then successfully recharge the ship to 100% and dial back to earth. At least then they could transfer stuff to and from the ship (though obviously that would kinda ruin the plot of the show but perhaps it could then concentrate on the ships main mission a bit more).
      Last edited by Energizer_Vs_ZPM; 28 January 2013, 05:59 PM.

Comment

That's tough, I don't think it was ever referenced what kind of energy consumption the FTL drive has. I wonder if maybe 3-5 Mk II generators would suffice if they were exclusively for the FTL drive?

Also I thought the reason Destiny uses solar energy wasn't so much for the power requirements as it was for the sustainability?

Perhaps SG-1 could use the Time Jumper and go to the 2030's where they could grab a Mk XII generator, like the ones referenced in SGA "The Last Man". That was good enough to power Atlantis' shield apparently, I imagine a couple of those would benefit Destiny quite a bit.

If they did manage a supply connection though, I'd hope that they would send through a lot of raw materials so that the repair robot(s) could use it to repair the hull, power conduits, etc and get the ship closer to it's original condition.

Comment

Originally posted by Aesop View Post
          That's tough, I don't think it was ever referenced what kind of energy consumption the FTL drive has. I wonder if maybe 3-5 Mk II generators would suffice if they were exclusively for the FTL drive?

Also I thought the reason Destiny uses solar energy wasn't so much for the power requirements as it was for the sustainability?

Perhaps SG-1 could use the Time Jumper and go to the 2030's where they could grab a Mk XII generator, like the ones referenced in SGA "The Last Man". That was good enough to power Atlantis' shield apparently, I imagine a couple of those would benefit Destiny quite a bit.

If they did manage a supply connection though, I'd hope that they would send through a lot of raw materials so that the repair robot(s) could use it to repair the hull, power conduits, etc and get the ship closer to it's original condition.
          Destiny can power a 9th chevron wormhole. it currently has 40% of that available, and it needs all of it to cross the distance. that equals tonnes and tonnes and tonnes of naquahdah.

The only slight hope there is, is that the generators will prevent the ship from falling short and might buy Eli some time to figure it all out, but no much.

Comment

naquida generators: at least 50
            How about sending 40 subspace capacitor instead?
            Or may be 30 ZPM?
            And some material and tools to repair the power cell and the ship, too!!
            sigpic

Comment

The amount of power Destiny uses and can only get about 40% of it's capacity it would take quite a lot of mark I's or few less mark II's but if it could get to 100% it would probably take considerably more. The best thing to do would be interface a ZPM if available which would last longer than naquadah generators and make tons more power.

Comment

The naquadah generators could be useful for some non-essential systems, maybe some added time for Eli; but the real help would come if they sent tools to repair parts of ship or maybe another form of stasis for Eli which would also allow them to survive the gap.

Comment

naquadah generators can power life support and the likes but nothing more... according to dr.rush destiny does not have the capability to dial earth "anymore"... a fully charged destiny could dial back earth(that means it can store serious amount of power) and was only about 40% efficient when they arrived... that shows the kind of power that the ship requires to run... no amount of naquadah generators is going to be enough... i would rather have a few zpms as backup power...

Comment

But if we can power life support, and maybe the bridge/gate/apple core for our use in day to day activities thats less strain on the engine power required.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      But if we can power life support, and maybe the bridge/gate/apple core for our use in day to day activities thats less strain on the engine power required.
                      yes indeed... but the main power requirement is from the shields and weapons and ftl... the rest is peanuts really... but ofcourse anything is better than nothing..zpms would be ideal though...

Comment

Heck, even say a 1% reduction in FTL usage/power requirements would be good.. remember it took only a fraction of a percentage to get them from the first galaxy they were in to the one they found the drones in.. So a full on percentage point would (or should) make a big difference.

Comment

Would it not make more sense to attempt to repair the battery storage system aboard the Destiny as opposed to adding power systems??
                          sigpic
                          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Energizer_Vs_ZPM View Post
                            Indeed. We're talking about a ship that requires so much power it has to recharge from STARS to find enough energy it can store.

That said, I've had an idea as to how the ancients could have dialled Destiny again from the MW with a very nearby Naq source. I'll be kicking off my fan fic again soon so stay tuned..

Back to destiny though, if they did manage to make a connection, rather than naq generators, I'd prefer them to send materials / pre-made replacement energy storage reservoirs to replace destinys worn out and knackered ones. The ship was stated to only be able to hold around 40% of the original storage in its reservoirs (which considering how battered and knackered it is seems a little high and optimistic - i would have thought more like 14% to be honest). If the SGC could send new supplies to replace the existing power reservoirs it would make life a lot easier for the crew. They could then successfully recharge the ship to 100% and dial back to earth. At least then they could transfer stuff to and from the ship (though obviously that would kinda ruin the plot of the show but perhaps it could then concentrate on the ships main mission a bit more).
                            Why is it everyone keeps ignoring the Ori super gate that is powered by a black hole, which is known to be able to dial other galaxies? As long as what you are sending through it can fit through Destiny's gate it wouldn't be a problem. In fact if they did this they could send naq generators and ask the Ori Priors to send them the super gate sections that they could drop off at each galaxy near a black hole for power, thus providing themselves with a life line.

In fact they could send a few puddle jumpers to Destiny that way. And newer Asgard shield tech.

Comment

Working...
                            X