Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am creating a comic of SGU after the season 2 finale -Mods poll please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am creating a comic of SGU after the season 2 finale -Mods poll please?

I am creating a comic of SGU after the season 2 finale.
    No idea how long I'll do it for or if it will be good enough to actually load up onto the PC and
    share it around but if I do it will definitely be up here first.

BUT! I have a problem, I cannot decide on which way I want Eli to deal with the Statis pod issue or if he uses another solution completely.

So I decided to see which option is the most popular solution or the most likely.

Add your own and vote [Can Mods add in a poll?]

Options:
    -Eli fixed the pod and it works
    -A separate but advanced group of the Novans or Futurians happen across the Destiny and help
    -Eli uses the chair to store himself [not a bad idea but would change the story to much]
    -God aliens offer some form of ambiguous help
    -Other

Also in comments I'd like to see where people would like the story to go in what direction?
    Eli fixed the pod and it works
    50.00%
    A separate but advanced group of the Novans or Futurians happen across the Destiny and help
    12.50%
    Eli uses the chair to store himself
    12.50%
    God aliens offer some form of ambiguous help
    0.00%
    Other (please give details)
    25.00%

or he dies that should be an option.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
      or he dies that should be an option.
      Fair question but I want the story dynamic not to be altered to much and I really doubt that SGU would of killed off Eli he is the closest thing to a main character.

Comment

Originally posted by SilenceOz View Post
        Fair question but I want the story dynamic not to be altered to much and I really doubt that SGU would of killed off Eli he is the closest thing to a main character.
        But then the team would be at the mercy of Rush, which would make rush more interesting character as he finally has all the power. It would be a bold thing for the writers to do through, given that Eli was a fan favourite.

Comment

But then the team would be at the mercy of Rush, which would make rush more interesting character as he finally has all the power. It would be a bold thing for the writers to do through, given that Eli was a fan favourite.
          Agreed - central character death can be a powerful thing as long as it's kept to. I can't count the times I lose respect for screen/comic writers who pull the "he's dead - OR IS HE?!?" routine. Especially if they do it more than once.
          Morally Ambiguous Genius Non-Scientist.

ETG is also rambling inanely on DeviantArt | FFNet | Tumblr | Twitter

Comment

How would you feel if Sam and Rodney sent through a almost depleted zpm enough for one short dial back to send all the fodder characters back to earth with the main crew staying on board? Too much of an asspull?

Comment

How would you feel if Sam and Rodney sent through a almost depleted zpm enough for one short dial back to send all the fodder characters back to earth with the main crew staying on board? Too much of an asspull?
              yes, and the fodder characters were some of my favourites.

Comment

yes, and the fodder characters were some of my favourites.
                Really?
                I couldn't stand Mr Negativity, the guy that tried dialing the gate while the drones were only a couple of Kilometers away...and always had something to complain about.

He'd be the first to get the Axe.
                Last edited by SilenceOz; 06 February 2013, 01:20 AM.

Comment

Really?
                  I couldn't stand Mr Negativity, the guy that tried dialing the gate while the drones were only a couple of Kilometers away...and always had something to complain about.

He'd be the first to get the Axe.
                  It people like that make the show feel more real and give it extra depth, there always a Mrs or Mr Negativity in a group of a hundred people.

Comment

I know in some of the SG1 Novels that Carter is now a General and the leader of SGC.

Seems very unrealistic for the speed she went from Lt Colonel to Brigadier General?
                    I am thinking of having her in the comic occasionally.

Comment

I know in some of the SG1 Novels that Carter is now a General and the leader of SGC.

Seems very unrealistic for the speed she went from Lt Colonel to Brigadier General?
                      I am thinking of having her in the comic occasionally.
                      Probably. An their actually no reason for her to receive such ranking, especially as she probably on first name bases with the president and the joint chiefs, and carry enough respect and experience done what needs anyway without calling favours or being awarded an higher rank. I think some writers just feel the need to up character ranks for little to no reason.

Comment

Working...
                      X