X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corin Nemec recovering from emergency surgery

'PARKER LEWIS' STAR BOAT CRASH
    Shattered Leg, Extreme Blood Loss

Corin Nemec -- star of the '90s sitcom "Parker Lewis Can't Lose" -- is recovering from emergency surgery ... after he shattered his leg and lost TONS of blood in a bad boating accident this weekend.

Nemec says he was on board a Coast Guard vessel in Belize on Saturday morning -- on his way to shoot a scene for a movie -- when the boat crashed into a semi-submerged barge.

Nemec claims he suffered major injuries in the wreck -- and was transported to a nearby hospital for emergency surgery.

The actor -- who was working on the SyFy movie "Poseidon Rex" -- told a local news reporter, "We hit the sinking barge, and that is what filled the boat to one side immediately with an enormous amount of force, and that threw me into the side of the boat where I shattered my femur in 3 places."

41-year-old Nemec says the break was so bad, he lost over half the blood in his body -- and he required multiple blood transfusions to save his life.

"Everybody onboard that boat, including the gentlemen working for the Coast Guard, everyone is lucky to be alive," Nemec said.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/01/24/parker...-crash-belize/
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

"Jonas, why are you smiling?"

"It's just...this is the first time I've shattered my leg and nearly died from blood loss." *grin*

I couldn't help myself. =P I'm really glad the actor's okay, though! O_O
    || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Awe, poor Corin, hope he gets better soon. I'm following him on twitter so I've sent him a tweet, he might not respond or even if he does it might not be for awhile, but thought I'd send one anyway.
      sigpic
      McKay: A Bow and arrow, what is this, Lord of the Rings.
      Tony: Why do you think I call him Legolas.
      ff.net - a03 || Tumblr

Comment

Wow.....get better soon Corin!

IHS
        sigpic

Comment

Ouch! Get well soon Corin!
          To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield- Tennyson
          http://darthtimon.wix.com/meerkatmusings
          http://meerkatmusings.co.uk/

Comment

WOW I hope he gets better soon
            sigpic
            My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
            poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Here's a good article on it, with more details. Nothing on the other folks injured and nothing on IMDB either on rest of cast.

Full details at http://7newsbelize.com/sstory.php?nid=24537

He's got a twitter account at @imcorinnemec so perhaps messages of support can be left there.

Comment

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!! Gonna send him a tweet. Now!!! And will tell his other cast mates too via Twitter.

SYNCHRONIZE.... SWATCHES!!!!!!

Comment

Told some of them already about it, as of this writing Gary Jones has responded to the news on his Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by John Emmanuel Ramos View Post
                    Told some of them already about it, as of this writing Gary Jones has responded to the news on his Twitter.
                    I've seen Peter DeLuise, Peter Williams and Cliff Simon tweet about the news today, too.
                    sigpic
                    Thank you to Ikorni for the sig

Jolinar's LJ - Currently reviewing all SG1 eps as part of the Shipper Rewatch, feel free to add me

Comment

I wish Corin a very speedy recovery.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Wishes for a speedy and complete recovery for Corin.
                        sigpic

Comment

I hope Corin gets well soon.
                          "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                          Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                          Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                          Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                          I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                          To thy own self... Be true
                          May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

I saw this on TMZ and recognized the name. It’s really awful and I hope that he will get better soon.
                            sigpic

Comment

Yes, this sounds like a really bad accident, I'm just so glad that Corin is making a good recovery from it.

Cate
                              sigpic

...with thanks to the wonderful Bay...

Comment

Working...
                              X