X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freaks and Geeks (818)

Episode synopsis :

Originally posted by Buddy TV
    From the CW: "Sam and Dean investigate some recent vampire kills and are surprised to learn Krissy Chambers is involved. They find Krissy and learn her father was killed and she‘s been taken in by a man named Victor, who has taken in a group of orphan kids to teach them how to hunt. Victor is helping the teenagers find the vampires who took their parents so they can get revenge. Sam is intrigued by Victor‘s method of giving the teenagers a home life as well as a hunting life, but Dean is suspicious of Victor‘s motives."
    Original air Date : 03/27/2013
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 20 March 2013, 05:29 AM.
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Cool episode, I thought. I actually liked it better than the last one. It was good to see Krissy again. I got a very 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer' vibe from this episode, possibly due to the house (very similar interior) and the dynamic of the kids.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Comment

Originally posted by The Urban Spaceman View Post
      Cool episode, I thought. I actually liked it better than the last one. It was good to see Krissy again. I got a very 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer' vibe from this episode, possibly due to the house (very similar interior) and the dynamic of the kids.
      I was thinking reverse 'The Lost Boys' throughout most of it.

I do have a question, though:
      Did Victor kill himself because he realized he'd become the very monster he hated? (I think I just answered my own question, but I was kind of wondering why he did that last night. )

Comment

I think it was because he believed what Krissy said – that he was going to have to continue living, all alone, with no family. He'd already lost his family once, and now that he knew he'd lost the kids too, I think it pushed him over the edge.

His whole 'ends justify the means' attitude suggested that he was comfortable with being a 'monster' if it ultimately led to creating newer, better hunters. I think to a man like Victor, he would have seen it as a necessary self-sacrifice.
        Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Comment

The guy clearly couldn't live with his failure and decided to end things, in essence taking the cowards way out.

Good episode on the whole though it really liked a threat in it to make things more interesting.

I did think it was funny when Victor went on about the next generation of hunters needing to be better when he was talking to two guys who took down the devil and foiled both heaven and hell.

Comment

Good episode. I can't wait to watch it again tomorrow night. The wife will finally get to see it.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
              I did think it was funny when Victor went on about the next generation of hunters needing to be better when he was talking to two guys who took down the devil and foiled both heaven and hell.
              Granted, between them they also started the apocalypse, and failed to stop the dragons from bringing Eve out of Purgatory, thus indirectly being partially responsible (about 10% responsible, I'd guestimate) for the whole Leviathans thing (rest of the responsibility falls on Castiel & Crowley).

Comment

Granted, between them they also started the apocalypse, and failed to stop the dragons from bringing Eve out of Purgatory, thus indirectly being partially responsible (about 10% responsible, I'd guestimate) for the whole Leviathans thing (rest of the responsibility falls on Castiel & Crowley).
                Considering the fact that they were being played by both heaven and hell, it´s still pretty incredible that they managed to alter the way history was meant to unfold. If you want to be uncharitable you could argue that everything that now happens in that world happens because the Winchesters messed up gods original plan (though he seems to have changed his mind somewhere along the way).

Comment

Ahh, but maybe this had been his plan all along, and the whole Michael/Lucifer thing was just to test angels.

Comment

Nah, I think that god originally had a plan but at some point along the way he lost interest in it and moved on to other things. The angels and demons tried to follow it but the Winchesters managed to change things and thus prove that free will is real thing in the Supernatural world.

But then again, there really is no way to know for sure

Comment

We could go to SPN HQ and hold the writers & producers hostage for answers. It can be a GW SPN-fan bonding exercise. I'll bring the pitchforks and the marshmallows.

Comment

We could go to SPN HQ and hold the writers & producers hostage for answers. It can be a GW SPN-fan bonding exercise. I'll bring the pitchforks and the marshmallows.
                        Count me in. I'll bring the duct tape.
                        sigpic

Comment

I really liked it and it would be a good idea for a spin-off show... I mean SPL did a lot of stories which could have been great spin-off shows and I kind of like it that they didn't jump of the wagon of spin-off shows yet because everyone does that these days. Once Supernatural is over I wouldn't mind another show in the same universe though, may be a castiel spin-off as an angel hunter ?
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X