X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man's Best Friend With Benefits (815)

Episode synopsis :

Originally posted by Buddy TV
    From the CW: "A police officer named Kevin, who turned to witchcraft after working a case with Sam and Dean, is plagued by nightmares in which he murders innocent people. However, when the murders actually happen, Sam and Dean are called in by Kevin‘s "familiar" to help -- but the brothers aren‘t sure they want to save a witch."

Original Air Date : 02/20/2013
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 05 February 2013, 11:52 PM.
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Er...Um...Uh....
    I'm just going to be like Dean and not comment on the bestiality possibilities here.
    So, I'm thinking maybe those witches were into alchemy or something because there didn't seem to be any demons involved. Plus they had the astral projection thing and all and I think the Men of Letters were into alchemy and stuff.
    Also, while I was looking up alchemy stuff, that led to looking up Aleister Crowley who turned out drew this:
    75px-Crowley_unicursal_hexagram.svg.png
    for his Thelema symbol and doesn't that look familiar if you erase the little flower in the middle?!?!

Comment

Good episode overall. Not as great as the last one, but still, very enjoyable.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I thought it was an interesting insight into witches, and do agree with Callista that they seemed to be getting their power from something other than demons (perhaps alchemy, or the Key of Solomon, or something similar). Too bad about the obvious and transparent bad-guy, I had him pegged as evil the very second I saw him. Compare with e2.16 (Roadkill) which is full of interesting twists and turns, and you don't realise what's truly happened until the very end.

We need more writing like that!
        Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Comment

The series seems to suggest that all power comes from souls.

Comment

Indeed, though it would appear not everybody can access the power of a soul; some like Pamela might have natural abilities, whilst some need to go through an intermediary (ie, summoning demons).
            Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Comment

Alongside season 9, I'm also watching season 8 again at the moment. And there I recognized something. In episode 3 "Heartache" you can see a book about China on a table. In episode 15 "Man's Best Friend With Benefits" you can as well see a China book on a table. Whereas it is a completely other accommodation in a completely other place. It doesn't seem to be the same book (colors appear to be different) but someone on the set of Supernatural seems to be a China fan .

The very young do not always do as they are told.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X